2. Darwin Barney, 2B
3. Starlin Castro, SS
4. Alfonso Soriano, LF
5. Ian Stewart, 3B
6. Jeff Baker, 1B
7. Marlon Byrd, CF
8. Geovany Soto, C
9. Ryan Dempster, P

Good God, it's going to be a long year....

1. David DeJesus, RF
2. Darwin Barney, 2B
3. Starlin Castro, SS
4. Alfonso Soriano, LF
5. Ian Stewart, 3B
6. Jeff Baker, 1B
7. Marlon Byrd, CF
8. Geovany Soto, C
9. Ryan Dempster, P

Good God, it's going to be a long year....

If everybody has a "career year", it could be our year!!!

I am a lifelong Cub fan, but I have been ignoring the Cubs all spring. I have seen some of the trades that the new management made and was bewildered by a couple of them. Seeing the opening day lineup makes me sad, but I really have zero expectations this year. I suspect that this will be a typical Cubs season...over by June.

I am five beers deep at Schubas bar and about to make the mile walk to Wrigley. Zero expectations for this team= no disappointment. Opening Day at Wrigley, cross that off the bucket list.

Sounds like before Bill Murray threw out the first pitch he sprinted around the bases and slid into home. I would love to see that video!

0-0 after 3. Dempster got out of the 1st with runners on 2nd and 3rd with 1 out and the Nationals had the bases loaded with 1 out in the 3rd.

LaRoche has struck out each time to get the 2nd out of the 1st and 3rd innings.

I am five beers deep at Schubas bar and about to make the mile walk to Wrigley. Zero expectations for this team= no disappointment.

Opening Day at Wrigley, cross that off the bucket list.
I was at opening day in 1998, the year Harry died. Dutchie sang take me out to the ballgame. I had a tear.

Cubs scratch out a run......... I would bet my life Dempster gives up 2 here............

Sean+Penn+Dead+Man+Walking.PNG

You'd have lost that bet. Dempster is pitching pretty well today, a one hitter so far. And that one hit was a little flare to right on the first pitch of the game. Eight strikeouts through six. Will be interesting to see how far they let him go.

Last edited:
Kerry will get better as the season goes on, but this was just heart wrenching. It'll be a shame if we lose with the way Ryan pitched today.

its a shame dempster didn't get the win after getting out of jams in the 1st and 3rd he pitched awesome. the wind helped but he still pitched very well

Saw this happen all last year. Whenever the Cubs starter managed to put a strong game together, the bullpen would come in and waste it. Well, at least Strasburg is out of the game. Maybe the Cubs can muster up some offense against the Nats bullpen.

Anyone else on twitter seeing all these people hating on the cubs? I mean they are extremely difficult to root for and funny to watch but I guess i just dont understand the hate from other fans?