**OFFICIAL CUBS REGULAR SEASON THREAD**

I don't expect much of a splash this offseason. Theo has already gone on the record a week or so ago saying that this rebuild is going to take more time than he originally thought and he was pleading with Cub fans to stay the course. Theo is too committed to building the system up from the ground. If he's lucky enough to unload Sori the only thing we will be getting in return is a couple of low level prospects.

What he has said is he isn't going to sign a big contract. Greinke or Hamilton. he's going to get more midlevel types that he can flip, aka Maholm. Starting pitching is going to be where this is done at in order to get a decent return on investment. I like Sanchez but he's the second best pitcher on the market and I think he warrants to many years or too many dollars. I think Haren is too old to do what Theo wants to do, but if Santana (Ervin) can bounce back next year he'd be a good investment. I think Marcum is the more likely option, and maybe Edwin Jackson who would likely have some value because he is a good 3 arm in the rotation.

The Brave situation I mentioned is interesting. I would love to bring in one of those arms as they will have about 8 ML ready starters. The issue is they are likely going to want to turn one or two of them into something they can use NOW, maybe a Barney like player or a James Russel. Maybe if Theo takes the Uggla contract from them it happens, I don't know, but though it could be a boring offseason for the cubs as far as huge signings it is going to be a huge one in importance, and I think there will be some intriguing moves made.

This should be changed to the cubs OFFSEASON thread, btw. They are at home in their warm, comfy sofas with their inexplicably hot wives.

Yeah, this thread needs to die and go away. I started an off season thread last year and was just waiting for baseball to be offer before starting a new one. The Cubs definitely need to make some moves and there will be plenty to discuss.

On a side note, gawd damn Cardinals!!!!!

Latest posts