North Endzone Construction

One thing that I can't find..... will the scoreboard on the north end be up this year, or 2019 when construction is completely done? Anyone know?

You can really get an idea of what it's gonna look like now... Upper deck is pretty steep. Drunk injuries should increase a little.

readImage.asp
TK that is one creepy avatar, I hope that it is not a picture of you. If it is....nevermind, sorry.

I go by the construction just about every day. Very impressive; the state needs this company to start paving roads, we'd have all new interstates north and south by the end of the summer.
The most bottom feeding bidder gets the road jobs. That’s why we get hillbilly crews that are a quarter step above carnie workers and roads that take all summer to build and go to shit in two years.

You can really get an idea of what it's gonna look like now... Upper deck is pretty steep. Drunk injuries should increase a little.

readImage.asp

Will the tightness of the seating be improved? The average width of a season ticket holder is increasing!

I drove by there yesterday. I'm wondering how they're going to have enough done to safely allow butts in seats in that area this fall.

I've sat in the South end zone before, I know exactly what it's like. I just think it's going to look kind of weird now. What we need is a ariel view of just the stadium or a shot from the top of the hospital. Then we can see how it all gels.

Are you really worried if the endzones look a little different? I dont think that is going to be too big of a deal if the stands are packed with cheering fans which equalizes the looks.

I go by the construction just about every day. Very impressive; the state needs this company to start paving roads, we'd have all new interstates north and south by the end of the summer.

Well we have no idea how many worker hours and shifts they are putting in. You can pave a lot of road when you completely shut it down to tear it up and then pave.

Well we have no idea how many worker hours and shifts they are putting in. You can pave a lot of road when you completely shut it down to tear it up and then pave.
The difference is taxpayer money vs non-taxpayer money.

Are you really worried if the endzones look a little different? I dont think that is going to be too big of a deal if the stands are packed with cheering fans which equalizes the looks.
They'll eventually do something similar in the south endzone and it'll match.

They'll eventually do something similar in the south endzone and it'll match.

I think it was you that said the south endzone is not that old and doesnt need to be updated yet. The south endzone is so nice compared to what it was.

I think it was you that said the south endzone is not that old and doesnt need to be updated yet. The south endzone is so nice compared to what it was.
I did say that. But they will still eventually redo it. It won’t take long for people to want the higher/closer seating and same accommodations on that end.

They had their shot and blew it. Way too flat and open...completely lost the intensity of the previous configuration.
That’s why I think within 10-15 years you’ll see plans to renovate the south end zone. I have to admit it will look pretty cheesy having a modern, steep and high stadium look on one end and the antiquated, Rose Bowl style seating on the other.

I have a positive view of the south endzone. I have my two season ticks there, so I guess I have a bias. I have had plenty of chances to move into the main stadium. I have limited experience sitting on the east side and just hated it. Packed in like sardines, no leg room, sun in your eyes, people in and out frequently. In the south endzone, I enjoy my aisle seats, 26 rows above the concourse. Lots of leg room, a bit wider on the seating, and good fans to interact with. The big scoreboard puts me in the shade early in the season with the very warm weather. Not a bad little perk.

I understand the concern that the slope is a negative in terms of crowd noise. However, remember that a lot of the seating is for students, and they can be very loud and boisterous (yeah, I know student attendance is a wild card). Also, we have the band, the dance team, the cheerleaders all in the area where the team comes in. I can tell you that the south end zone is pretty darn loud and the people around me are really good fans, into the game, knowledgeable, and really fired up. We also have the kids who are being recruited in that area, which is fun to observe. I do watch much of the game through binoculars, not because I cannot see clearly without them, but because I love to watch interior line play. Of course, when the teams are further toward the north end, the binocs really help with perspective.

Anyway, just thought I would share my thoughts.

Latest posts