Morehouse Tweet

This would be easier for me if everyone just agreed with @InGoodCo

giphy.gif

Easier for me 2

Well, all other Iowa fans wanted a change. I guess they went with the numbers.
I wanted a change too. A change for the better. Not a change for the same shit results. You must enjoy the taste of shit because that's all Gutless Gary is selling and you champion the taste.

I like good results, so of course Bo Ryan and his final 4's would be awesome. Yet if I had my choice and either team would be a final 4 teams, I'd prefer to watch a team that scored in the 70's vs one that scored in the 50's.
Really? Ya think?

Watch next time Bohannon hits a couple threes in a row.....yanked!...... And his teams are always near the top in turn-overs.

Oh the guy averaging 32 minutes a game and 2nd leading scorer... when is a good time to sit him? The answer is never, but he's got to sit sometime. The guys logged 40 minutes games this year.

and they are not at ALWAYS at the top in turnovers. Unless we have different views of the word TOP - But Iowa plays fast tempo, teams that score like Iowa do tend to turn the ball over. But to the point, your statement is false.

2017-11th
2016-12th
2015 - 1st
2014 - 5th
2013 - 7th
2012 - 9th
2011 - 8th
2010-11th

assist to t/o rank

2017 - 5th
2016- 5th
2016 - 3rd
2014 - 6th
2013 - 4th
2012 - 4th
2011 - 6th
2010 - 11th

I wouldn't have this long of a leash with other coaches. I just see the upside with Fran and think there will be very good years after this. It is what I see. I don't expect others to see what I see and let them have their opinion. Look Fran has more positive then negative. The one huge negative is an issue I will admit. It's the lack of defense.

Every positive attribute is great such as recruiting top talent, the offense produces, passion for the game, seems to run the ship fine with team camaraderie. Ironically, he has not had a lot of players transfer out, IMO.

Just saying. Give him a chance to get a PG on roster and stiffen the D up. I will guarantee that he will have special seasons coming at Iowa. I don't usually do that.
7 years is enough. In 7 seasons he has not produced anything remotely close to "special". What are you "guaranteeing"? A Final Four? A BIG title? I want your definition of what a "special season" is.

I'm not happy with mediocre - I want Iowa to be better. I happen to think many factors go into a program becoming better besides constant coaching turnover. I think with all the in state talent we have coming in the future, having stability at HC is pretty important.
News flash for you. 8 years does not equal "constant coaching turnover"! It doesn't! Not even close! The fact that you're arguing as much tells me that you ARE happy with mediocre. You just don't want to admit it. Just admit it and stop trying to fool yourself. You're not fooling anyone else!

News flash for you. 8 years does not equal "constant coaching turnover"! It doesn't! Not even close! The fact that you're arguing as much tells me that you ARE happy with mediocre. You just don't want to admit it. Just admit it and stop trying to fool yourself. You're not fooling anyone else!

I'm not trying to fool you. I am not happy with mediocre. I am definitely not happy with this crap we're seeing this year. What basketball programs have sustained success changing out coaches at a faster clip then 7 years, 3 years and then 8 years? Give me some examples.

Direct quote from Gary Barta’s interview.

“Many times, when we announce coaches’ contracts, it’s for recruiting. In this case, we didn’t need an advantage in recruiting. Recruiting’s been going fine. So I made the decision to wait until the end of the season”

https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.hawkcentral.com/amp/1075928001

This wasn’t about recruiting, it was about GB locking up a coach he thinks is the best Iowa can do.
Exactly. Heaven forbid they actually listen to Gutless Gary's own words, when they attempt to cover this shitwich with more ketchup, cheese, mustard and pickles. I hope they enjoy the taste. I'm not having any of it.

I'm not trying to fool you. I am not happy with mediocre. I am definitely not happy with this crap we're seeing this year. What basketball programs have sustained success changing out coaches at a faster clip then 7 years, 3 years and then 8 years? Give me some examples.
How about you find me a P5 coach that's produced 2 NCAA wins in 7 years and I'll show you a dog shit basketball program. That's what we have. We don't even have the best D-1 program in the state of Iowa. Iowa State and UNI have better basketball programs and it's not close.

What the hell are you even trying to ask here?
Nobody is going to get rid of a coach who is winning.

yeah, I dunno ... I get your point. It just seems like the best basketball schools all have guys that never leave - and the schools also don't bail on them after 1 down year. I am firmly in the get rid of Fran if Iowa misses the dance next season camp. I just personally don't want to blow up our program because of THIS season.

yeah, I dunno ... I get your point. It just seems like the best basketball schools all have guys that never leave - and the schools also don't bail on them after 1 down year. I am firmly in the get rid of Fran if Iowa misses the dance next season camp. I just personally don't want to blow up our program because of THIS season.
It's not "1 down year". Success in this sport, at the P5 level, is measured in the NCAA tournament. You, Gutless Gary and Fran don't have to like that fact but you can't ignore it.

How about you find me a P5 coach that's produced 2 NCAA wins in 7 years and I'll show you a dog shit basketball program. That's what we have. We don't even have the best D-1 program in the state of Iowa. Iowa State and UNI have better basketball programs and it's not close.

Creighton

Oh the guy averaging 32 minutes a game and 2nd leading scorer... when is a good time to sit him? The answer is never, but he's got to sit sometime. The guys logged 40 minutes games this year.

and they are not at ALWAYS at the top in turnovers. Unless we have different views of the word TOP - But Iowa plays fast tempo, teams that score like Iowa do tend to turn the ball over. But to the point, your statement is false.

2017-11th
2016-12th
2015 - 1st
2014 - 5th
2013 - 7th
2012 - 9th
2011 - 8th
2010-11th

assist to t/o rank

2017 - 5th
2016- 5th
2016 - 3rd
2014 - 6th
2013 - 4th
2012 - 4th
2011 - 6th
2010 - 11th

I don't know where you are getting your stats, Iowa is 13th in the B1G in turn-overs, 171 (two away from the bottom).

http://www.bigten.org/sports/m-baskbl/mbb-confonly.html

It's not "1 down year". Success in this sport, at the P5 level, is measured in the NCAA tournament. You, Gutless Gary and Fran don't have to like that fact but you can't ignore it.

It is 1 down year when you look at the projection of his program. Iowa hasn't had many years like this since his first, I don't expect many more of them. Lots of good coaches have them. Most of them don't string a bunch together. If Fran does I want him out. Iowa has been mediocre under Fran. That doesn't mean I love it. Doesn't mean I accept it. I think Fran can and will succeed at Iowa. I liked his first cycle of recruits he got here when he dug us out, I think he can do that again but with better results.

I love how you guys need to say things like Gutless Gary... like, do you think that offends me? or someone else? Or what does that do for you? Do you think it upsets the readers? I'm not saying don't do it, I just am curious in the desired effect.

You do realize that Greg McDermott has 3 NCAA wins at Creighton. Not that it matters because they don't play in a P5 conference.

meh... in college hoops it's basically the Power 6 or 7 - but you're right - McD has him beat - I just threw out a name -

Latest posts