Official 2018 Chicago Cubs Thread!

However, I think I am tired of Russell. When the Cubs landed him I was very excited, thought we got a steal. It seems like his talent just hasn't materialized though. He's a career not even .250 hitter and he makes far too many boneheaded mistakes at shortstop. If he hasn't figured it out by now I don't know if he ever will.

However, I think I am tired of Russell. When the Cubs landed him I was very excited, thought we got a steal. It seems like his talent just hasn't materialized though. He's a career not even .250 hitter and he makes far too many boneheaded mistakes at shortstop. If he hasn't figured it out by now I don't know if he ever will.
I keep thinking the Cubs are going to trade Russell at the break. I really like the kid but he's had a lot of chances. With that said he has gotten better but I'd like to see him traded. The Professor has had a bad year but I think he deserves a chance to turn it around and I think he will. If we just had some timely hitting for a change would help out a lot. Maples and Ferral are pitching pretty good.

I'm with you. Refer to post 95 of this thread. Baez is a better shortstop than Russell. Addison should be platooning at second base with Happ or Zobrist. There's an expendable between Happ, Russell, Schwarber, Baez and Almora. Five playing four positions. There's a potential deal for a starting pitcher there. (DeGrom?) Addison did have a nice game yesterday including a home run and has come up big in the clutch in the past and that may have overinflated is perception a bit. He also seems prone to nagging injuries and of course questionable off the field judgement. He's still young enough to outgrow both issues and that's what seems to keep management hoping and waiting.

Left the country and the Cubs go on a 6 game streak. Maybe I should return to where I came from!

Darn Reds are a thorn in our side lately!

Left the country and the Cubs go on a 6 game streak. Maybe I should return to where I came from!

Darn Reds are a thorn in our side lately!
Maybe they should keep Bryant on the shelf a little longer:p

Mark my words. There will come a time in August or September when we will need Bryant's bat at it's best. And he will deliver some key hits.

Maybe they should keep Bryant on the shelf a little longer:p

Mark my words. There will come a time in August or September when we will need Bryant's bat at it's best. And he will deliver some key hits.

Absolutely, he is too good of player and too mentally tough not to come up big. We forget he got beaned in the head earlier too this year which is hard to recover from mentally. Even though his power is down he is still very productive and getting on base, also our best baserunner IMO with Javy right up there too. We've been without Edwards, Morrow, Bryant and Heyward at different times this season. And of course the big blow we've gotten nothing from Darvish who was supposed to be the Ace. So I feel pretty good about where we are considering those factors.

Wonder if Joe has thought about replacing Chatwood with Rosario? Chatwood is just a plain bust for this year and I don't see what it would hurt to try. Huge come back win today. Finally stumbled across the finish line ahead of those pesky Reds!

Chatwood needs to be DFA'd. He's been garbage the entire season. Hendricks has been really disappointing. Russell is hitting .280 which would be the best average of his career. Send Russell and Happ to Baltimore for Machado.

Lots of unrest under the arch. Front office publicly calling out Dexter Fowler for not hustling. Relief pitcher has his undies in a bundle over something. Now Matheny loses his gig.

Whoever gets that position has their work cut out for them. St Louis has been passed by Chicago and Milwaukee. And the front office and fans think that owning the division is an entitled right of passage. The Cardinal Way. Well right now the Cardinal Way is a .500 team spinning it's wheels in the mud. And they're also going to have to replace their future hall of fame leader behind the plate pretty soon. And guess who comes to Chicago for a five game series as soon as the All Star break is over.

They also fired their hitting coach and assistant hitting coach. I've waited along time for this and it's wonderful! Isn't the catcher that's going to take Molinas place hurt?

Thought Card fans would miss Matheny since he is "old school" "Cardinal Way" kind of guy but most friends I talk to don't think he is a good manager. Funny stuff though!

Cubs end the 1st half with the best record in the league, despite getting nothing from Darvish, Hendricks being off his game some, Bryant being on the DL, Rizzo starting slow and Edwards being on the DL. Not bad at all. We will need to solidify either one more dominant Pen arm or Starting Pitcher possibly though, as the playoffs is all about pitching usually.

Thought Card fans would miss Matheny since he is "old school" "Cardinal Way" kind of guy but most friends I talk to don't think he is a good manager. Funny stuff though!

Cubs end the 1st half with the best record in the league, despite getting nothing from Darvish, Hendricks being off his game some, Bryant being on the DL, Rizzo starting slow and Edwards being on the DL. Not bad at all. We will need to solidify either one more dominant Pen arm or Starting Pitcher possibly though, as the playoffs is all about pitching usually.

Playoff, Cubs-wise, isn't about "pitching: so much as it's about Maddon's often "curious" use of his pitchers. I gotta say, in game seven of 2016 series, I SERIOUSLY wondered WTH he was thinking when he tried to go three-plus with What's-His-Name...

Latest posts