McCall violated team rules - not traveling to Lincoln

So it has to be the exact same off field situation as the others to be similar? I don't think so.
If he is supsended for something off the field and then leaves the team that is good enough for me to be similar. I don't care if it is pregnancy, failed drug test, academic failure, home sick, etc.
This is the same road we went down with Jewell, Robinson, Pugh, Wegher, etc.

So any time a RB leaves the team no matter what reason it is a similar situation. That doesn't make sense unless the word similar means every possible scenario.

How about folks wait a little while before talking smack about the kid, or the staff or whatever other randomness? This is a ridiculous thread.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B74cn1ScTjM]Ridiculousness Season 1 Episode 2 Part 1/2 - YouTube[/ame]

Agreed. But when someone tells you or tells the media that you are going to play and then you continue to ride the pine. That has to be frustrating. Especially because these type of guys are confident in their abilities and feel that they can be out there contributing. And this is after the guy worked his butt off to get back healthy enough to contribute after a serious ankle injury.

Right. I agree it has to be frustrating. The difference between those who play and those that dont, the difference between losers and winners, is what they do with that frustration. What did Edison say about making the light bulb? I am sure he was frustrated as well. Food for thought is all.

If he never plays again, we will probably never win again. How could we expect to win even one game next year without the greatest running back this school has ever seen? Oh man, we need to fire KF, tear down Kinnick, and beg ISU to let us combine schools. WE ARE DOOMED I TELL YOU!!!

I like how you think jailbreak, HN love affair with this guy (over coker) is amazing

So any time a RB leaves the team no matter what reason it is a similar situation. That doesn't make sense unless the word similar means every possible scenario.

If a guy gets suspended and then quits the team, yes I think that constitutes similar. And when they all occur at the same position. Yes I think that is similar or a trend if you will.

The problem isn't necessarily McCall leaving, it's the fact that Iowa has the ABSOLUTE worst luck ever with running backs. Take a look at the 2011 class. Coe never made it on campus, McCall breaks an ankle before the end of the 1st half in the 1st game, only to come back after nine games and fumble on his second carry and now is suspended and away from the team, and Canzeri and Bullock are both nursing injuries.
It's very frustrating, to say the least.

If a guy gets suspended and then quits the team, yes I think that constitutes similar. And when they all occur at the same position. Yes I think that is similar or a trend if you will.

Well, ok if you just define what we are talking about as suspended and then quits or gets kicked off the team then they are all similar. Except I guess Wegher and Hampton were never suspended.

I like how you think jailbreak, HN love affair with this guy (over coker) is amazing

Except that it is a proven fact the more carries Coker gets the worse his ave per carry is so what hurts giving him a break every now and then...oh wait that is not KF's style he runs the horse into the ground completely.

yeah, i saw that stat too, not significant enough for me to write to mom about it. I'm totally fine with another back getting some carries, but first, i'll appreciate the work cokers has done and second, i'll not call for it the way some of you have. If it happens, fine, but im not going to make a huge case for it.

Jon - this thread is not ridiculous at all... it is a systemic problem in our football program.

KF is clearly out of touch. All of the other big programs let their players return a steak if its overcooked. Only KF thinks its disrespectful.

This is a total joke. KF ought to be ashamed of himself.

Except that it is a proven fact the more carries Coker gets the worse his ave per carry is so what hurts giving him a break every now and then...oh wait that is not KF's style he runs the horse into the ground completely.

So now we've gone from McCall transferring, to pointing out Coker is fat and out of shape.:eek:;)

Jon - this thread is not ridiculous at all... it is a systemic problem in our football program.

KF is clearly out of touch. All of the other big programs let their players return a steak if its overcooked. Only KF thinks its disrespectful.

This is a total joke. KF ought to be ashamed of himself.

yea this is a huge problem,:rolleyes: I mean when they had robinson, wegher, and hampton it was all good

No one complained when Greene got all the carries....you guys are hilarious

who cares if coker gets all the carries anyway? Hes a top 3 back in the big 10...but man that just sucks because he gets all the carries.

monte ball had 38 carries last week....Bielama should be ashamed for not letting White come in and play more

Latest posts