Nunge Garza Perfect Storm

Williams isn't good so I wouldn't play him. I'm hopeful Uhl doesn't play but with Fran's track record I think it's safe to say he will be in the rotation

I wish Williams's would bring it this year. His size and quickness could really be an advantage but I think he sometimes moves faster than his brain can process.

Dailey, Williams, Uhl and Kriener. That's assuming Garza and Nunge are better than Kriener. Let's face it's not like those 4 are all McDonald's All Americans that need minutes.

Yeah I don't know about this. Who is going to spell JBo? Obviously he can't play every minute of the season (although I'm sure you'd just LOVE to see that ;) ) so at least one of Dailey or Williams will have to play some spot minutes. Also, Kreiner showed flashes of being very effective last year as a true freshman so unless he's regressed in the offseason, I don't see how he falls out of the rotation altogether this year.

I wish Williams's would bring it this year. His size and quickness could really be an advantage but I think he sometimes moves faster than his brain can process.

Williams just isn't a point guard and he wasn't productive at all when he played. Uhl was better than Williams last year

Yeah I don't know about this. Who is going to spell JBo? Obviously he can't play every minute of the season (although I'm sure you'd just LOVE to see that ;) ) so at least one of Dailey or Williams will have to play some spot minutes. Also, Kreiner showed flashes of being very effective last year as a true freshman so unless he's regressed in the offseason, I don't see how he falls out of the rotation altogether this year.

I think Ellingson could play some spot minutes at point guard if needed. If Nunge and Garza are better than Kreiner there is no point playing him

I think Ellingson could play some spot minutes at point guard if needed. If Nunge and Garza are better than Kreiner there is no point playing him

Ellingson's ball handling is suspect at best so I don't see how that would be a better option than Williams or Dailey. I would love to see Nunge an Garza come in and immediately be better than Kreiner but that would be a long shot.

Ellingson's ball handling is suspect at best so I don't see how that would be a better option than Williams or Dailey. I would love to see Nunge an Garza come in and immediately be better than Kreiner but that would be a long shot.

What makes you think Williams and Dailey can handle the ball? Both are wings. Ellingson had the best turnover percentage on the team last year and Williams had the worst. Williams assist percentage was lower than his turnover percentage and that is not good

What makes you think Williams and Dailey can handle the ball? Both are wings. Ellingson had the best turnover percentage on the team last year and Williams had the worst. Williams assist percentage was lower than his turnover percentage and that is not good

Ellingson rarely handled the ball and when he did, it wasn't pretty. Can he bring the ball up the court? Yes, but that's about it. I personally would rather see Dailey fill in for JBo as Williams hasn't shown much to be optimistic about.

By the way, who told you Dailey was a wing? Are you simply going off his height? Has he ever played wing in a basketball game? I haven't seen it.

Ellingson rarely handled the ball and when he did, it wasn't pretty. Can he bring the ball up the court? Yes, but that's about it. I personally would rather see Dailey fill in for JBo as Williams hasn't shown much to be optimistic about.

Considering Williams played over Dailey last year as the backup point guard and showed he isn't good at it I am not optimistic about Dailey playing it

By the way, who told you Dailey was a wing? Are you simply going off his height? Has he ever played wing in a basketball game? I haven't seen it.

Just using common sense. He's 6'6" and no major schools wanted him so if he was a point guard schools would be all over him plus backup point guard was a glaring weakness last year and he still couldn't get minutes. I honestly don't know why anyone would expect Dailey to play this year at any spot, he's the obvious odd man out

I'm still holding out hope for Williams, but am much more cautious this year. Quite frankly he was not an effective player last year.

For note, Sapp's turnover % was higher than his assist % his sophomore and junior year.

Williams calling card is defense and at only 8-10 minutes a game spelling JBo, his offensive deficiencies can be hidden some. Now if he can improve his offense some, we will have a quality role player.

Considering Williams played over Dailey last year as the backup point guard and showed he isn't good at it I am not optimistic about Dailey playing it

Williams may have played over Dailey but he certainly didn't show anyone that he was better than him.

Just using common sense. He's 6'6" and no major schools wanted him so if he was a point guard schools would be all over him plus backup point guard was a glaring weakness last year and he still couldn't get minutes. I honestly don't know why anyone would expect Dailey to play this year at any spot, he's the obvious odd man out

Nothing about this statement explains why you think he is a wing.

I'm still holding out hope for Williams, but am much more cautious this year. Quite frankly he was not an effective player last year.

For note, Sapp's turnover % was higher than his assist % his sophomore and junior year.

Williams calling card is defense and at only 8-10 minutes a game spelling JBo, his offensive deficiencies can be hidden some. Now if he can improve his offense some, we will have a quality role player.

If Williams could just make free throws and finish at the rim on wide open fast breaks after he steals the ball he would be worth having out there for 10 minutes.

Williams may have played over Dailey but he certainly didn't show anyone that he was better than him.

If Williams wasn't better than him last year he wouldn't have played over him. Let's face it, when was the last time we got a Spring kid from high school that panned out? Unless you get a kid that is highly coveted in the Spring (Moore or Vital last year) you are probably just trying to get lucky on kids like Williams and Dailey.

If Williams wasn't better than him last year he wouldn't have played over him. Let's face it, when was the last time we got a Spring kid from high school that panned out? Unless you get a kid that is highly coveted in the Spring (Moore or Vital last year) you are probably just trying to get lucky on kids like Williams and Dailey.

He was a true freshman and Williams was supposed to be be the starting PG. I don't expect Dailey to come out of nowhere and be some stud PG that supplants JBo in the lineup. I just feel that he has more upside at PG than Williams (and Ellingson). If you actually watched the games last year, you would have noticed that he showed flashes of being halfway decent.

Latest posts