McCabe tweet - rips Iowa fans

Fans suck and saying **** like that is stupid. That said, it's part of being a high level athlete and you can't really lash out like that.

Yeah I think its fine he said something but I wouldnt have went with "suck a big fat one".

We got Woody Quieting down the crowd so McCabe can tell them that.........yeah there are some sucky fans.

There are ways to voice displeasure and places to do so.

Starting to wonder if there's a team vs fans mentality going on in the locker room. They're feeling the pressure at home it seems.

The crazy thing is that its obvious that McCabe pays attention to what fans are saying and its obvious that getting ripped on would make you lose confidence. So in a way fans are maybe responsible for that missed shot at the end.

So...mccabe was listening to fans during the game? Maybe more focus on playing better and less focus on crowd banter, ya think? Ur weak logic to connect those dots has mccabe following OSU dude into the stands. Francis wuld prolly b right behind him to defend his baby.

The crazy thing is that its obvious that McCabe pays attention to what fans are saying and its obvious that getting ripped on would make you lose confidence. So in a way fans are maybe responsible for that missed shot at the end.

Eh, every athlete who's ever played sports has to hear some kind of criticism from dumb fans. If you lose confidence in yourself because of others that's on you in my opinion. It doesn't excuse stupid fan behavior and commentary but it's part of the territory.

I think it's terrible the way Iowa fans have acted in general this season. It's been beyond embarrassing. From constantly crying about officiating to attacking our own players, we've become the joke fan base of the BIG.

Having said that, McCabe's reaction will further cement a lot of fans' feelings about him. As much as it sucks, as a player you must ignore the critisism and steer away from the victim mentality. You won't change opinions on social media. That can only be done on the court.
There is a lunatic fringe to every fan base. A few weeks ago Vadger fans were questioning Bo's age and he had lost it. Now look at them. But one thing I won't forgive is if McCabe really tweeted that.. Well ,he chose to be put in this position. He needs to be above this. That is just plain childish to put that out there. You better be able to take the critisism as well as the praise. And that is what I think separates talented players from the elite. Lebron has tons of haters,but he is able to ignore them. Fran needs to silence him on tweeting until he is no longer wearing an Iowa uniform.

There is a lunatic fringe to every fan base. A few weeks ago Vadger fans were questioning Bo's age and he had lost it. Now look at them. But one thing I won't forgive is if McCabe really tweeted that.. Well ,he chose to be put in this position. He needs to be above this. That is just plain childish to put that out there. You better be able to take the critisism as well as the praise. And that is what I think separates talented players from the elite. Lebron has tons of haters,but he is able to ignore them. Fran needs to silence him on tweeting until he is no longer wearing an Iowa uniform.
This is the reality of the situation.

No excuse for McCabe to post that. He is a role model and young children can see something like that. Not a good message you want to put out there for the program. McCabe just made his day even worse. You have to objectively look at the critics and keep your emotions in check. Confess behind the scenes, but be a professional to the public.

Last edited:
He shouldnt have posted it, but I thought it was great. You always want your players to take the high road, but some of the things that prompted his response were just awful.

honestly this is a distraction from reality.

McCabe hasn't played well the back half of the year. It is what it is.

A couple people upset with a loss and a player upset with a loss raging at each other.

Meaningless talk really.

That's really messed up and is why I feel coaches should ban social media for their players. It makes it too easy for the idiots, trolls, jerks, etc. to say things and get under your skin. At least it's just anonymous idiots on Twitter and not the fans in the stands.

Eh, every athlete who's ever played sports has to hear some kind of criticism from dumb fans. If you lose confidence in yourself because of others that's on you in my opinion. It doesn't excuse stupid fan behavior and commentary but it's part of the territory.

I agree that its lame but its pretty apparent that the fans have destroyed McCabe's confidence. I don't think you can miss a shot that badly unless your confidence is completely crushed.

Just saw the replay of the "shot" again. Thought it was partially deflected on first look, but it wasn't. WOOF. Take your medicine on that one McCabe.

it's just emotion talking from both sides - I don't give much importance to it.

McCabe is frustrated, fans are frustrated they have a medium to let it out.

That's what happens.

The fans on Kakert's site are absolutely roasting McCabe. Of course there are a lot of haters on that board.

I think all of these people tweeting this crap to McCabe are all from my Section at Football games. So many DBs in my section this year it made the games far less enjoyable.

Latest posts