**OFFICIAL CUBS REGULAR SEASON THREAD**

Smarmy's faceball on Konerko needed to be responded to...with no malice, Humber did the right thing...nothing personal,just business.

Smarmy has a habit of hitting batters who take him deep earlier in the game...see Jayson Heyward of the Braves earlier this year. Time for him to realize that the other team has the ball also,and his cleanup hitter could be at risk also.

Good to see Smarmy take the loss....he earned it.

Hill????? I'm seriously getting sick of this organization. Hell, I think Kevin Orie is still available. What the Hell do we have to lose by letting Blake catch?

George Mitterwald was not available ...

GeorgeMitterwald.jpg

I was at a bachelor party last night and just caught a glimps at the score in the 9th. So what the hell happened? Wasn't Demp pitching?

Demp pitch to an American league team. It's fair for the inter league battles think they said the sox have beaten the slobs 15 out of 18

The wind is blowing out today, but the Cubs can't even hit the ball past the pitcher's mound against Peavy. Weak.

The wind is blowing out today, but the Cubs can't even hit the ball past the pitcher's mound against Peavy. Weak.

Peavy is tough to get under the ball and drive. if you get under you'll likely just pop it up or if you get good contact will get a lot of grounders.

Sox finally showing some signs of life. Hope it is not just catching the Cubs on a down weekend. Sox offense has stunk til this week. Back to 21-21...Twins and Tribe coming to town..time to go.

Sox have had the best record in interleague play since 2006,and second best overall behind the Yanks since it started. Sox love the NL.

Sox finally showing some signs of life. Hope it is not just catching the Cubs on a down weekend. Sox offense has stunk til this week. Back to 21-21...Twins and Tribe coming to town..time to go.

Sox have had the best record in interleague play since 2006,and second best overall behind the Yanks since it started. Sox love the NL.
Playing 6 games vs the Cubs every year can't hurt. :)

After the Cubs moved Byrd it looked like things were getting better. The offense kind of waked up and they went on a steak of series wins. Now all of the sudden the offense has dried up and they have lost six in a row. I'm not sure what can be done to get these guys back on track. Maybe Rizzo can inject something into this offense when he arrives in June.

After the Cubs moved Byrd it looked like things were getting better. The offense kind of waked up and they went on a steak of series wins. Now all of the sudden the offense has dried up and they have lost six in a row. I'm not sure what can be done to get these guys back on track. Maybe Rizzo can inject something into this offense when he arrives in June.

Getting Rizzo up to the bigs is a good start on what this team needs - better players. This team simply is not very good. When the team was playing better ball, they may have been overachieving. LaHair was hitting like Babe Ruth and has come back to earth somewhat, injuries have piled up at the C position, etc. This team's margin of error was really slim even when they WERE playing decent. It's going to be a long year (or years) until Theo & Jed get some better talent on this team (IMO).

Getting Rizzo up to the bigs is a good start on what this team needs - better players. This team simply is not very good. When the team was playing better ball, they may have been overachieving. LaHair was hitting like Babe Ruth and has come back to earth somewhat, injuries have piled up at the C position, etc. This team's margin of error was really slim even when they WERE playing decent. It's going to be a long year (or years) until Theo & Jed get some better talent on this team (IMO).

It's been said before, everybody knew this year was going to be a brutal season. I was just hoping they would at least stay somewhat competitive or at least watchable until the All-Star break. Up until early last week they looked decent but recently LaHair and Castro look like ****. I'm hoping Sori can get going a little bit and maybe, just maybe he can improve his stock enough so that some suitors will coming looking for him in the next few weeks.

LaHair coming down to earth does not surprise me as pitchers are starting to realize they would rather pitch to Soriano than to LaHair. In LaHairs last at bat yesterday once Campana took second base they might as well put up 4 fingers and intentionally walked him as he did not see a hittable pitch in that at bat.

Smarmy's faceball on Konerko needed to be responded to...with no malice, Humber did the right thing...nothing personal,just business.

Smarmy has a habit of hitting batters who take him deep earlier in the game...see Jayson Heyward of the Braves earlier this year. Time for him to realize that the other team has the ball also,and his cleanup hitter could be at risk also.

Good to see Smarmy take the loss....he earned it.
Note ... from the link above about Rizzo ...

Paul Konerko said he spoke to Jeff Samardzija on Saturday and there were no hard feelings about the pitch that hit Konerko in the face. Konerko said it was not intentional.

Latest posts