**OFFICIAL CUBS REGULAR SEASON THREAD**

Great trades with Z and Marshall. I know Z needed to go but there had to have been someone else we could have got besides Volstad.

Great trades with Z and Marshall. I know Z needed to go but there had to have been someone else we could have got besides Volstad.

Agree with the sarcasm regarding Marshall. Zambrano had to go, I didn't care what we got for him.

But Marshall would be the backbone of the bullpen. He's a reliever who can give you 2-3 innings of lockdown pitching, something this team desperately needs. Right now, Russell is the only dependable guy out of the pen.

Hold the phone on the Marshall deal until we see if Travis Wood pans out. I expect to see him starting in place of Volstad on the next go around. They also got this young infield prospect, Ronald Torreyes. He is not tearing it up yet at Daytona but he was hitting really well in the low minors for the Reds. It appears he has a decent glove at second base.

Agree with the sarcasm regarding Marshall. Zambrano had to go, I didn't care what we got for him.

But Marshall would be the backbone of the bullpen. He's a reliever who can give you 2-3 innings of lockdown pitching, something this team desperately needs. Right now, Russell is the only dependable guy out of the pen.

Marshal was two years away from getting big cash. The Cubs are two years away from winning. Moving him while his value was at it's peak was smart. Yes the Cubs might have 1-2 more wins at this point in the year if they had him but that doesn't change anything.

Besides, Russle is the new Marshall.

Adios Kerry Wood. I guess we should have taken the hint when he threw his hat and glove into the stands after his last outing. Enjoy your 50 year retirement!

Adios Kerry Wood. I guess we should have taken the hint when he threw his hat and glove into the stands after his last outing. Enjoy your 50 year retirement!
Someone (sorry, forgot who) mentioned it was like a wrestler leaving his shoes on the mat. I thought it was an apt comparison to how Wood felt at that moment.

Latest posts