**OFFICIAL CUBS REGULAR SEASON THREAD**

Nice win over the Cardinals tonight. Kept battling and came out on top. But does any team leave the bases loaded as much as the Cubs?

I have been impressed with Sveum so far but he made some bonehead moves tonight that left me shaking my head. The Cubs got lucky and squeezed one out against our rival but how many times you going to give the other team outs by bunting? Bunting with Castro was really confusing, the announcers were all over it and rightfully so. We have to be the only team in baseball to bunt with our #3 hitter. Soriano bailed the Cubs out by coming through but you gotta have confidence in one of the best hitters in your lineup.

Rizzo hit #12 last night for the ICubs and is still hitting .348 with 35 ribbies. I cannot wait to see him at 1st and LaHair in left. Having 2 left handed power hitters in the middle of the lineup will be nice.

It might be a while before we see Brett Jackson. He is still struggling at the plate only hitting .233 and has 46 strikeouts already.

Rizzo hit #12 last night for the ICubs and is still hitting .348 with 35 ribbies. I cannot wait to see him at 1st and LaHair in left. Having 2 left handed power hitters in the middle of the lineup will be nice.

It might be a while before we see Brett Jackson. He is still struggling at the plate only hitting .233 and has 46 strikeouts already.

The good thing is that the outfield looks alright without Jackson, especially if/when Rizzo moves up and LaHair goes to left. We're able to give him plenty of time to work things out. I just don't want to see him get rushed like Patterson did (still believe he would have been a perennial all-star if we hadn't rushed him through the minors).

The good thing is that the outfield looks alright without Jackson, especially if/when Rizzo moves up and LaHair goes to left. We're able to give him plenty of time to work things out. I just don't want to see him get rushed like Patterson did (still believe he would have been a perennial all-star if we hadn't rushed him through the minors).

Jackson should spend all season in AAA, and possibly part of next season. I like what Campana brings to the table and we need to see if he can develop as well. LaHair to the outfield will be tough if they can't deal Soriano because both will still need to get their reps. It will be interesting to see how this plays out.

I just don't want to see him get rushed like Patterson did (still believe he would have been a perennial all-star if we hadn't rushed him through the minors).

He was on his way in 2003. Before he tore his knee up he was hitting .298 with 13 HR, 55 RBI and had 16 steals in 83 games that year. He has not been the same player since.

He was on his way in 2003. Before he tore his knee up he was hitting .298 with 13 HR, 55 RBI and had 16 steals in 83 games that year. He has not been the same player since.

Real shame, too. He's still one of my favorite players, has been ever since I first saw him play in Des Moines when I was about 10 years old.

Real shame, too. He's still one of my favorite players, has been ever since I first saw him play in Des Moines when I was about 10 years old.

Me too. I was 15 when the Cubs drafted him and remember reading about him in a program when we were at a game at Wrigley a couple months after the draft.

i have a huge problem with the move. not sure what good it was going to do. the TV guys nailed it.

Castro is more of a ground ball hitter than Soriano. It's not a horrible move. I can understand both sides of it. But if Castro hustles to first base Lahair still bats.

no problem with svuems move. problem was starlins execution not the call.

Well I was not at all impressed with the way he ran to first base and he should have forced the 3rd baseman to field the ball.

But Castro has been the biggest run producer in the lineup and leads the team in RBIs. You are taking the bat out of the hands of your best hitter and relying on Soriano to come through. It was obvious they were going to walk LaHair and Soriano had been hitless against Boggs. So which hitter do you want up with runners in scoring position, Soriano or Castro?

Berkman had charged hard on the previous pitch, I badly wanted to see Castro pull the bat back and make Berkman eat it.

Castro is more of a ground ball hitter than Soriano. It's not a horrible move. I can understand both sides of it. But if Castro hustles to first base Lahair still bats.

At least Castro hits the ball. Soriano had struck out 7 of the previous 9 times against Boggs.

i have a huge problem with the move. not sure what good it was going to do. the TV guys nailed it.

Then they darn near bunt into a double play again in the 9th. If the Cubs are going to bunt so much, then they better learn how to execute.

The announcers explained why they thought it was a bad move bunting with Castro in the 8th, and I fully agreed with them. That said, this team doesn't have a big offense so will have to be able to play a little small ball.

Molina is one of those guys you hate but respect because he's so clutch and he's such a great defensive catcher. Bad situational hitting kills the cubbies again today...

Latest posts