Official 2018 Chicago Cubs Thread!

bogeyman

Pitchers and Catchers are reporting. The Cubs just signed Yu Darvish to form one of the best Roations in all of baseball and I'm tired of winter. So thought it was time to officially move our Cubs thread over to the new 2018 model! Stoked for the season to start! Sure is nice knowing your team has a decent shot of winning it all every year, I can get used to this. I think Schwarber, Russell, Contreras and Baez all have nice seasons and we know Riz and Bryant will. It will all come down to how the bullpen throws as to how our season finishes!

Ok guys, what is this. Pitchers and Catchers report and we sign Darvish and you are all silent! Come on! We are one of the best teams in the league by far this year, time to get excited Baseball is almost here! :)

I'm still very curious what will happen w/Arrieta.....I'm psyched about this season. I believe we head back to the WS. Everyone has a good season and we stay healthy

So we don't have Lackey, Arrieta, Davis, Duensing and Rondon. Replaced with Chatwood. Seem to be missing some pitchers yet. Anybody have any answers to who the Cubs bring in.

So we don't have Lackey, Arrieta, Davis, Duensing and Rondon. Replaced with Chatwood. Seem to be missing some pitchers yet. Anybody have any answers to who the Cubs bring in.

Well they also brought in Darvish, Morrow, and Cishek. Duensing is back as well. Where have you been the last three months??

I think they upgraded the bullpen, just not really any big names out there other than Davis. But no way they were going to give him $17 million a year. The bullpen could still be a question mark, but I think come July if they need a piece or two there they will make a deal. I'm going to go ahead and say Russell is going to have a great year this year if healthy.
I agree with NEIC that where Arietta goes will be very intriguing and could be a thorn in our side later as many have predicted Washington or Milwaukee to land him. Just not much we could do about it, he and Boras just seem dead stuck on something and won't budge.

The first 10 are away. Lester to start then Hendricks, Darvish, Quintana and Chatwood. Seems weird not to see Jake A. in the rotation.

The first 10 are away. Lester to start then Hendricks, Darvish, Quintana and Chatwood. Seems weird not to see Jake A. in the rotation.

Still can't believe he hasn't signed yet. If there is a major injury to a contending team this spring I could see them snagging him. I just really hope he goes to the AL. I'm actually a little surprised Milwaukee or STL hasn't signed him just to try and get under the Cubs skin or something.

Still can't believe he hasn't signed yet. If there is a major injury to a contending team this spring I could see them snagging him. I just really hope he goes to the AL. I'm actually a little surprised Milwaukee or STL hasn't signed him just to try and get under the Cubs skin or something.
Maybe he'll do the Dexter Fowler late signing. One could only hope. I see Jason Motte is back with the cardinals.

Maybe he'll do the Dexter Fowler late signing. One could only hope. I see Jason Motte is back with the cardinals.

I keep thinking this same thing and wouldn't put it past Theo. Someone would have to move to the Pen though, most likely Chatwood if he was ok with it. Most likely we'll need a 6th starter anyway down the road.

I keep thinking this same thing and wouldn't put it past Theo. Someone would have to move to the Pen though, most likely Chatwood if he was ok with it. Most likely we'll need a 6th starter anyway down the road.
I'm sure they'd figure something out to have Jake in the rotation.

That's ok, just be sure to give Jake a huge hand when they visit. I wish the Cubs could've tendered his wish, but this year, it looks like we're set

Jake did everything he could have for the Cubs, also a very shrewd trade by Theo to get him when it looked like his career was over. He'll forever be a Cubs legend and a great competitor in my eyes. I'm glad he didn't go to the Nats or Brewers. I think the Phillies are still a year away but they are on the rise with good young talent.

Schwarber has had a great spring, will be a big boost to our lineup if he gets to where we all know he can. He actually didn't have a bad 2nd half last year at all, the 1st half was just brutal. But kudos to him for being mentally tough and also getting himself in great shape.

Latest posts