**OFFICIAL CUBS REGULAR SEASON THREAD**

I think Soto calls a better game than Clevenger, but I agree he should see some more time. I believe Soto is playing to try to boost trade value. I don't see him as the cubs catcher of the future, I think it is Clevenger and Castillo (who is in des moines to continue to develop).

The only reason that Jackson is in Iowa is that the cubs don't want to call him up to early and lose a year of control. That's it, the only reason.

^ this, and I think the same can be said for Bryd.

Hopefully come August 1st the Cubs lineup will look completely different. I think there are only a handful of players on the roster today that fit into the long term plan.

Unfortunately Byrd isn't giving the cubs much in trade value, but I think he will be better than .048 soon. They missed the opp for early season trade with the braves. I don't see a lot of the guys on the roster being there next year, and especially in 2 years when some of the younger guys from the draft hopefully develop.

Makes me feel better about myself, though. So there's that. :D:eek:

You are... here. I'm sure you need all the help you can get.

fatnerdcomputer.jpg

This is getting ugly, the only reason why I even watch is to see if any of the new Cubs get a hit. June cannot come fast enough as I am anxious to see some of the younger players and am tired of watching Byrd, Soriano, and Soto.

I was hoping Soto would have a better season so he could get traded. He still might, who knows, but Clevenger has looked good thus far (only 4 games though) but I'd like to see him get 2 of 5 instead of 1 of 5 maybe. Byrd looks horrible, never the same after pitch to face.

Latest posts