***OFFICIAL CUBS REGULAR SEASON THREAD***

Nice back and forth game tonight. 6-6 in the 9th inning now.

Edit: well, the last few minutes did not go well for Kevin Gregg. 10 - 6 Cards are up now.

Last edited:
Nice win by Samardzija ast night. He's really been wobbling his last few starts and needed this outing.

The Cubs are about three games better than they were this time last year. Not much improvement, but still, the purge continues. A cynic would say that, really, all the Cubs are doing is cutting salary. I guess it all depends on whether you have trust in the wonder boys hired to turn this around. I do like some of the less heralded players they brought in, but they can do no better than keep the Cubs at the level of mediocrity that they now occupy. It does make me wonder, however, that they are trumpeting Samardzija, Castro and Rizzo as the first three permanent cornerstones of the team and they are all struggling this year. Oh well, "wait until next year!"

Keith Law of ESPN released a midseason Top-50 prospects list today. Here are the Cubs' farmhands that made his list:

15. Kris Bryant
20. Jorge Soler
25. Alberto Almora
27. Javier Baez
Honorable Mention--Arismendy Alcantara

Keith Law of ESPN released a midseason Top-50 prospects list today. Here are the Cubs' farmhands that made his list:

15. Kris Bryant
20. Jorge Soler
25. Alberto Almora
27. Javier Baez
Honorable Mention--Arismendy Alcantara

4 in the top 50 isn't bad. Maybe they can get another one at the trade deadline.

4 in the top 50 isn't bad. Maybe they can get another one at the trade deadline.

The Cubs could definitely use top-level pitching prospects, and if the Cubs are willing to trade Garza anywhere but Texas, they probably have a shot at landing a top-50 pitching prospect. There are probably half a dozen pitchers in the 15-50 range on contending teams outside the NL Central that teams might be willing to include in a deal for Garza.

Paul Sullivan of the Tribune is reporting that Olt and Grimm are headed to Des Moines, Edwards is headed to Daytona, and the Cubs are going to get two players to be named later.

Olt appears to be a decent 3B prospect, but I believe he has had some eye problems, which may or may not be totally rectified. When you have eye issues, it not like you can rehab it like you might with a different physical injury. I assume that the Cub's brain trust are comfortable with this issue and must feel that the problem is behind him.

The Cubs seem to be loaded with promising infielders. Hope some of them truly pan out.

Lake just absolutely crushed a home run. Hopefully this is a sign of the future and not just another young Cub player with a hot start. He's showing signs of versatility though, great bunt earlier in the game.

Latest posts