***OFFICIAL CUBS REGULAR SEASON THREAD***

Jake Arietta is showing why it's generally a good idea to trade for upside when you're in the middle of a mini firesale.

It's only half of a game so far but guys with that kind of stuff don't grow on trees.

I read yesterday they've lost 11 of last 12 at Wrigley. Be nice when the Hawks start, and the Bears look pretty decent.

I don't care if the Cubs only win 5 games the rest of the season, as long as it is against the Cardinals. :D

U mad E11en?

Nice to see Sveum step up and bench Castro between innings after another in a long run of boneheaded, lazy plays this year. Talent or no, I have just about had my fill of Starlin and his cavalier approach to the game.

Last edited:
Dejesus' s at bat was pathetic, 3 pitches 3 Cubs out in the 1st. After watching Urbandale win last night playing great ball, I can't watch this lousy play by the Cubs. Golf starts at 2

Dejesus' s at bat was pathetic, 3 pitches 3 Cubs out in the 1st. After watching Urbandale win last night playing great ball, I can't watch this lousy play by the Cubs. Golf starts at 2

I'm with you. I see that the park is full of Cardinal fans today and, frankly, it doesn't surprise me at all. When your team doesn't not score runs, you can't afford to give the other team extra outs and that's exactly what the Cubs constantly do with their substandard defensive play. Watching Lake nonchalant that fly ball to allow a couple more runs to score is so typical of how the team is playing. I know we're being told to stay patient, but as a long time Cub fan, I felt that I've been patient nearly all my life and it's getting more than old.

I can't believe I'm still watching, maybe the chicks in the stands. Lake's muffing that ball was typical. Sveum is not doing much to shake up this lousy crap. Going to get some beer and something to bbq, then it's golf.
I'm with you on the lifetime, hell my great grandparents listened to them on the radio while they played cribbage. The playoff disasters have about given me a stroke. Cheers

They said tonight that Rizzo has the lowest batting average (.173) with men in scoring position of any player in the league with enough qualifying at bats. I am so proud!

They said tonight that Rizzo has the lowest batting average (.173) with men in scoring position of any player in the league with enough qualifying at bats. I am so proud!

The good news ... he hit a HR 1st time up. The bad news ... no one was on base. And the Cubs are down 6-1.

Castro batting 1st and Rizzo 2nd will be interesting if it keeps up.

Nice little comeback in the 9th inning vs Strasburg today. Down 3, the Cubs get 1, and then Donnie Murphy hits a 2 out 2 run HR to tie the game and knock out Strasburg. :)

Latest posts