Official 2018 Chicago Cubs Thread!

Bote is a great story. Who saw this coming? Just kept on working and persevering. Great teammate, anyone else notice how when he gets interviewed he always is talking about his teammates previous at bats leading up to his moment and how great the clubhouse guys are etc.? You can tell he just appreciates the opportunity and he dang well is making the most of it. There is no way the Cubs can send him down at this point even if Bryant would come back before the rosters expand in September. He plays Gold Glove defense at 3B, is hitting rockets all over, consistently gets himself in hitters counts and oh yeah...has a niche for being clutch in the spotlight. I think Happ has to be the odd man out at this point.
I think our best lineup if I had to win a game right now might be:
Bryant LF, Almora CF, Heyward RF, Bote 3B, Javy SS, Zobrist 2B, Riz 1b and Contreras C. Could insert Russell for Defense but right now he still isn't hitting a lick.

Our rotation is the biggest concern though, time for them to step up. Great job by Hamels last night matching Scherzer all night long and keeping us in it. Scherzer was absolutely filthy.

And don't forget the bases loaded walk he had in one of the Cardinals games for another walk off.

This is just what the doctor ordered until Bryant comes back.

And yes great job by Cole Hamels in a small sample size. What a much needed boost he has been.

And don't forget the bases loaded walk he had in one of the Cardinals games for another walk off.

This is just what the doctor ordered until Bryant comes back.

And yes great job by Cole Hamels in a small sample size. What a much needed boost he has been.
Cole Hamels only gave up 1 hit while Scherzer gave up 3. Was a great pitching dual.

Huge Series starting today vs. the Brewers. Need to take 2 of 3. Look out though, those dirty birds are lurking.

Cubs deserve to miss the playoffs with this kind of pitching.

Spliff man, you gotta lighten up! I mean the Cubs just have the best record in the NL and that is being without their best position player in KB, a key starting pitcher in Darvish, and their closer as well. I'd say it is a minor miracle that the cubs aren't 5-8 games worse than they are currently dealing with those issues.

Spliff man, you gotta lighten up! I mean the Cubs just have the best record in the NL and that is being without their best position player in KB, a key starting pitcher in Darvish, and their closer as well. I'd say it is a minor miracle that the cubs aren't 5-8 games worse than they are currently dealing with those issues.

That's true....I just despise watching the Cubs lose to teams they are battling the division for.

What's the excuse for the Cubs hitters?

What's the excuse for the Cubs hitters?

Am I missing some sarcasm here? You mean the Cubs hitters that leads the NL in runs per game? Only 3 teams in the AL score more runs per game than the cubs. Considering they have the advantage of having a DH, I'd say the Cubs hitters are getting the job done.

How would you like to be a Washington National fan right now?

Cincinnati still hasn't recovered from dumping Dusty, nor have they made the postseason since then.

Washington could suffer the same fate.

Cubs aren't scoring early and tacking on like fans are used to. They're having to use a lot of late inning heroics.

They are trying to focus on making more contact and playing more small ball so they aren't sitting ducks to the #1 and #2 starters they would see in the postseason. This plus the loss of Bryant makes the offense look more anemic.

The Addison Russell ship is developing a list and taking on water. He should be improving at this age, not regressing. Some people are already talking Bote at 2B and Baez at SS for 2019 and that would spell real trouble for Addison.

We could use a hot stretch from Willson Contreras right now similar to the one he had last year before he missed a month. He seems to be along for the ride right now.

Jon Lester has been a mystery for six weeks. I think Maddon toying with a six man rotation didn't help but it goes deeper than that. He could be either tipping his pitches or trying to pitch through an injury. Theo looks like a clairvoyant for signing Cole Hamels.

Going back to the 9-0 loss to KC they've led something like three out the last forty five innings. Not good. But they won two of those games. They're finding ways to win and are staying in first place.

The schedule seems to be favorable down the stretch. They play at the White Sox the second to last weekend of the season. I would like nothing more than for them to build a bigger lead and clinch the division on the Sox field. They will have to lead more than three out of forty five innings to do that.

Am I missing some sarcasm here? You mean the Cubs hitters that leads the NL in runs per game? Only 3 teams in the AL score more runs per game than the cubs. Considering they have the advantage of having a DH, I'd say the Cubs hitters are getting the job done.
No sarcasm deanvogs. The Cubs are hanging on by a thread and it's starting to unravel. They just can't keep depending on late game heroics to pull out wins. Way to many k's. I don't even want to know how many. The looking 3rd. call strike is just a glaring issue. As far as the run score per game I think that has been skewed from the early big run deficits. I don't think that pertains to the Cubs at this present time.

Latest posts