**OFFICIAL CUBS REGULAR SEASON THREAD**

I am starting to warm up to Mather as well and hope the Cubs find a way to keep his bat in the lineup. He appears to be a 2nd source of power for the Cubs. He already has 2 homers in 35 at bats. He is not a big RBI guy but is enough of a threat to protect LaHair.

When is Soriano going on that power surge? It looked like he was about to start one of those streaks.

Mather needs more that 40 PA's to prove that he doesn't suck. Until then, based on his past career, he sucks and doesn't need to be in the line up more.

ssckelley lets be real the cubs NEED to get rid of soriano!

Yes they do, but they also NEED him to get on a hot streak or two if they want to get any type of value for him in the form of players. The Cubs are going to paying a large chunk of his salary and that isnt going to change. He needs to hit better to get somebody serviceable in exchange.

ssckelley lets be real the cubs NEED to get rid of soriano!

I think they do after this year. Theo & Co. know that this year is a rebuild, so why waste the money on his contract buyout? Keep him this year as he's at least a lump of meat that can be sent out into left field. After this year, cut your losses.

I think they do after this year. Theo & Co. know that this year is a rebuild, so why waste the money on his contract buyout? Keep him this year as he's at least a lump of meat that can be sent out into left field. After this year, cut your losses.

That is all fine and dandy until they want to call Rizzo up from AAA. Then do you continue to trot Soriano out to LF or put LaHair out there? I think you have to keep LaHair in the lineup. Dont even want to see a platoon with him.

That is all fine and dandy until they want to call Rizzo up from AAA. Then do you continue to trot Soriano out to LF or put LaHair out there? I think you have to keep LaHair in the lineup. Dont even want to see a platoon with him.

I don't see Rizzo coming up this year. Not because he's not good but Theo has said time and time again that he would prefer Rizzo and Jackson stay down in Iowa all year. I was listening to a radio interview with David Kaplan a few days back and he said basically the same thing. Rizzo will at the very least have to stay down in Iowa until some time in either late June or July because if you pull him up sooner he's eligible for arbitration a year earlier. They would prefer to keep him down until after that date so they save a year. And also at that point it becomes kind of waste to bring him up earlier since the roster expands at the end of August. That's at least my opinion gathered from the stuff I have heard.

I don't see Rizzo coming up this year. Not because he's not good but Theo has said time and time again that he would prefer Rizzo and Jackson stay down in Iowa all year. I was listening to a radio interview with David Kaplan a few days back and he said basically the same thing. Rizzo will at the very least have to stay down in Iowa until some time in either late June or July because if you pull him up sooner he's eligible for arbitration a year earlier. They would prefer to keep him down until after that date so they save a year. And also at that point it becomes kind of waste to bring him up earlier since the roster expands at the end of August. That's at least my opinion gathered from the stuff I have heard.

I know about the arbitration thing which is why I think you will see Rizzo and Jackson up sometime in June. I havent read or heard what you are saying about Theo wanting both of them in Iowa all year. They will be starters from Day 1 in 2013 so you might as well play them everyday ASAP this year, once you save that extra year of arbitration.

I know Theo and Hoyer are adamant that minor league players get at least 500 at bats in AAA before they come to the big leagues. Right now Rizzo has 463 at bats in his AAA career and Jackson has 297. Maybe they make an exception for Jackson and the 500 number because he had such a great Spring Training. Bottom line, I think they will both be in Chicago in June.

I'm just busting your balls superfan.
I'm anxious to see how the Cubs look against the Braves tonight.

Adrian Cardenas called up for the Cubs.He's a former first round pick of the Phillies who has had some good and bad stints in the Minors. He's been hitting really well thus far in Iowa and when he plays it would be his MLB debut, I believe.

I'm interested to see if we got a steal on him as we claimed him off waivers from Oakland in February. He's still fairly young so who knows.

I know you were. My "done" came out the wrong way. :)

Good deal. Samardzija vs Hanson tonight. I know Hanson had a rough outing his last time out. Aside from that, his numbers look good.

Will be a good test for Jeff. The Braves are murdering the ball right now and lead the national league in runs scored.

Good deal. Samardzija vs Hanson tonight. I know Hanson had a rough outing his last time out. Aside from that, his numbers look good.

Will be a good test for Jeff. The Braves are murdering the ball right now and lead the national league in runs scored.

Hanson is really hit or miss, on or off, not much in-between. He's second on the team in almost all of the pitching categories, he's having a pretty good year. Samardzija had a couple really good outings early, is he still pitching as good?

The Braves' offense is finding it's stride. Freddie Freeman is a beast, leading most of the hitting categories. The cubs are starting to turn it on too, so I am excited for the matchup as well.

Adrian Cardenas called up for the Cubs.He's a former first round pick of the Phillies who has had some good and bad stints in the Minors. He's been hitting really well thus far in Iowa and when he plays it would be his MLB debut, I believe.

I'm interested to see if we got a steal on him as we claimed him off waivers from Oakland in February. He's still fairly young so who knows.

So Travis Wood was sent down. Is that right?

The Braves scored more than 5 runs every game of their three game series vs Colorado. We've scored more than 5 runs in a game only three times this season.

Latest posts