**OFFICIAL CUBS REGULAR SEASON THREAD**

He also helped Castro get a hit. The highlight of the game was when he faked stealing 2nd to pull that shortstop out of position that allowed Castro's hit to dribble right on by him.

Wood? Meh, what else is new?
I thought the highlight of the night was when Dejesus took off when there was a pitch in the dirt and got thrown out. Or, was it when LaHair took off for 2nd when Josh Johnson still had the ball and was thrown out. Good times! :)

Bologna! When the Cubs were good (I think they were, right?) you Cub fans rubbed it in the whole damn time!

:D

Guess that's why it's called a rivalry. :D

But really, I knew the Cubs wouldn't be good this year, but this is looking like a 100-loss team. Guess I was hoping they weren't quite that far away from being good.

Guess a few good roster moves can make a big difference though. IIRC, the Cubs lost nearly 100 games (or did they reach 100, too lazy to look it up) back in 2006, were back in the playoffs in 2007 (albeit in a weak division) and won 97 in 2008. This year is going to be a tire fire, though.

Bologna! When the Cubs were good (I think they were, right?) you Cub fans rubbed it in the whole damn time!

:D

But at least during those seasons the Cardinals were still competitive. This season is going to be bad for us, this should be punishment enough. The highlight of our season may be beating the Cardinals on their home opener, which is pathetic.

I thought the highlight of the night was when Dejesus took off when there was a pitch in the dirt and got thrown out. Or, was it when LaHair took off for 2nd when Josh Johnson still had the ball and was thrown out. Good times! :)

I actually like the Cubs running the bases aggressively, the catcher got a lucky bounce to throw out DeJesus. I argue the replays show his hand got on the bag before the tag but the umps view was blocked. But most of the time if you take off the moment you see the ball is going to hit the dirt you will easily be able to take the next base. Unfortunately that play cost the Cubs a run. But the Cubs are not going to be able to sit back and wait for the 3 run homer as in years past, they are going to have to manufacture runs.

I have no idea what the hell they were thinking running with LaHair, that was kinda funny.

I have a good friend who is a huge Cubs fan. We agreed yesterday that, up until his bachelor party on May 18th, we are going to bet the money line with whomever the Cubs are playing. It's something like: Reds, Cards, Phillies, Reds, Dodgers, Braves, Brewers, Phillies. Fool proof.

I dont follow High School and College baseball at all. Is there a clear cut player who is going to be the #1 pick next June (2013)? The Cubs have a great shot at landind the top overall selection in the draft.

This team is bad.

They pick 6th this season and likely sooner next year. That should be a great thing for the future. I don't think Rizzo and Jackson are going to give that huge of a boost, but if you get 5 or 6 young guns then you have something. I have high hopes for last years draft since they got some quality guys. Just need some young pitching to step up. Maybe sign Soler.

I came upon this article that grades the cubs prospects

Chicago Cubs Top 20 Prospects for 2012 - Minor League Ball

he doesn't see any superstars in the group but thinks Jackson and Rizzo are pretty good. I am personally excited to see what Lake and Baez can do. I think Baez would be a great fit at 3B and Lake at SS or 2B opposite of Castro. We will have to see as both are very young, but I like the potential. Don't like the fact that there aren't many pitchers on th elist. Hope that is something that can change soon.

Somebody on the team needs to step up and be a leader of men. There is too much youth on the team to not have a defined leader in the clubhouse. Without guidance and leadership, youthful talent is chaos. I like prospects but ultimately we need a player who will step up and lead these men.

I came upon this article that grades the cubs prospects Chicago Cubs Top 20 Prospects for 2012 - Minor League Ball he doesn't see any superstars in the group but thinks Jackson and Rizzo are pretty good. I am personally excited to see what Lake and Baez can do. I think Baez would be a great fit at 3B and Lake at SS or 2B opposite of Castro. We will have to see as both are very young, but I like the potential. Don't like the fact that there aren't many pitchers on th elist. Hope that is something that can change soon.

i dont see any superstars in that group or on their mlb team but they have some pieces if they develop them well. which i feel is the biggest question mark with the cubs is their development of players.

Somebody on the team needs to step up and be a leader of men. There is too much youth on the team to not have a defined leader in the clubhouse. Without guidance and leadership, youthful talent is chaos. I like prospects but ultimately we need a player who will step up and lead these men.

Outside of Starlin Castro (who can't throw the ball) and a few pitchers the Cubs have little youth, and even less talent. What they have is veteran and youthful non talent, which is why they are 3 and ******* 10.

Two years from now it is unlikely anyone other than Starlin, Smardgjzajajaza, and Russle are on this team.

Outside of Starlin Castro (who can't throw the ball) and a few pitchers the Cubs have little youth, and even less talent. What they have is veteran and youthful non talent, which is why they are 3 and ******* 10.

Two years from now it is unlikely anyone other than Starlin, Smardgjzajajaza, and Russle are on this team.

Garza maybe but I think he is likely trade bait. I could see the youngster Dolis maybe turning into a closer. other than that you're right. Clevenger maybe, but he's not an everyday guy right now. I don't see any outfielder being here in 2 years, and no infielder except Castro.

Lahair MIGHT still be around, provided he can find someplace to not suck on defense. In a perfect world Soriano starts hitting a bit and they find an american league to team to unload him on, LaHair moves to a corner spot, and they pull Rizzo up from Iowa sometime around the break.

Rizzo is knocking the cover off the ball in Des Moines and I look forward to his call up in June. I think LaHair winds up platooning with Soriano out in left.

If LaHair can continue to hit he will likely get traded. The "Cubs Way" doesn't have a need for slow outfielders and I don't think laHair can handle 3B.

If LaHair can continue to hit he will likely get traded. The "Cubs Way" doesn't have a need for slow outfielders and I don't think laHair can handle 3B.
How about CFs batting .075 (3 for 40)? Hope springs eternal! :)

byrd4162.jpg

How about CFs batting .075 (3 for 40)? Hope springs eternal! :)

byrd4162.jpg

There is no chance he is a cub next year. I'm not saying I don't like LaHair and wish they could find a spot for him, but I don't think that Theo and Co want to put that kind of player in the outfield. They like guys that are athletic and don't "limit the team defensively". That's why they signed DeJesus. I'm not saying LaHair would be bad in the outfield, but they want the Bret Jacksons and Sczur of the world, not the Carlos Lees. That's why I don't see laHair sticking in Chicago.

Latest posts