**OFFICIAL CUBS REGULAR SEASON THREAD**

Can Lahair play anywhere else besides 1st base? Where is Soriano going, To the bench? What the hell happened to Soto?

Yeah, if you look my lineup has him in left. Ideally the Cubs want to trade Soriano, although that is a tough sell when he is not hitting. If he stays I think he ends up platooning. I could care less how much he is making he is not going to be part of the long term solution so they should not hesitate benching him.

Can't see them trading Soriano unless they offer to pay the lion's share of his salary. As far as Byrd goes, he is a player that I liked, but I would rather see my CF hit with more power and/or a higher BA or have some speed or excel at something. Byrd is just your all around average OF. I know that the beaning affected him negatively. Hopefully for him, a change of scenery can help him get his mojo back. He always came off as a pretty decent guy.

Can't see them trading Soriano unless they offer to pay the lion's share of his salary. As far as Byrd goes, he is a player that I liked, but I would rather see my CF hit with more power and/or a higher BA or have some speed or excel at something. Byrd is just your all around average OF. I know that the beaning affected him negatively. Hopefully for him, a change of scenery can help him get his mojo back. He always came off as a pretty decent guy.

I agree about Byrd, he has been a great clubhouse guy that had an unfortunate accident that has impacted his approach at the plate. But he is not part of the long term plan so getting anything for him is a bonus.

As far as Soriano, I mentioned earlier if I was the Cubs GM I would give him up to any team even willing to pay 5 of his 20 million per year. Put Campana in LF every day until Jackson can come up. But even 5 million may be to much to spend.

Campana to be in centerfield while Jackson gets more reps in CF. I expect to see Jackson up once the cubs won't lose control over him for this year.

Wells is backup from Iowa and starting today. Hopefully he will regain some of the skill he has shown in the past. He's shown he can be effective, but as is usual with guys who struggle, he isn't consistent from start to start.

Campana to be in centerfield while Jackson gets more reps in CF. I expect to see Jackson up once the cubs won't lose control over him for this year.
From the link below:

"He's still striking out a little bit too much. ... If he's striking out that much in Triple A, it's going to be that much more against big league pitching. The development part is big for everybody, and until you get those 500 at-bats in Triple A, it's something that (President Theo Epstein) and everybody in the organization wants to impress on (prospects) is you're going to stay and play and develop."

Chicago Cubs: Cubs won't rush prospects like Brett Jackson to the majors - chicagotribune.com

Wow, five total team HR's through 17 games. Talk about your power outage.

Wasted another good outing by Garza tonight. Their starting pitchers deserve better.

Latest posts