**OFFICIAL CUBS REGULAR SEASON THREAD**

Cubs fans on here have a strange fascination with LaHair and Campana. It reminds me of the Darwin Barney talk last year.

It really doesn't matter that they suck because they're cheap and the Cubs aren't going anywhere regardless but if the Cubs are going to be good in 2014/15 none of these guys should be playing significant roles.

If Barney continues to play like he has so far with the Cubs he is an asset and I could see him being a starting second baseman on a good team. He's an ok hitter (for 2b) and plays good defense. He's a 1-2 win player and worth having around.

Campana's speed is an asset for sure, if he can improve his bat (possible because of his age but I don't really see it happening) he could be a solid player and I never really trusted LaHair, especially during his hot streak.

After an off day they have Clevenger starting over Soto in today's lineup. I know I have been preaching playing the kids but Soto could use the at bats to improve his trade value.

Six lefties in the lineup today: 1 DeJesus, 2 Castro, 3 Rizzo, 4 Soriano, 5 LaHair, 6 Clevenger, 7 Barney, 8 Valbuena, 9 Maholm.

Maholm pitched a really good game today. he has not been mentioned as a trade candidate and the cubs have a 6.25 million dollar option on him for next year. I wonder if they will try to extend him as he is a lefty that can eat innings (as long as he avoids the big inning).

Puig has a deal with the dodgers. bigger than the soler deal Los Angeles Dodgers have deal with Yasiel Puig, sources say - ESPN Los Angeles
Thanks for the update, I did not look at the dates on the article I was reading. I am not surprised by the Dodgers throwing a bunch of money at Puig since it will be the last chance any team has to outbid others for international prospects.It makes me sick about LaHair. I mentioned back in May the Cubs should have shopped him when he was on a tear. Hopefully he will get on another hot streak soon.

Lahairs trade value today is no different than it was back in may. He's the same player now that he was then. A strike out prone power hitter who is suspect against lefties. Do you really think mlb gms would give away the farm because he was off to a fast start? All due respect, if YOU realize what Lahair is and isn't don't you think guys who get paid a lot of money to recognize talent would also?

It was nice to see Anthony Rizzo get his first homerun as a Cub today...a 2 run shot that proved to be the game winner in the Cubs 3-2 win over the Asstros.

Don't want to read too much into it, but that was sweet to see the Cubs sweep the Astros this weekend. And Marmol seems to have found the bite on his slider again and can actually get it and his fastball over the plate, or at least close enough to make the opposing batters take a cut at it. Nice to see.

Lahairs trade value today is no different than it was back in may. He's the same player now that he was then. A strike out prone power hitter who is suspect against lefties. Do you really think mlb gms would give away the farm because he was off to a fast start? All due respect, if YOU realize what Lahair is and isn't don't you think guys who get paid a lot of money to recognize talent would also?
LaHair made the All-Star team. Quick, trade him when he has value! :)

Cubs' Castro, LaHair selected as All-Stars - chicagotribune.com

LaHair made the All-Star team. Quick, trade him when he has value! :) Cubs' Castro, LaHair selected as All-Stars - chicagotribune.com

and on the announcement show they questioned whether he should be on the team.

LaHair made the All-Star team. Quick, trade him when he has value! :) Cubs' Castro, LaHair selected as All-Stars - chicagotribune.com

Yea.. cause his numbers suck....

first base in the NL has less depth than anytime i can remember. outside of votto there aint much else.

pooholes, fielder, and gonzales have left for the AL.

they said he started off as la"hot" and is more la"not" right now. not trying to knock the cubs but they shouldnt have more than 1 guy in the all star game. the nl is weak at 1b right now...i wont deny that. but be honest and with that record they obviously dont have all stars...all stars equal wins. lahair deserved it early but you cant honestly believe he is still carrying the cubs on his own...for awhile he was...he has slowed down.

they said he started off as la"hot" and is more la"not" right now. not trying to knock the cubs but they shouldnt have more than 1 guy in the all star game. the nl is weak at 1b right now...i wont deny that. but be honest and with that record they obviously dont have all stars...all stars equal wins. lahair deserved it early but you cant honestly believe he is still carrying the cubs on his own...for awhile he was...he has slowed down.

Adam Dunn

Latest posts