Morehouse Tweet

@lightning1 - I also think you are right - 2 NCAA wins in 7 years isn't good enough. But I also think that it's been 2 NCAA wins in the last 4 - if we don't get one next season I will be in the same camp as most of you are this year. I'm not trying to disrespect you guys because you want Fran gone. I don't accept this season, I expect it to either be the precursor to a giant step next year or his firing.

It is 1 down year when you look at the projection of his program.(excuse) Iowa hasn't had many years like this since his first, (too much bullshit subjective terms to take seriously) I don't expect many more of them.(Prepare to be disappointed) Lots of good coaches have them. Most of them don't string a bunch together. If Fran does I want him out. (he already has. I guess you don't count last season)Iowa has been mediocre under Fran. That doesn't mean I love it. Doesn't mean I accept it. (The fact that you defend keeping him on as head coach, speaks louder than your denials) I think Fran can and will succeed at Iowa. I liked his first cycle of recruits he got here when he dug us out, I think he can do that again but with better results. (I have to assume you don't know anything about basketball to come to this conclusion. Fran has NEVER been to a Sweet 16 in his entire head coaching history!)

I love how you guys need to say things like Gutless Gary... like, do you think that offends me? or someone else? (That's the only thing I call him. It's not for your benefit. As often as you defend him, I'm not surprised it bothers you. Nor am I surprised that you claim it doesn't bother you. You spend most of your time trying to convince yourself) Or what does that do for you? Do you think it upsets the readers? I'm not saying don't do it, I just am curious in the desired effect.

@lightning1 - I also think you are right - 2 NCAA wins in 7 years isn't good enough. But I also think that it's been 2 NCAA wins in the last 4 - if we don't get one next season I will be in the same camp as most of you are this year. I'm not trying to disrespect you guys because you want Fran gone. I don't accept this season, I expect it to either be the precursor to a giant step next year or his firing.
You don't want to count his first 2 seasons. You don't want to count this season. If you can get Fran to give his salary back for those seasons, I'll agree not to count them. Fair enough? He can donate them to the children's hospital. Let me know what he says about that. I can't wait.

Any coach that doesn't care enough about the details, to coach both ends of the floor, won't ever win a BIG title. It's not going to happen.
For those of you that still can't grasp this, you should have paid attention when Tom Izzo slammed the door in Fran's face the other night.

@lightning1 you don't bother me at all dude. Not one bit. You calling him gutless doesn't bother me at all either. I think it's funny. I think you and your passive aggressive posts are funny. It's all funny that you get this worked up over a sport you have dick to do with.

I like when you say things like "It speaks louder then your denials"...haha get real buddy

I wanted a change too. A change for the better. Not a change for the same shit results. You must enjoy the taste of shit because that's all Gutless Gary is selling and you champion the taste.

Geez, you and Hawk90 would get along well.

One and the same, if you ask me.

You don't want to count his first 2 seasons. You don't want to count this season. If you can get Fran to give his salary back for those seasons, I'll agree not to count them. Fair enough? He can donate them to the children's hospital. Let me know what he says about that. I can't wait.

I count em all. I didn't say don't count em

I count em all. I didn't say don't count em
I said "2 NCAA wins in 7 years". You came back with "it's really 2 in the last 4". If you were not trying to ignore his record, why the correction? Why omit this season? I realize there is a .00001 chance that we could run the table in the BIG tournament and get an NCAA bid.....but...there isn't enough dope in the state of Colorado to make me believe it's possible.

I said "2 NCAA wins in 7 years". You came back with "it's really 2 in the last 4". If you were not trying to ignore his record, why the correction? Why omit this season? I realize there is a .00001 chance that we could run the table in the BIG tournament and get an NCAA bid.....but...there isn't enough dope in the state of Colorado to make me believe it's possible.

No, I couldn't smoke enough to think that either. I just mean, he's had 2 NCAA wins in the last 4. I still count all 7 - I still count this season. Count em all. 2 in 7 isn't good enough. Period. But 2 in the last 4 is. I guess that doesn't probably make sense that I look at his more recent years then his early years. But I do. The last 2 haven't been good enough - and 2 in 5 definitely is a sign that I would want him gone. If that speaks volumes about me as a person as you suggest, you are straight up savage. I don't agree with you, but I am sure your character is fine and I am not gonna question it.

Geez, you and Hawk90 would get along well.

