Nunge Garza Perfect Storm

I didn't bring up Sullivan, another poster did. Now I'm confused how someone went to high school with him and Ali

I brought it up to expose you. You are over compensating with the lack of Jake Sullivan knowledge. The play was to acknowledge who JS was and breakdown the differences between him and JoBo.

When you run an elaborate troll like this you have to think about things like this. Step your game up, bro.

I brought it up to expose you. You are over compensating with the lack of Jake Sullivan knowledge. The play was to acknowledge who JS was and breakdown the differences between him and JoBo.

When you run an elaborate troll like this you have to think about things like this. Step your game up, bro.

I do not know what you're talking about

No he didn't.

Tinsley, Sullivan, Stinson......That were the pg(s) from like 00-09.....Maybe Blaylock was the point and Stinson was the 2 I can't remember......I am pretty sure Sullivan followed Tinsley at the point.

C'mon dude, don't challenge me on my Cyclone knowledge.:)

I was deep down hoping Nunge would redshirt this year because Fran is still going to play all the guys that played last year and Kriener seems improved. Don't get me wrong I'm happy Nunge is looking the part like he has so far and it's a good problem to have but I really hope he cuts down the rotation and doesn't just play guys because they "deserve minutes".

I spoke with Fran a few weeks ago. He was not worried about the rotation and said it would work itself out and the guys that deserve the minutes will get them. Those hoping for an 8 or 9 man rotation are going to be disappointed.

Reactions: trj
I spoke with Fran a few weeks ago. He was not worried about the rotation and said it would work itself out and the guys that deserve the minutes will get them. Those hoping for an 8 or 9 man rotation are going to be disappointed.

That stinks

I think Fran should use all the tools at his disposal and keep players fresh for late game defense. They will get used to a deep rotation quickly. Some bench players will play more in some games than others just because of matchups. There is no magic number of players to use.

Why is that? My guess is this year your #1 troll is going to be about the rotation. I'm guessing you will be banging that drum early, often and hard.

I don't think you should play more than 9 guys unless you have a Kentucky type roster. Give the minutes to the best guys and don't be loyal to everyone when it just hurts the team in the long run. Why am I not surprised you want to play more than 9 guys

I don't think you should play more than 9 guys unless you have a Kentucky type roster. Give the minutes to the best guys and don't be loyal to everyone when it just hurts the team in the long run. Why am I not surprised you want to play more than 9 guys

I don't think it's that simple. It depends entirely on your style of play and the roster you have. If you play a slow em down, grid it out style like WI, a shorter bench likely suits you but a higher energy pressing defense that likes to score in transition lends itself to a longer bench. That of course assumes you have sufficient quality on your bench to allow that. That being said even teams that go deeper on the bench have usually 2 guys that play most of the game. I see Iowa as a faster tempo team with more team talent parity with 2 players a cut above. JBo and Cook will play 30+ minutes a night. The team is better with each of them on the floor, period. With any of the other guys, that is not necessarily true. If Moss is dialed in, he is right there. Baer is good for 20-25" a game. The team is better w him in the floor but only if he can play at his signature super max effort. He is the poster child for a long bench max effort rotation. The argument for a shorter bench has been that it helps in the end game. This team is different than FMs other teams. They have end game gamers, namely JBo. They have an end game floor general that will play the majority of the game. That's more important in those close games than a shorter bench IMO.

So I nailed it, that is gonna be your troll this year.

Tinsley, Sullivan, Stinson......That were the pg(s) from like 00-09.....Maybe Blaylock was the point and Stinson was the 2 I can't remember......I am pretty sure Sullivan followed Tinsley at the point.

C'mon dude, don't challenge me on my Cyclone knowledge.:)

Man, I thought he was way before Tinsley.

Man, I thought he was way before Tinsley.

You were originally correct. He played more 2 than he did the point. I went and looked at previous ISU rosters the front end he played with Tinsley and the backend of his career it was with Stinson/Blaylock.

There was one shitty year in the middle where he had to play a lot of point out of necessity.

My bad man, now you know that you have to go to 5656 for your Cyclone knowledge.:)

I don't think it's that simple. It depends entirely on your style of play and the roster you have. If you play a slow em down, grid it out style like WI, a shorter bench likely suits you but a higher energy pressing defense that likes to score in transition lends itself to a longer bench. That of course assumes you have sufficient quality on your bench to allow that. That being said even teams that go deeper on the bench have usually 2 guys that play most of the game. I see Iowa as a faster tempo team with more team talent parity with 2 players a cut above. JBo and Cook will play 30+ minutes a night. The team is better with each of them on the floor, period. With any of the other guys, that is not necessarily true. If Moss is dialed in, he is right there. Baer is good for 20-25" a game. The team is better w him in the floor but only if he can play at his signature super max effort. He is the poster child for a long bench max effort rotation. The argument for a shorter bench has been that it helps in the end game. This team is different than FMs other teams. They have end game gamers, namely JBo. They have an end game floor general that will play the majority of the game. That's more important in those close games than a shorter bench IMO.

There's a lot of teams that are better than us and play faster than us and don't play more than 8 or 9 guys

By me saying I wish we didn't play more than 9 guys that's a "troll"? How many guys do you want to play?

You bet it is. Didn't hear you saying that last year, but this year it is gonna be what you role with. You are really bad at trolling, I can call your next move before you make it.

You bet it is. Didn't hear you saying that last year, but this year it is gonna be what you role with. You are really bad at trolling, I can call your next move before you make it.

You've shown you know nothing about basketball so I'm not the least bit surprised you want every player on the roster to play instead of 8 or 9 like 99% of successful teams

You've shown you know nothing about basketball so I'm not the least bit surprised you want every player on the roster to play instead of 8 or 9 like 99% of successful teams
I'll trust Fran knows more than any of us regarding playing time for his bench.
It always cracks me up when the casual fan thinks they know more than the coach.

Latest posts