**OFFICIAL CUBS REGULAR SEASON THREAD**

Hanson is really hit or miss, on or off, not much in-between. He's second on the team in almost all of the pitching categories, he's having a pretty good year. Samardzija had a couple really good outings early, is he still pitching as good?

The Braves' offense is finding it's stride. Freddie Freeman is a beast, leading most of the hitting categories. The cubs are starting to turn it on too, so I am excited for the matchup as well.

Yeah Samardzija has been a pleasant surprise. Mainly because a lot of Cubs fans aren't used to seeing our players develop. Has a 3.41 ERA and 32 K's in 31 IP.
Will be a good test for him tonight for sure.

Yeah Samardzija has been a pleasant surprise. Mainly because a lot of Cubs fans aren't used to seeing our players develop. Has a 3.41 ERA and 32 K's in 31 IP.
Will be a good test for him tonight for sure.
Dusty Baker, after Jeff S beat the Reds 3-1 last week ...

‘‘That’s the best we’ve seen probably this year against us,’’ Reds manager Dusty Baker said. ‘‘Usually he doesn’t have that kind of command and control. Our reports say he’s throwing the ball good, and you could see he was at 95-98, and when he left he was throwing 95-96.

‘‘It wasn’t us tonight. It was him.’’

Jeff Samardzija twirls another gem for Cubs in 3-1 win over Reds - Chicago Sun-Times

Let's see if he keeps it up tonight. :)

I thought Travis Wood had earned another start, based on his pitching yesterday. Not to mention that he has a decent bat. Would much rather see more of him than Volstad.

Is tonight's game televised?

I think it's only on that WCIU thing. Last one of those for a while.

If you live in central Iowa and either have Mediacom or a set of bunny ears they show the WCIU games on WHO substation 13.3. Back a few years ago when Mediacom and Sinclair were having their dispute over Fox 17 Mediacom provided a set of free bunny ears so people could get the Superbowl if a deal wasn't struck so I have those sitting around that I can hook up and watch the WCIU games.

Hanson is really hit or miss, on or off, not much in-between. He's second on the team in almost all of the pitching categories, he's having a pretty good year. Samardzija had a couple really good outings early, is he still pitching as good?

The Braves' offense is finding it's stride. Freddie Freeman is a beast, leading most of the hitting categories. The cubs are starting to turn it on too, so I am excited for the matchup as well.

Samardzija has been one of the biggest surprises in baseball this year. He's got two bad/below average starts, but picked up the win in one of them. His other three starts, he's been nearly unhitable, allowing a total of 11 hits in those starts with 24 strikeouts and just 4 walks.

Bryan LaHair has the highest OPS in baseball among qualified players I believe. MVP.

Bryan LaHair has the highest OPS in baseball among qualified players I believe. MVP.

If guys would get on base ahead of him, he'd be a Triple Crown contender right now. Second in the majors in batting average at .392, too.

I'm actually kind of surprised he hasn't had many chances in the majors. He was always good in the minors.

Latest posts