One and the same, if you ask me.
Lightening, he is trying to say that you and I are the only intelligent ones on this thread and sycophants like him and InGoodCo enjoy the Kool-Aid GarBar and Fran are serving.

Lightening, he is trying to say that you and I are the only intelligent ones on this thread and sycophants like him and InGoodCo enjoy the Kool-Aid GarBar and Fran are serving.

I think lightning1 is intelligent - he often has very good takes even tho I would definitely label him as a pessimistic Iowa fan. BUT ... I will say this for him, what does he have to optimistic about? Not a lot. So, I can't blame him. But Lightning1 and me have gone 1000 rounds on here over the years. I kinda respect him for that. I don't enjoy anything about this season. It's been awful. You I don't really know - you just came in calling me a loser so my first reaction is ... "that's not nice... I wonder if this guy thinks I give a shit?"

I think lightning1 is intelligent - he often has very good takes even tho I would definitely label him as a pessimistic Iowa fan. BUT ... I will say this for him, what does he have to optimistic about? Not a lot. So, I can't blame him. But Lightning1 and me have gone 1000 rounds on here over the years. I kinda respect him for that. I don't enjoy anything about this season. It's been awful. You I don't really know - you just came in calling me a loser so my first reaction is ... "that's not nice... I wonder if this guy thinks I give a shit?"
I would suggest that you back off of the weed, it will improve your memory. We have argued before, on the football forum, there too, it got heated, you curled up into the fetal position then crawled off to your safe place.

Finish this sentence for me. One who accepts losing is a -----. Starts with L....ends with R.

Also - ask @tksirius or @Fryowa - I tend to get under people's skin some times on here. But I'm harmless and I honestly don't mean to get anyone that worked up. I just get bored at work and like to stir the pot some times. I get called a lot things. It's ok. I am not an expert on any thing, nor am I trying to sell anyone that. I am far from perfect. I don't know as much as you guys. I appreciate that any of you even take the time to argue with me.

No, I couldn't smoke enough to think that either. I just mean, he's had 2 NCAA wins in the last 4. I still count all 7 - I still count this season. Count em all. 2 in 7 isn't good enough. Period. But 2 in the last 4 is. I guess that doesn't probably make sense that I look at his more recent years then his early years. But I do. The last 2 haven't been good enough - and 2 in 5 definitely is a sign that I would want him gone. If that speaks volumes about me as a person as you suggest, you are straight up savage. I don't agree with you, but I am sure your character is fine and I am not gonna question it.
It's actually 2 in 8, if we count this season.

I would suggest that you back off of the weed, it will improve your memory. We have argued before, on the football forum, there too, it got heated, you curled up into the fetal position then crawled off to your safe place.

Oh I bet I did... and I'm sure you schooled me so hard that I went to the corner and cried for days. You're TOTALLY getting the best of me here again. Congrats, you're parents must be so proud!

Also - ask @tksirius or @Fryowa - I tend to get under people's skin some times on here. But I'm harmless and I honestly don't mean to get anyone that worked up. I just get bored at work and like to stir the pot some times. I get called a lot things. It's ok. I am not an expert on any thing, nor am I trying to sell anyone that. I am far from perfect. I don't know as much as you guys. I appreciate that any of you even take the time to argue with me.
Don’t explain yourself to him, use your wit and kick him in the balls. That’s what this board is all about.

sorry man - I thought it would spur good discussion. I feel like it has. Greg Gard took a Cadillac and drove into a ditch. I think he's at an absolute recruiting disadvantage now. Just like Fran would have been with out an extension with his 19 and 20 classes and having the talent that appears the state has. It's my opinion dude. I can have it. You can have yours. You make some good points. Please don't get upset with me over it. You can think I'm crazy and I aint going anywhere and you are welcome to rub my nose in it when your prediction for the program rings true.
No need to be sorry. My point is just if Fran turns this thing around (which I hope he does), that doesn’t prove that Barta was right with this particular contract.

The point about Gard, has nothing to do with him as a coach. It’s showing that a competent Athletic Director doesn’t see the need to extend a coach for recruiting. Second name I thought of was Chris Mack at Xavier, he too is only on contract through 2022. Jon Belien looks like he’s only on through 2021. How will they ever compete on the recruiting trail?

My prediction for the program isn’t nearly as gloomy as some, but that doesn’t mean I think this was a good contract, or that it was about recruiting. I admire your optimism I really do, but it just really seems like you are searching for things that aren’t there.

Latest posts