**OFFICIAL CUBS REGULAR SEASON THREAD**

pfffft, like any of us expected to win the series in St Louis. I think it is funny the Cubbies ruined your season opener. :D

Kinda tuff to get bragging rights over us this year as most Cub fans are already saying "wait'll next year".

pfffft, like any of us expected to win the series in St Louis. I think it is funny the Cubbies ruined your season opener. :D

Kinda tuff to get bragging rights over us this year as most Cub fans are already saying "wait'll next year".

Couldn't have said it better. O boy you card fans should be proud you beat probly one of the worst 5 talent teams in the MLB. 2 of 3 if this was 2007 or 2008 I would be dissapointed, this year not so much.

Couldn't have said it better. O boy you card fans should be proud you beat probly one of the worst 5 talent teams in the MLB. 2 of 3 if this was 2007 or 2008 I would be dissapointed, this year not so much.

Oh you Cub fans love to talk **** and then its the "well you SHOULD beat us" excuse. You lost.

I get to brag all I want. We are World Series Champions, you know. That, and we just took 2 of 3 from you losers. You say "wait till next year" every year. It's pointless. Start using "wait 5 more years" and then maybe I'll listen.

Oh you Cub fans love to talk **** and then its the "well you SHOULD beat us" excuse. You lost.

I get to brag all I want. We are World Series Champions, you know. That, and we just took 2 of 3 from you losers. You say "wait till next year" every year. It's pointless. Start using "wait 5 more years" and then maybe I'll listen.

The Cubs resembles more like a AAA team than a team that would be able to beat the World Series Champs on their home opener.

You do realize that there is a Cardinals thread you can post in? Go over there and congratulate yourselves on being masters of the universe.

Cardinals are a better team all the way around, but in the MLB you don't win every game, so who cares if the cubs got one. I'm disappointed in a lot of things with the cubs this year and most of it is consistency. the top 3 starters have been good, but Castro's D, wanted to see improvement in the mental aspects and thus far it hasn't been there, but hope that comes with time, and the offense is just atrocious.

Yeah but there is also this thread. And cub fans are fun to make fun of.
Making fun of us Cub fans is to really doing much. We are already full of self-loathing (being Cubs fans to begin with) that it really doesn't add much to the pain we already live with. Carry on. :)

Cubs_Fans.jpg

Quick question, why did LaHair have the "day off" yesterday? I understand Baker is a much better hitter against lefties but yesterdays starter was righthanded and right now Baker is not hitting much. He is one of the few legit power hitters the Cubs have.

Personally I would rather see LaHair starting against lefties as well. If the guy keeps hitting he would be trade bait for an AL team looking for a left handed power hitter.

Quick question, why did LaHair have the "day off" yesterday? I understand Baker is a much better hitter against lefties but yesterdays starter was righthanded and right now Baker is not hitting much. He is one of the few legit power hitters the Cubs have.

Personally I would rather see LaHair starting against lefties as well. If the guy keeps hitting he would be trade bait for an AL team looking for a left handed power hitter.
From the link below ...

Sveum rested four starters and inserted most of his bench players into the lineup against right-hander Jake Westbrook, using Joe Mather, Reed Johnson, Jeff Baker and Blake DeWitt.

"Westbrook's numbers against right-handers are far worse than they are against left-handers," he explained beforehand. "So it's kind of one of those days to get these guys some at-bats."

Career-wise, Westbrook's splits were very similar. But in 2011, right-handed hitters batted .316 off him, as opposed to a .260 average by left-handed hitters. Baker, Johnson, Mather and the left-handed hitting DeWitt were a combined 2-for-23 against right-handers entering the day.

Chicago Cubs lose 10-3 to St. Louis Cardinals - chicagotribune.com

Making fun of us Cub fans is to really doing much. We are already full of self-loathing (being Cubs fans to begin with) that it really doesn't add much to the pain we already live with. Carry on. :)

Cubs_Fans.jpg

Makes me feel better about myself, though. So there's that. :D:eek:

Thanks Woody, this season is pretty much a waste anyway. I wish they would use LaHair even against lefties. Let's see what he has got.

Thanks Woody, this season is pretty much a waste anyway. I wish they would use LaHair even against lefties. Let's see what he has got.
Agreed. We know who Jeff Baker, Reed Johnson, and Blake DeWitt are. :)

Sometimes, I think managers want to make sure the bench players are still invested in what is going on by starting them once in a while. With players like LaHair (and then the other youngsters like Rizzo and Jackson when they come up) and a team probably not contending, get them in there and let them play no matter the matchup.

If your best players are healthy you play them! Soto and Byrd are not our best players at their position. Clevenger is 7-11 on the season. Let him play and see what he can do. Bret Jackson is our best center fielder but yet he is in Des Moines. Makes no sense at all.

If your best players are healthy you play them! Soto and Byrd are not our best players at their position. Clevenger is 7-11 on the season. Let him play and see what he can do. Bret Jackson is our best center fielder but yet he is in Des Moines. Makes no sense at all.

I think Soto calls a better game than Clevenger, but I agree he should see some more time. I believe Soto is playing to try to boost trade value. I don't see him as the cubs catcher of the future, I think it is Clevenger and Castillo (who is in des moines to continue to develop).

The only reason that Jackson is in Iowa is that the cubs don't want to call him up to early and lose a year of control. That's it, the only reason.

Latest posts