***OFFICIAL CUBS REGULAR SEASON THREAD***

Schierholtz is making himself a good trade candidate.

I dunno. He's only costing the Cubs 2.2 mill. Not cheap, but considering some of the salaries Hendry hung on the team, he's a bargain for the production they're getting out of him.

I dunno. He's only costing the Cubs 2.2 mill. Not cheap, but considering some of the salaries Hendry hung on the team, he's a bargain for the production they're getting out of him.
I agree but he's not in the long term plan. I think the Cubs have the luxury of holding out for a decent prospect for him. With that said, it doesn't sound like we're getting much for Sori and paying over half his salary.

I will miss Soriano, he was a great clubhouse guy and made himself a decent outfielder. He can still carry a team when he gets hot at the plate.

Latest on the Soriano trade. Looks like it is Corey Black. Here's a quick take from the article ...

Born on August 4, 1991, Black isn’t a big guy, standing 5-11, listed at 175. As you would expect from a former shortstop, he is a very good athlete and has plenty of arm strength: he’s been clocked as high as 100 MPH in short stints and works in the mid-90s as a starter. He has a curveball, slider, and changeup. Although none of his secondary pitches are considered outstanding, they off-set the fastball well when his command is on. His mechanics aren’t the smoothest and his command is inconsistent, but he picks up strikeouts at a good clip.

If he throws strikes and makes further progress with his secondaries, Black can start at higher levels. If that doesn’t work out, his arm would still look good in the bullpen.

Chicago Cubs Expected to Trade Alfonso Soriano to New York Yankees for Corey Black and Salary Relief | Bleacher Nation | Chicago Cubs News, Rumors, and Commentary

Things are looking good for next year. There's a good article on the Cubs website where Theo talks about his plans. Why can't I find anything about if Bryant is playing for a minor now, progress, ect

12-10 since the Scott Feldman trade, and a lot of those wins have come against teams in playoff contention.

Yep, staying competitive, although it's surprising to see the Giants tied with the Padres in last place in the West. The Cubs run differential is -18 while the Giants are at -61. Wow.

I hope Bryant is in Des Moines soon. I'd like to see a couple other guys they got too. Sec Taylor really gets electric when someone like Bryant plays. Prior, Wood, and Zambrano were really fun with I think all 3 hitting at least 1 or more hrs, but I think Priors rehab outing was bad. I wish they still had Archer, 2 shutouts in 3 starts. Tampa Bay is rolling

Projecting a bit, but I wonder if/when the Cubs have ever won 3 consecutive 1-run games on the road. Given their long history, I'd be willing to bet they have, I just wonder when it was.

Well, I guess my question is a bit more relevant now.

I'm sure it's happened, but I don't ever remember seeing it.

The Cubs obviously are not a good baseball team, but they do play in a tough division. I'm starting to think they may not be as crappy as I thought. With that said, another trade or two, and wins are going to be really tough to come by.

Wow! The Brewers taking a huge bite out of the Cub's rear end these last couple of days. Counting today's double header, the bullpen now has 22 blown saves on the year. Devastating. Of course it doesn't help that Castro misplays a simple line drive that would have been the last out and instead gives up the lead. No way that should be a hit, but really, what does it matter. It's just another way to lose a game that was essentially in hand.

Latest posts