Official 2018 Chicago Cubs Thread!

Damn! Did Rizzo reach the Dew Deck?

I've sat up there before. I once saw Carlos Zambrano launch four up there in batting practice.

But never saw it reached in a game.

And he hit one in a similar spot against Hader, only a few feet foul, but just as far.

I think he's seeing the ball pretty well right now.

Damn! Did Rizzo reach the Dew Deck?

I've sat up there before. I once saw Carlos Zambrano launch four up there in batting practice.

But never saw it reached in a game.

And he hit one in a similar spot against Hader, only a few feet foul, but just as far.

I think he's seeing the ball pretty well right now.
That was a BLAST! Both of those were incredible.

Our offense has been pretty marginal the last couple series, other than the 5 spot in the 11th 2 nights ago. We need to get it going. Just can't get the entire team hot at once. Baez and Bryant are slumping at the moment. Who would have though Heyward would be carrying us ha ha. Really need to get Schwarber raking.

Yet another game of numerous missed opportunities and dumb ass mistakes. Way too many men left on base, AGAIN. And why in the hell wasn't Morrow in there to try and lock down that save!?? Right when Justin Wilson finally builds his confidence back up and is pitching well, Joe throws him in there to fail. Great job, Joe, great job.

Yet another game of numerous missed opportunities and dumb ass mistakes. Way too many men left on base, AGAIN. And why in the hell wasn't Morrow in there to try and lock down that save!?? Right when Justin Wilson finally builds his confidence back up and is pitching well, Joe throws him in there to fail. Great job, Joe, great job.

Morrow's back tightened up on him. Not available tonight either.

Morrow's back tightened up on him. Not available tonight either.

Thanks. I had not heard that. Considering his injury history, good idea to not throw him out there. I guess Wilson would have been one of the best (and only) options to try and close it out, especially considering that he used to be a former closer, and was pretty good at it.

The last game against st. louis we left like 24 on base. Just don't have any clutch hitters. It would be scary to find out how times we've had bases loaded this year and haven't scored a run. Same thing with runners left on base. Just awful! Can't really blame the pitching staff because they've been pretty darn good. Can't ask them to be perfect all the time and let the offense off the hook. Today you can add another 25 left on base.

Thanks. I had not heard that. Considering his injury history, good idea to not throw him out there. I guess Wilson would have been one of the best (and only) options to try and close it out, especially considering that he used to be a former closer, and was pretty good at it.

We can all enjoy how the Cardinals lost last night ...

I need to stop watching this Cubs team for awhile. It's getting to the point you know what they are going to do at the plate. I've never been able to do that before until this year. It's just awful! I know Joe likes to shuffle people around continuously until after the break and then goes about his coaching a lot different but good grief...…….all those strike outs are just ridiculous! It's just to hard on a person to watch them get a called third strike with runners on base. They sure do play the game a lot different now days. Just don't show any fight at the plate.

Didn't have to look at the calendar to know it was late June. Maddon's Cub teams have struggled in this stretch. Every one of them. His heavy bullpen use comes back to bite him and we always look tired and lethargic. Then they go on a tear after the All Star break.

Giving Farrell a spot start and seemingly going with a six man rotation? OK, we'll see how the starters do the next turn through.
Maddon likes to use the break to rejuvenate his team but even there he may have his work cut out for him this year. We are stuck in San Diego this year the weekend before the break, on of the last teams still playing. And we will be one of the first teams back, playing Thursday against St Louis.

Latest posts