McCall violated team rules - not traveling to Lincoln

Ferentz FOUND OUT about it after the Purdue game. No mention of if it HAPPENING after the Purdue game.

Keep that in mind.

I just hope that whatever it is, McCall corrects the situation and comes out of it a stronger person and player.

What is your point?

Also, for those who think I am jumping to conclusions, if you can give me one good reason why this does not seem like the story for every other RB that has left, I would be glad to hear it.
This just appears to be the same old story once again. I'm sorry but it's true.

Iowa's attrition at RB the last few years has nothing to do with guys not getting to play. In the case of everyone who left, they were all in line to have major playing time.

Hampton - blew out his knee in 2009 pre-season camp. Came back in 2010, had one game suspension, played against Iowa State, played against Arizona, blew out knee again. Kicked off team/decided to leave between end of regular season and bowl game.
Wegher - long, sorted story but he didn't leave b/c he didn't have opportunity. The guy had the clear path to starting as a sophomore but let his personal life derail his career, which has spiraled downward to Morningside.
Robinson - Played well with Wegher as freshman in 2009. Played well in 2010, had concussion against MSU, came back, then suspended for bowl game due to off-field issues. Then while suspended was cited again. Removed from team.

The list is certainly longer than that going to back to guys like Albert Young (injuries), Jovon Pugh (left team). Even Shonn Greene had a long and winding road, exiled to community college for a time to get his grades in order before the 2008 season.

The story with RB's who have left is not that the staff isn't playing them. Quite the contrary, if you are talented this staff has shown they will play you early and often.

Normally I would say this isn't a big deal. But at Iowa this is the first step on a players way out the door.

With RBs its like watching the same bad movie over and over again.

I think the same guys who assume he is transferring are also the same guys spamming the board after the MSU game saying we would be 6-6 and should refuse the Detroit Bowl.

over.....if its under we'll most likely lose.

How did that over worked for us at Minnesota and Iowa State. Actually Iowa is 2-2 when he has 28 or more carries this season. 4-2 when he carries less than 25 a game. That says a lot. We want the under.

McCall probably skipped a class. Much ado about nothing.
True drama queens would blush at some of these hawk fans.

Scenario 1.
That is what I thought of too, first off the injury had to be agravating, and then I also thought after weeks of saying he was going to play and then not playing, it had to get on his nerves I don't care how humble or how much of a team player you are. When you keep getting told you will get a chance and then it doesn't come it has to make you a little bit mad. So then he gets in fumbles and never comes back in which only piles onto his frustration. He does something to get in trouble because he is mad and frustrated, then gets suspened, then gets even more mad and says either screw it I am gone or does something else to get in trouble and gets kicked off the team.

Scenario 2.
He learns from it, sucks it up, and becomes better because of it.

You're Scenario 1 is EXACTLY what popped into my head when I read this about McCall. I hope I'm wrong, but those highlights he provided in the first game will be all we ever see from him...

...at least in a Hawk jersey. Dirtball Dantonio will probably get his claws back on him.

from the transcript it sounded to me like this happened before the purdue game and kf found out after and that is why it is taking place now instead of earlier.

Latest posts