McCabe tweet - rips Iowa fans

Any idiot can have a computer and access to the internet. And most idiots do. This we know.

That having been said... a kid/player/public figure in McCabe's position should know that and not get caught up in it such that he gets drawn in.

Bad move Zach.

McCabe in BIG play has only 21 fgs and 29 fouls and I'm not even sure that includes the game today - wow. In his defense that last 3 attempt probably came up short because his hand was tired keeping up with all those tweets.

Note to McCabe;

Don't have a twitter account. There are extremely crazy people out there.

Exactly what I was thinking. If I was any sort of public figure at all, I wouldn't have a page like this. Not me, anyway. I don't have thick enough skin, and I would inevitably end up saying something stupid.

Here's my point and stance for you tough guys that like to talk **** on here. I work at a place that the team comes in from time to time. I will post the next time they will be coming in. I will sit with a tally board on how many ppl have the courage to say one thing negative to ANY player one time. I will buy anyone's tab in fact that tells McCabe how ****** he is right to his face. Think about it ppl. You are wrong....

Here's my point and stance for you tough guys that like to talk **** on here. I work at a place that the team comes in from time to time. I will post the next time they will be coming in. I will sit with a tally board on how many ppl have the courage to say one thing negative to ANY player one time. I will buy anyone's tab in fact that tells McCabe how ****** he is right to his face. Think about it ppl. You are wrong....

tude.gif

OK folks. Why hasn't one person in these 86 previous posts made mention of the fact that Zach is a Senior? To me that is EVERYTHING here. That means he is supposed to be one of the team leaders, and one person amongst those athletes who has been around long enough to know better.

If this would have been anyone else, I would have had a lot more sympathy for him (though yes, I believe this is also a good lesson on why it is just best to stay off Twitter). And while I haven't seen it on this site, Hawk fans apparently did go WAY over the edge in criticizing him.

Still, HE IS A SENIOR! On the court and off, I have always expected more out of them. What he has done here is so far beyond the pale for a team leader, I can't even describe it.

Don't know what Fran is going to do here (and Fran HAS to start re-thinking his substitution patterns, period). But when it comes to a Senior doing something like this, the head man cannot do nothing.

OK folks. Why hasn't one person in these 86 previous posts made mention of the fact that Zach is a Senior? To me that is EVERYTHING here. That means he is supposed to be one of the team leaders, and one person amongst those athletes who has been around long enough to know better.

If this would have been anyone else, I would have had a lot more sympathy for him (though yes, I believe this is also a good lesson on why it is just best to stay off Twitter). And while I haven't seen it on this site, Hawk fans apparently did go WAY over the edge in criticizing him.

Still, HE IS A SENIOR! On the court and off, I have always expected more out of them. What he has done here is so far beyond the pale for a team leader, I can't even describe it.

Don't know what Fran is going to do here (and Fran HAS to start re-thinking his substitution patterns, period). But when it comes to a Senior doing something like this, the head man cannot do nothing.

I think Fran has showed us what he is going to do in cases like this early this week. He will stick up for his players against what he feels are unwarranted and unnecessary attacks on his players (McCabe specifically).

If this whole thing turns into a Fran and player against the fans thing, it is not going to turn out good for Iowa. We can handle a player getting mad at the fans and talking smack, but when the coach starts doing it, that's when things start falling apart. Fans run the show and although a small percentage are idiots most are reasonable and it is not a good idea to be ******* the fan base off.

How Fran reacts to the media and fans will tell a lot about how long he will be here.

It is also the culmination of 4 yrs of people ripping on him. People have down played him as a person and basketball player since he got to Iowa. Everyone can only take so much and all he did was make one stupid comment. He didn't say anything as bad as anyone said to him. He is still pretty young and young people make mistakes....he didn't deserve it and he tried to defend himself. Even Jackie Robinson fought back...contrary to how the perception is about his career.

Wow. Just wow. We've been waiting since 2006 to get back into the tourney. We finally have a coach and a team that will get us there, but we pull out the pitch forks when we loose a close game. There are so many folks out there that really don't understand basketball, apparently. Why on earth are we attacking 1 player when, we should be asking why our defense was so poor in the first half to allow those guys to shoot 74% from the floor? Sheer ignorance from some folks.

Wow. Just wow. We've been waiting since 2006 to get back into the tourney. We finally have a coach and a team that will get us there, but we pull out the pitch forks when we loose a close game. There are so many folks out there that really don't understand basketball, apparently. Why on earth are we attacking 1 player when, we should be asking why our defense was so poor in the first half to allow those guys to shoot 74% from the floor? Sheer ignorance from some folks.

Yes we should be acting like we've been there before. This is clown stuff.

I really Hate to see this go on. I love Zach. He is a great Hawk. But I would rather he let Fran cover his back than do this.

I only regret that he took it down - a pretty healthy % of the Hawkeye fan base needs to hear it loud & clear, unfortunately.

As far as ripping players @ the collegiate level, I think 95% of it falls under 2 categories:

1) You're young and have some maturing to do (it's regrettable, but I've been there first hand)
2) You're a loser & would rather take it out on the 21 yr old kid for missing a shot/dropping a pass/whatever than come to grips with your own life.

Word.

This would have been a non issue if Zach didn't tweet out his personal outburst for us to know what he thinks about fans.

Brave anonymous Twitter posters ripping players like Zach was/is an issue even if Zach said nothing at all.

I agree he mishandled it, but that's a separate point from the Moron Brigade.

I just don't get the whole Twitter thing. I don't read it or follow anyone or have an account and if I was a college kid playing ball, I wouldn't have one either. Nothing good can come from it.

1. Define your ignorance on a subject.

2. Give your opinion anyway.

You don't think people have already done this?

Latest posts