McCabe tweet - rips Iowa fans

2 of the tweets went like this

" nice 3 at the end of the game...fa...t."

"You're f'n terrible. You came in with Todd's awful recruits. You don't belong on this team. Go ruin someone else's team."

Seriously who the **** does that? It's embarrassing

Probably someone on this board.

It's too bad. Its difficult to be mad at a kid for making the statement because quite truly it's not him that the fans are upset with....its the decision to play him that pisses everyone off.

A couple things:

*Social Media is not the evil, it is the people that are evil. People do and say mean things, always have, always will....social media is just the current avenue.

*This is an unfortunate situation from both ends. People tweeting at McCabe and him responding back. Everyone involved needs to be better.

*I unfollowed, and lost a lot of respect for McCabe during the 2012 football season. He was critical of JVB's quarterback play, and tweeted something along the lines of..."let me play quarterback" during the Penn State game. He took it down fairly quickly, but for an athlete to publicly criticize another like that took some luster off him in my eyes. Now he is learning what its like to be on the other side.

@ZMcCabe15's tweets are protected.

Only confirmed followers have access to @ZMcCabe15's Tweets and complete profile. Click the "Follow" button to send a follow request.

I haven't seen what people are tweeting at him, but it sounds pretty messed up. The entire situation is REALLY unfortunate because you don't what him tweeting anything like that either.

I completely agree with what was said earlier about Iowa players being role models and tweets like this from McCabe are too bad.

My view of the whole situation is that ideally, fans wouldn't attack college players. But in reality, this is such a big business and there's so much fan interest that maybe it's inevitable (with some internet idiots).

I would never do anything like that to an Iowa player, or any player for that matter. But at the same time, McCabe is wildly frustrating. He is a local player that was given a scholarship to play for the team that we all grew up watching. I personally dreamed of playing for Iowa as a kid, I'm sure we all did. He's never once been in good physical shape. I used to think to myself: he's going to get more athletic as his career progresses and he's going to start to look and play like more of a B1G player by the time he's a senior...and he really hasn't. He seems like a good guy and he's really not a bad player. But he's also ABSURDLY easy to criticize and he has to know that.

If the majority of fans know about this, it can't make things better for him at all. Hopefully Fran refrains from putting him in that position again. Bad Franny!

*I unfollowed, and lost a lot of respect for McCabe during the 2012 football season. He was critical of JVB's quarterback play, and tweeted something along the lines of..."let me play quarterback" during the Penn State game. He took it down fairly quickly, but for an athlete to publicly criticize another like that took some luster off him in my eyes. Now he is learning what its like to be on the other side.

I didn't ever realize he said stuff like that...that's pretty sad. I've never had a real high opinion of him...but that doesn't excuse any fan calling him out, especially with that vulgarity.

I think it's terrible the way Iowa fans have acted in general this season. It's been beyond embarrassing. From constantly crying about officiating to attacking our own players, we've become the joke fan base of the BIG.
I'm glad I'm not the only one...I used to make fun of ISU for this...but if you talk to a lot of Iowa fans...the hawks haven't lost a game this year besides the ones the stripes stole. I think it might just be trickle down from the way our coach acts.

Yeah I think its fine he said something but I wouldnt have went with "suck a big fat one".

We got Woody Quieting down the crowd so McCabe can tell them that.........yeah there are some sucky fans.

There are ways to voice displeasure and places to do so.

Yeah I think its fine he said something but I wouldnt have went with "suck a big fat one".

We got Woody Quieting down the crowd so McCabe can tell them that.........yeah there are some sucky fans.

There are ways to voice displeasure and places to do so.

I just have this image, thanks to your post, of Woodbury getting on the PA and yelling, "Would you all shutup! My man Zach has something to say!" Zach: "uh...yeah...why don't ya all suck a fat one"

Again proof fans are stupid in how they act. It is a game the kid gave his all he doesn't deserve this. Should me have said what he did...no...but if you were in his position can you honestly say you wouldn't at least want to say something similar. I know I probably would have.

Again proof fans are stupid in how they act. It is a game the kid gave his all he doesn't deserve this. Should me have said what he did...no...but if you were in his position can you honestly say you wouldn't at least want to say something similar. I know I probably would have.

at that age i would have said a lot more than that.

The crazy thing is that its obvious that McCabe pays attention to what fans are saying and its obvious that getting ripped on would make you lose confidence. So in a way fans are maybe responsible for that missed shot at the end.

I would have not faired well in this situation at a younger age. I would have wanted to fight the whole fan base. Players beat themselves up enough over this stuff. They dont need any help.

The crazy thing is that its obvious that McCabe pays attention to what fans are saying and its obvious that getting ripped on would make you lose confidence. So in a way fans are maybe responsible for that missed shot at the end.
Twitter ban to come?

Awesome