McCall violated team rules - not traveling to Lincoln

Sadly I think you are probably correct. This is so mind boggling frustrating. The guy has to be ticked off. He worked his butt off after a serious injury to get back with the team and get on the field. He has been cleard for at least 3 weeks, probably 4 (Minn, Mich, MSU and Purdue) yet only saw 2 carries in four weeks? Then he fumbles and doesn't get another chance.
Why would he stay around? The attrition starts early this year, good job Hawks. We want guys who are willing to sit around for 4 years and not play. There should be a bunch of those guys around.
This is not a post/opinion about McCall be the next coming at RB, he may still be good who knows. This is about the attrition at RB and DLine, it has been particularly alarming in recent years and it looks like it is not stopping. That is what is disgusting me.

Also, for those who think I am jumping to conclusions, if you can give me one good reason why this does not seem like the story for every other RB that has left, I would be glad to hear it.
This just appears to be the same old story once again. I'm sorry but it's true.

Sadly I think you are probably correct. This is so mind boggling frustrating. The guy has to be ticked off. He worked his butt off after a serious injury to get back with the team and get on the field. He has been cleard for at least 3 weeks, probably 4 (Minn, Mich, MSU and Purdue) yet only saw 2 carries in four weeks? Then he fumbles and doesn't get another chance.
Why would he stay around? The attrition starts early this year, good job Hawks. We want guys who are willing to sit around for 4 years and not play. There should be a bunch of those guys around.
This is not a post/opinion about McCall be the next coming at RB, he may still be good who knows. This is about the attrition at RB and DLine, it has been particularly alarming in recent years and it looks like it is not stopping. That is what is disgusting me.

I think it has alot to do with these "star" players coming in. They think they are all that and a bag of chips and should be playing right away. Listen to what C.J.F had to say about it, he thought he knew everything and when he realized he didnt, he started to learn and now is doing very good and should be great next year. Big heads sink ships.

Also, for those who think I am jumping to conclusions, if you can give me one good reason why this does not seem like the story for every other RB that has left, I would be glad to hear it.
This just appears to be the same old story once again. I'm sorry but it's true.

If it comes out that it is drug related issue or a getting girls pregnant issue then yes it will be similar otherwise no.

I think it has alot to do with these "star" players coming in. They think they are all that and a bag of chips and should be playing right away. Listen to what C.J.F had to say about it, he thought he knew everything and when he realized he didnt, he started to learn and now is doing very good and should be great next year. Big heads sink ships.

Agreed. But when someone tells you or tells the media that you are going to play and then you continue to ride the pine. That has to be frustrating. Especially because these type of guys are confident in their abilities and feel that they can be out there contributing. And this is after the guy worked his butt off to get back healthy enough to contribute after a serious ankle injury.

Slow down people. Enough of the stupid 'guess the reason' posts.

**** No!

It's my God Given Right as a Red Blooded American male to think of any of the gazillion reasons why someone might get suspended from a football team and then post them ad nauseum on a message board.

You people can have your pregnancies and drug houses.

I'm going with was late for the bus ride home, causing the entire team to miss dinner at one of the Peoria area Steak and Shakes.

Are you in there heads? Is that what they said to you? Dd you recruit them?

Agree. If he has an attitude problem then he needs to learn that he has to earn his playing time. He might have a attitude where he thinks everything should be handed to him. I believe he decomitted from Michigan State because he didn't want to compete for playing time.

On the other hand there are players like Coker who work hard and make the most of it when the get it, don't complain that they aren't getting enough carries, don't complain about getting pulled. Or McNutt, someone who could have transferred or got mad about not playing QB but switched to WR and worked hard and now look where he is.

Plus RB is usually one of those positions you have at least two guys in there, a primary and a guy to give the primary a rest. Kirk's unwillingness to let anybody else tote the ball besides Coker (Yes Coker is doing a very good job) has to weigh a lot on these kids minds as well.

Agree. If he has an attitude problem then he needs to learn that he has to earn his playing time. He might have a attitude where he thinks everything should be handed to him. I believe he decomitted from Michigan State because he didn't want to compete for playing time.

On the other hand there are players like Coker who work hard and make the most of it when the get it, don't complain that they aren't getting enough carries, don't complain about getting pulled. Or McNutt, someone who could have transferred or got mad about not playing QB but switched to WR and worked hard and now look where he is.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6vxiQ9JCKvE]The Miz : Really ? - YouTube[/ame]

How about folks wait a little while before talking smack about the kid, or the staff or whatever other randomness? This is a ridiculous thread.

Sadly I think you are probably correct. This is so mind boggling frustrating. The guy has to be ticked off. He worked his butt off after a serious injury to get back with the team and get on the field. He has been cleard for at least 3 weeks, probably 4 (Minn, Mich, MSU and Purdue) yet only saw 2 carries in four weeks? Then he fumbles and doesn't get another chance. Why would he stay around? The attrition starts early this year, good job Hawks. We want guys who are willing to sit around for 4 years and not play. There should be a bunch of those guys around. This is not a post/opinion about McCall be the next coming at RB, he may still be good who knows. This is about the attrition at RB and DLine, it has been particularly alarming in recent years and it looks like it is not stopping. That is what is disgusting me.

if this is the case good riddance

If it comes out that it is drug related issue or a getting girls pregnant issue then yes it will be similar otherwise no.

So it has to be the exact same off field situation as the others to be similar? I don't think so.
If he is supsended for something off the field and then leaves the team that is good enough for me to be similar. I don't care if it is pregnancy, failed drug test, academic failure, home sick, etc.
This is the same road we went down with Jewell, Robinson, Pugh, Wegher, etc.

oh no, not this again!!

First it was two carries against Purdue, and What does giving him one or two carries have to do with him violating team rules? Pretty sure you can violate team rules even if you are being redshirted.

It was KF's fault that he fumbled on the five yard line and KF's fault he violated team rules.

Latest posts