Official 2018 Chicago Cubs Thread!

Man the Cardinals Defense has been brutal this year... and I love it :D Come on boys, put it to them again today! We could essentially knock the Cards about out of it if we win say 6 of 8 vs them in the next week

Well, I will take three out of five. Especially when your clear cut ace gets shelled. And they didn't rely on the long ball. They played the kind of small ball that will generate consistent offense in October. In fact, the game they hit the most homers in was the game they got destroyed.

Going forward, we need six or seven innings out of our starters more often. We aren't going to have a bullpen at the end of the season if they have to keep covering twelve to fifteen outs. That in a sense is where we really miss Jake Arrietta. He could really eat those innings and had a decent stick at the plate, too.

The Cubs play straight through and don't get a day off until the 30th. Of course st. louis has Thursday off before our rematch with them. This has been a mess of a schedule this year. Farrell is starting today against the D-Backs.

Do the Cubs lead the majors in Grand Slams allowed? Jesus H Christ
Probably and they definitely lead the league in come from behind wins. Bote and Rizzo get the glory but the bullpen won that game. Four innings of shutdown relief pitching. Chavez, Wilson, Cischek, Butler all stand and take a bow. Timely defense didn't hurt either, saved several runs.

Well guys, just spinning our wheels a little right now seems like. We really could use a sweep of the Royals since we split with the Padres. The losses of Darvish, Bryant and Morrow right now seem to be looming a little larger than they had. We could really use one of them to get back soon. Going to be a dog fight until the end, Milwaukee made some nice trades and the Cards are playing better with good starting pitching. Our SP has not been very good lately.

The way we're playing now we'll be lucky to limp into the playoffs. Sure hope the pitching staff can get some things ironed out. Just my opinion but I think Bote plays a lot better third base than Bryant. Need to move Bryant somewhere else.

The way we're playing now we'll be lucky to limp into the playoffs. Sure hope the pitching staff can get some things ironed out. Just my opinion but I think Bote plays a lot better third base than Bryant. Need to move Bryant somewhere else.
Bote is a 26-27 year old career minor leaguer trying to make the most of what may be his one shot. He won't be hitting .310 anymore when he gets around the league a time or two but he had the huge HR vs Arizona and saved one of the Padre games with his glove. Bryant has shown he can play elsewhere but moving him off third when he comes back further jams up an already overloaded position player situation.

The three biggest concerns now are Jon Lester, Jon Lester, and Jon Lester, in that order. Six runs with Lester on the mound should seldom lose. We don't make postseason if he continues to pitch like this. It's no coincidence that his cold stretch coincides with our 9-9 record since the break. I was not happy when Theo didn't re-sign Jake Arrietta and certainly nothing has happened to change my feelings. A healthy Darvish for the last five weeks of the season would be a huge boost. He misses bats. And you need at least one pitcher in your postseason rotation capable of going out there and whiffing twelve or thirteen.

BOTE! BOTE! BOTE! :)

Hard not to like this guy, just killing it right now with A+ Defense. If Bryant were to come back, which it doesn't sound like he's close I think you have to seriously consider sending Happ down and keeping Bote up.
Just relax judzee, lot of games left and our division is tough with the Pirates playing well lately too. Shoot, even the Reds haven't been a pushover lately. It'll be a good ol fashioned pennant race. We just need to get fully healthy.

Hard not to like this guy, just killing it right now with A+ Defense. If Bryant were to come back, which it doesn't sound like he's close I think you have to seriously consider sending Happ down and keeping Bote up.
Just relax judzee, lot of games left and our division is tough with the Pirates playing well lately too. Shoot, even the Reds haven't been a pushover lately. It'll be a good ol fashioned pennant race. We just need to get fully healthy.
RELAX! I'm as nervous as can be! Inhale...……………….Exhale...………...

Are the Cubs really that stupid? Joe West never calls the bottom of the strike zone so we've got Cubs all bent over reaching for low balls. I sometimes wonder just what do these coaches do in between innings? By the way can somebody please tell me why Happ is still playing?

Another game, another potentially game saving play by Bote, albeit in the first inning. The kid has a high baseball IQ if nothing else. Today would be a good day to right the ship for Jon Lester. A win and we are guaranteed a three game cushion over the Brewers and guess who comes to town next week.

I watch the Brewers often in Wisconsin's Comcast channel. They really miss Zach Davies and Jimmy Nelson. It's catching up to them a bit. Didn't understand the Moustakas pickup. They already had Shaw to play third and Aguilar/Thames to play first. Knabel hasn't repeated his 2017 success and that has hurt them too. The Hader/Knabel punch shortened a lot of games for them last year. Giving up 20 to the dodgers didn't help, either. That can screw up your bullpen for a week and a half.

Latest posts