**OFFICIAL CUBS REGULAR SEASON THREAD**

wow. that was awesome. Honestly, I was waiting to see Marmol come in and blow that 2-0 lead but thankfully they let him finish the game. Why is that such a foreign concept now?

Nice Cub's trivia question. Who was the Cub's catcher the day Kerry Wood struck out 20 Astros?

Ans: Angel "Sandy" Martinez

Get within a couple games of .500 by the end of the first Sox series and this team has a shot to be decent. This has been a pretty tough schedule so far. 4 straight series in which the Cubs haven't lost, 2 of those against the best two teams in the league.

I think we got us a manager boys. Imagine what this team will be like when we can drop all the dead wood that is eating up huge salary. I want pitching..more pitching.

Now now, lets not put the cart before the horse. 4 series does not a season make.

No but considering we've played 9 of them that's a good chunk of the season just far. They just played some pretty bad baseball those other 5 series'. I see nothing wrong with enjoying baseball and finding hope where it exists. It's the only sport going on until college football after all.

I never expected a whole lot from this season and I still don't. But I still like what I'm seeing so far. And there seems to be some chemistry with this team. That's nice to see with a team that's six games under .500.

I never expected a whole lot from this season and I still don't. But I still like what I'm seeing so far. And there seems to be some chemistry with this team. That's nice to see with a team that's six games under .500.

+1. Cubs had a horrible start (3-10) but are 8-7 since then, also against some good teams (St. Louis and LA), so there's hope after all that this team is not nearly as bad as some (myself included) were afraid of a couple weeks ago. I still expect this team to be sub-500 this year, but they are playing a much better stretch of ball as of late.

+1. Cubs had a horrible start (3-10) but are 8-7 since then, also against some good teams (St. Louis and LA), so there's hope after all that this team is not nearly as bad as some (myself included) were afraid of a couple weeks ago. I still expect this team to be sub-500 this year, but they are playing a much better stretch of ball as of late.

Exactly. At least now they are bearable to watch.

Latest posts