Morehouse Tweet

I also like that @tksirius is going around and liking any one who replies with an alternate line of thinking to anything I post ... Frankly - I think it's funny and well played.

Fran could have 5 NBA caliper players and he would still use a 12 man rotation, allow 15 pt runs without a timeout, yank a hot shooter when they are on a streak and be at the top of the B1G for turnovers. Yes by all means, let him stay and recruit some more players for the next coach. I enjoy an empty CHA and poor basketball, I can wait for Barta's replacement to fire him.

Then I feel sorry for you, supporting a shitty coach, fans like you deserve what you get, shitty teams.

Know what, if Fran flames out again next year then I'm fine with Iowa going a different direction. I still think next year is going to be quite different.

You can sink to the abyss of negativity and depression for all I care. I'm not though.

Fran could have 5 NBA caliper players and he would still use a 12 man rotation, allow 15 pt runs without a timeout, yank a hot shooter when they are on a streak and be at the top of the B1G for turnovers. Yes by all means, let him stay and recruit some more players for the next coach. I enjoy an empty CHA and poor basketball, I can wait for Barta's replacement to fire him.

Why do you still watch then?

sorry man - I thought it would spur good discussion. I feel like it has. Greg Gard took a Cadillac and drove into a ditch. I think he's at an absolute recruiting disadvantage now. Just like Fran would have been with out an extension with his 19 and 20 classes and having the talent that appears the state has. It's my opinion dude. I can have it. You can have yours. You make some good points. Please don't get upset with me over it. You can think I'm crazy and I aint going anywhere and you are welcome to rub my nose in it when your prediction for the program rings true.

One thing about Wisconsin worth noting is that Sam Dekkar, Bronson Koenig were both highly ranked Wisconsin natives and Bo Ryan was able to keep them in state. Since those guys, Ryan and Gard haven't been able to lock their own state down. Looney went to UCLA, Ellenson went to Marquette, Diamond Stone went to Maryland, Tyler Herro went to Kentucky, and Joey Hauser just signed with marquette. For whatever reason, after all the success they've had, the Badgers can't keep their own talent home.

Know what, if Fran flames out again next year then I'm fine with Iowa going a different direction. I still think next year is going to be quite different.

You can sink to the abyss of negativity and depression for all I care. I'm not though.
Like I alluded to earlier, my "abyss of negativity" didn't start this year. I can handle a down year. Prior to this year, it was three years of his teams choking that led to my negativity. He is not a good game coach, period.

Like I alluded to earlier, my "abyss of negativity" didn't start this year. I can handle a down year. Prior to this year, it was three years of his teams choking that led to my negativity. He is not a good game coach, period.

Fair enough.

This. The extension is not nearly egregious as the buyout — Although there is a hand-in-hand correlation.

IF there were numerous chances for Fran to move on then the $1 million payment to Iowa is ridiculously low while Iowa has to pay a ridiculous amount for Fran failing.

IF Fran ends up with those players on the floor then he’s not leaving anyway or getting fired.

I don’t know DD, are you old enough to remember George Raveling? Best recruiter Iowa ever had in my lifetime.

the last 4 seasons Fran has produced the B1G's

#1 leading scorer
#2 leading scorer
#7 leading scorer
and the # 4 leading scorer.

he just get's in their way though by yanking em

and Fran's teams haven't been at the top of the B1G for turnovers since his first few seasons, and he won't be at the top again this year... dang it!

His rotation IS too big tho - we agree on that. But he always shortens it up - it's really been 8 or 9 most of the year with spot duty. You'd play everyone too if your main guys didn't hustle on defense.

I don’t know DD, are you old enough to remember George Raveling? Best recruiter Iowa ever had in my lifetime.
Yeah. And Raveling left saying, “Iowa is a nice place with 95% of the people being great people but it’s not ‘urban’ enough.”

What’s Fran going to say, ‘Iowa’s not Philly enough?’ He’s been here long enough to know that.

the last 4 seasons Fran has produced the B1G's

#1 leading scorer
#2 leading scorer
#7 leading scorer
and the # 4 leading scorer.

he just get's in their way though by yanking em

and Fran's teams haven't been at the top of the B1G for turnovers since his first few seasons, and he won't be at the top again this year... dang it!

His rotation IS too big tho - we agree on that. But he always shortens it up - it's really been 8 or 9 most of the year with spot duty. You'd play everyone too if your main guys didn't hustle on defense.
Watch next time Bohannon hits a couple threes in a row.....yanked!...... And his teams are always near the top in turn-overs.

This would be easier for me if everyone just agreed with @InGoodCo

giphy.gif

Latest posts