North Endzone Construction

Went by the stadium yesterday and 1/2 of the NEZ is gone. Looks kind of eerie.

It would be funny if they found Jimmy Hoffa!

Hoffa1.jpg

Last edited:
Comes in Hawkeye colors. If you order now you could have it in time for the upcoming bowl game. o_O

https://www.leemarksfineart.com/artist/Lucinda_Devlin/works/172

Iowa’s idea of an electrifying offense. It’s called the North END zone for a reason. :D

*We could put one in the coaches booth and every time an audible is called and it’s a running play one lucky fan gets to flip the switch for two seconds. We could make a fund raiser out of it.

Last edited:
I've gone by it every day, it was amazing how fast they got it down. Perhaps they should keep going and expand it for added restrooms and concessions.

When I first saw that hashtag I thought maybe Kirk had read your posts and was saying, "Eff TK."

I thought to myself, "Now that's not very nice."

Curious about the comparison to the south endzone seating. I have been in that area for many years and really like it there. Could have moved into the main stadium, but would have to be on the east side looking into the sun. And, the south endzone has lots of leg room, which the main stadium really lacks. The seats are not as wide as I would like, but I am a pretty wide guy myself. As an old coach, I watch 95% of the game through binoculars, so the endzone seat doesn't interfere with my ability to watch the game. In fact, I rather enjoy the ability to watch the line play from that angle. Anyway, what will be different about the north endzone and the different pitch? Thanks.

Curious about the comparison to the south endzone seating. I have been in that area for many years and really like it there. Could have moved into the main stadium, but would have to be on the east side looking into the sun. And, the south endzone has lots of leg room, which the main stadium really lacks. The seats are not as wide as I would like, but I am a pretty wide guy myself. As an old coach, I watch 95% of the game through binoculars, so the endzone seat doesn't interfere with my ability to watch the game. In fact, I rather enjoy the ability to watch the line play from that angle. Anyway, what will be different about the north endzone and the different pitch? Thanks.

Seriously... have you looked at the South end zone and compared it to the North end zone project?

The South endzone was designed with a needlessly flat trajectory. At the time, the "reason" given was site lines and building codes.. Bull.... Sh**... as evidenced by the design of the North End zone....as well as the additions and upgrades to many other existing stadiums where they were able to snug things right up with the add ons and enhance the "bowl" and intensity" of the layout. (Illinois, Okie St, Mizzou...hell even Rutgers figured out a way to "bowl in" their shitty stadium)

CHA was the same way...the got mushy and compromised the original design. Now we have a milquetoast arena.