Kyle Meyer: OMG

Weight lifting is good for one thing and that is bulk,

BZZZZZZZZZZT!!! Incorrect! There are many techniques in weight lifting. Gaining bulk and strength is just one. There are weight lifting programs that can increase strength without increasing bulk. There are weigh lifting programs that increase stamina. There are weight lifting programs that increase fine motor strength. Not every program is the (in)famous Nebraska "Bigger-Stronger-Faster".

I think he probably wishes he had redshirted Gabe this year,and knows that he cannot play 13 guys next year.
Good post, but I want to reply to this quote. I think you are right and that Fran probably wished he could have redshirted Gabe. But he has played him out of necessity. One thing I love about Fran is he is willing to try anything to find the right matchup to get the job done. There have been many games where McCabe gets into foul trouble, Basabe is ineffective, so he will try anything to slow down some of the other teams big men. We have even seen him use Stokes on occasion. But next year I would not be surprised to see whoever loses the battle of the big men get redshirted. But get them all in, work them out, and play the best ones that give them the best chance to win.

I agree with both of you but whose to say that Gabe doesn't redshirt next year? He will still be raw and has probably played fewer minutes of competitive basketball than the guys coming in.

I agree with both of you but whose to say that Gabe doesn't redshirt next year? He will still be raw and has probably played fewer minutes of competitive basketball than the guys coming in.

Maybe, I think there will be a competition next fall on who gets to play and who redshirts.

How did HUURBY spiral this thread out of control, and I wasn't here to see it happen.

Although, his bizarre ramblings in this thread do help explain the even more bizarre PM he sent me today.

herby - there's a difference between weight lifting and strength training. Almost all athletes do strength training, it helps them stay fit and even though muscle weights more than fat you can actually drop weight because muscles burn fat

actually the fat cell shrink as muscle cells increase in mass and size ,but whatever, to bad the subject of Meyer got turned into a rip on herby thread, and for the record ESPN dropped this kid from a 3* to a 2*, showing again why the stars mean nothing

Fat cells dont shrink due to Muscle increase. They shrink due to reduced caloric intake/good diet.

point being fat cells don't get burned off, they simply shrink, god it would be nice to get back on topic
and it does appear that Meyer has gotten bigger, in the chest and shoulders, and will probably be a contributor if Basabe does not step it up, or if McCabe can't cure the fouling problem