isu player arrested

The neighbor who reported him is apparently a wrestler, and he has already deleted his facebook account according to Cyfan. Bunch of morons attack him when BDJ is clearly the one being an a-hole. There's a poster over there named isufbcurt I think who was a 4th or 5th string LB in the McCarney era (Curt Schroeder). He came out and said that he sent the kid a harassing facebook message before he had a chance to delete his page. What a class act.

I would have laid low if I were him, but the people who are going after him are cretins.

Actually it does. Are you really this dense? It makes about 98% of the people at both ISU and Iowa better people. You do realize it isn't common for a kid to go around acting like this is his world and everyone else is just living in it right? College kid or not. I promise you about 98% of people would have received the message before their 5th run in with the police. Make no mistake.... BDJ is a special kind of jerk.
No. You're missing my point. You are not a better person today than you were yesterday because of this, simply because you cheer for a school BDJ does not attend or play for.

Guy sounds like a model citizen:

White said Hoiberg was very strict and direct with Dejean-Jones about his expectations for the senior transfer from UNLV and in White's words, "...did everything that a coach should have been doing."

White described the behavior of Dejean-Jones and his roommates in detail and explained why he could take it no longer.

"They outright leave their trash out in the hallways and there was one morning I came home and the trash was littered all over the hallway," White said. "There is puke in the hallways and every smell that comes into the hallway in this building has been linked to their unit. [There are] parties at all hours of the night, all days of the week. Last night specifically I think it was just them screaming at each other playing video games at 4 a.m."

Noise, garbage and smells, however, are far from the only concern to White, who lives one door down from Dejean-Jones.

White described a particularly vulgar incident that happened recently.

"I came home one day and I noticed there was a note on their door," White said. "Someone else posted it, it was not me. Someone wrote them a nice handwritten letter that said this is what you guys are doing; we do not appreciate it. We would like it if you guys showed more respect.

"A couple hours later that note was on my door with the words 'suck my d***' written on it because they thought I did it. I shrugged it off, put it back on their door and later that night they came pounding on my door with the letter. They were drunk and fights almost happened that night."

White said he has felt physically threatened before but does not believe that Dejean-Jones or his roommate will pursue physical violence.

"I do not feel like they are going to try and do anything physical towards me, but when my mom and friends come over, nobody likes being here," White said.

A person inside Dejean-Jones' apartment did not open the door and declined to comment.

People are making claims that Hoiberg specifically got the charge dismissed. I'm looking for someone to back that up, or for that claim to stop being made.

Because it's so unheard of for big fish in small ponds to have that kind of clout?

Guy sounds like a model citizen:

White said Hoiberg was very strict and direct with Dejean-Jones about his expectations for the senior transfer from UNLV and in White's words, "...did everything that a coach should have been doing."

White described the behavior of Dejean-Jones and his roommates in detail and explained why he could take it no longer.

"They outright leave their trash out in the hallways and there was one morning I came home and the trash was littered all over the hallway," White said. "There is puke in the hallways and every smell that comes into the hallway in this building has been linked to their unit. [There are] parties at all hours of the night, all days of the week. Last night specifically I think it was just them screaming at each other playing video games at 4 a.m."

Noise, garbage and smells, however, are far from the only concern to White, who lives one door down from Dejean-Jones.

White described a particularly vulgar incident that happened recently.

"I came home one day and I noticed there was a note on their door," White said. "Someone else posted it, it was not me. Someone wrote them a nice handwritten letter that said this is what you guys are doing; we do not appreciate it. We would like it if you guys showed more respect.

"A couple hours later that note was on my door with the words 'suck my d***' written on it because they thought I did it. I shrugged it off, put it back on their door and later that night they came pounding on my door with the letter. They were drunk and fights almost happened that night."

White said he has felt physically threatened before but does not believe that Dejean-Jones or his roommate will pursue physical violence.

"I do not feel like they are going to try and do anything physical towards me, but when my mom and friends come over, nobody likes being here," White said.

A person inside Dejean-Jones' apartment did not open the door and declined to comment.

Yeah. He's oozing class. I guess this is a guy Iowa State wants representing their basketball program and university. That's fine. Not my problem.

If he doesn't play I think Iowa wins by 8. If he does play I think Iowa wins by 8. As another poster said it's going to be about what Iowa does not what Iowa State does...or who plays IMO.

What probably bothers me the most with this whole story is the preferential treatment BDJ gets simply because he's a basketball player at ISU. Read this and tell me if any of this would have taken place had he been a normal everyday student:

According to Ames Police Department spokesman Geoff Huff:
Huff said Thursday wasn't the first time officers were called to the apartment in which Dejean-Jones lives.
"We've been out there more than five times this semester, trying to work on it – trying to resolve this (noise) issue," he said. "We've met with the residents. We've talked to the coaching staff. We've tried to solve the problem."
Huff added that an agreement was in place for apartment building residents to text Dejean-Jones if the noise became too loud.

The guy is a bum and its to bad. I hope he changes his ways. The wrestler from Iowa State sounds like a pretty good guy. He tried to work with him in the past but was unable to. There are probably real jerk athletes at Iowa, but I don't want to know about it. I have no desire to see the basketball player from Iowa state representing the university and play again at all. The athletic director at Iowa State should call a couple of the other schools he has been kicked out of before sending him on his way.

What probably bothers me the most with this whole story is the preferential treatment BDJ gets simply because he's a basketball player at ISU. Read this and tell me if any of this would have taken place had he been a normal everyday student:

Huff said Thursday wasn't the first time officers were called to the apartment in which Dejean-Jones lives.
"We've been out there more than five times this semester, trying to work on it – trying to resolve this (noise) issue," he said. "We've met with the residents. We've talked to the coaching staff. We've tried to solve the problem."
Huff added that an agreement was in place for apartment building residents to text Dejean-Jones if the noise became too loud.

The Ames PD must be a bunch of pu**ies. I'm sure BDJ looked carefully at each of those text messages and responded accordingly.

With multiple calls the only way to "solve the problem" is to arrest him, get him into the justice system. Clearly "The Mayor" is too weak to or, more likely, wholly disinterested in, keeping his model citizens in line.

Fred's approach is a cancer on Iowa State and more broadly on Ames.

Anyone who had any questions on how Coach Hoiberg runs his team? You can put an end to those discussions right now..

He was IMO the one big advantage ISU had in the game tomorrow. He'll be suspended, it's a bummer, I thought ISU would lose but keep it close, I think Iowa by 10 now.

Just the drug house charge IMO will likely blow over like it did for DJK but I highly doubt he'll play tomorrow.

Playing the honor before victory card when Jok never even was suspended 1 game is hilarious BTW.
DJK and the drug house situation still pisses me off. Incredibly stupid by DJK.

Clown fans over on CryFan blaming the neighbor for complaining to the cops about the loud noise and filth coming from BJD's apartment, totally absolving the player and praising Hoiberg for running such a clean program, are total losers. I dare any of them to spend one night, much less a week, living next to this cretin and his roomie.

Charges Dismissed