Kyle Meyer: OMG

Nobody is arguing that there's a difference but there's also a significant crossover in equipment and even techniques.

Basketball players need to be strong (weights) and football players spend hours on flexibility.

i think you have that backwards, football players need strength and BB players need flexibility, and they need conditioning more than FB players, as they don't take a break between plays like the FB players do or put in different player between a offensive series or a defensive series,

i think you have that backwards, football players need strength and BB players need flexibility, and they need conditioning more than FB players, as they don't take a break between plays like the FB players do or put in different player between a offensive series or a defensive series,

Unbelievable. Are you trying to be this ridiculous?

HERBYHAWKNATION.

Kinda has a very nice ring to it. No? I've got first dibs on any royalties and / or licensing fees that might come from this.

Herby. What do you think? Partners?

Unbelievable. Are you trying to be this ridiculous?

i see you never played any sport, and as far as i know weight lifting is still optional for a HS kid, and at the ,local HS that 3 block from where i live it is the FB players that dominate the weight room the BB player very rarely use it and they have sent players to Division1 school the most recent was a kid that is going to play at Iowa in FB, and thru my son there are a few from the Waterloo schools that i have met and talked to, so yea i know about how kids feel about weight lifting, and know a couple HS bb coaches and their feelings about strength and conditioning

i see you never played any sport, and as far as i know weight lifting is still optional for a HS kid, and at the ,local HS that 3 block from where i live it is the FB players that dominate the weight room the BB player very rarely use it and they have sent players to Division1 school the most recent was a kid that is going to play at Iowa in FB, and thru my son there are a few from the Waterloo schools that i have met and talked to, so yea i know about how kids feel about weight lifting, and know a couple HS bb coaches and their feelings about strength and conditioning

You're right (facepalm). So you're sitting here arguing with everyone and your source is "a ,local HS that 3 block from where i live it is the FB players that dominate teh weight room"? You are making my head hurt. Here's a novel idea.....maybe some of those FB players play multiple sports and are actually on the bball team as well? :eek:

Last edited:

Is this the freaking Twilight Zone?

I am saying that basketball players workout for strength and football players workout for flexibility even though that might be opposite of common knowledge.

Last edited:
I loved the Puffiness, Duff, he gets the attitude from the clothes he wears.....

pirate-shirt-seinfeld-i16.jpg

Seriously though, he was slammed on the face by the defending dude, same as Aaron by Frazier at Carver when he slammed, landed, turned around and roared at the offending player. Kyle landed smartly, puffed up, and strutted a little bit. It was worthy because of the forearn in the face......

I love his attitude.....

:D

i will get the "provide links" for this, but there was a story about a Hawkeye FB player, that played FB and Baseball for the Hawks, that the Baseball coaches had to break down the lack of flexibility that the weight lifting did to him so he could regain that FLEXIBILITY he needed to play Baseball, so weight training can and does damage the flexibility of players

i will get the "provide links" for this, but there was a story about a Hawkeye FB player, that played FB and Baseball for the Hawks, that the Baseball coaches had to break down the lack of flexibility that the weight lifting did to him so he could regain that FLEXIBILITY he needed to play Baseball, so weight training can and does damage the flexibility of players

There's this thing called sports specific weight training. Weight training can be detrimental, and it often could be...about 20 years ago, but they know what they are doing these days.

then why start arguement on this? BB players do not do massive amounts of lifting weights. like FB players do

"Weight lifting is good for one thing and that is bulk"

Because this is completely false. Not to mention that basketball players DO massive amounts of weight lifting. As much as football? No, of course not.

The basketball players in my HS lifted just as much as the football guys. If we didn't lift, we didnt play. Guys who put the time in were rewarded.

Herby. STOP! Help me out here. First you post the following: "then why start arguement on this? BB players do not do massive amounts of lifting weights. like FB players do".

Two posts and 10 minutes later, you post the following:
"The basketball players in my HS lifted just as much as the football guys. If we didn't lift, we didnt play. Guys who put the time in were rewarded."

Can you not see where you are contradicting yourself? Dear Lord. Cmon my friend!

You might want to rethink this. Wrong guy.

Latest posts