isu player arrested

Fred is having a press conference regarding the whole thing at 4pm. I think you can view it at this link:

http://www.kcci.com/live/22487230

You mean the protect my *** press conference to claim no knowledge of any issues with the young man and how unfortunate this situation is for his team.. Not going to hear Hoiberg say anything.. whaa whaa whaa.. The fact the police spoke to the ISU coaching staff is most alarming and this looks bad for him.

This will be blown off as a no biggie just wait and see..

Got nothing, huh?

You choose to live with your head in the sand, which is admirable. Hoiberg is a master at keeping his kids out of trouble in Ames and they've all become choir boys since they've stepped onto campus. This whole fiasco is nothing more than BDJ being too nice of a host and not wanting to tell his buddies that he could get in trouble for them smoking weed in his presence. What an unfortunate situation for him, hopefully all the Hawk fans in attendance tomorrow will give him a nice round of applause to show him that we support him through this terrible misunderstanding.

The main charge was dropped because there is no cause that it is a "drug house" -- not that he won't face a charge for marijuana possession. Possessing the latter doesn't mean the former.

The charges being dropped have nothing to do with the police. It was a judge.

People are flinging all kinds of crap here and just demonstrating their stupidity. Probably smoking too much weed and burned up brain cells

Last edited by a moderator:
Fair move by Hoiberg. Better to reign a player in for the long haul than not suspend him and have him learn no lesson.

You choose to live with your head in the sand, which is admirable. Hoiberg is a master at keeping his kids out of trouble in Ames and they've all become choir boys since they've stepped onto campus. This whole fiasco is nothing more than BDJ being too nice of a host and not wanting to tell his buddies that he could get in trouble for them smoking weed in his presence. What an unfortunate situation for him, hopefully all the Hawk fans in attendance tomorrow will give him a nice round of applause to show him that we support him through this terrible misunderstanding.
I'm sure Hoiberg has some clout in Ames.

I'm also sure proof he somehow got charges against BDJ dismissed will not be forthcoming from this font of cold hard facts.

What I have learned about Fred in this thread: he has an Al Capone level of reach with a thoroughly corrupt police force and legal system in story county. Amazing he couldn't make the charges disappear for Nader and Thomas.

What I have learned about Fred in this thread: he has an Al Capone level of reach with a thoroughly corrupt police force and legal system in story county. Amazing he couldn't make the charges disappear for Nader and Thomas.
And you obviously have proof of this.

Which you'll post now.

It's fine, I know when you haven't got a legitimate answer to the point I made, you just attack me personally.

I'm just responding to the quote about Iowa fans being better with a quote from a former player to Iowa fans. Seems timely.

I'm sure Hoiberg has some clout in Ames.

I'm also sure proof he somehow got charges against BDJ dismissed will not be forthcoming from this font of cold hard facts.

Of course there won't be proof. I would like to think Hoiberg would be a little smarter than to announce that in his press conference.

Why don't you offer your expert insight into why you think the charges were dropped. Do you really buy that the police didn't have probable cause to enter an apartment after they smelled weed coming from it?

I had to laugh while watching the press conference. One of the ISU players kept referring to the incident as "wrong place, wrong time" for Bryce Desean-Jones....ITS HIS F*CKING HOUSE! There is no wrong place wrong time WHEN YOU LIVE THERE.

Hilarious

It's fine, I know when you haven't got a legitimate answer to the point I made, you just attack me personally.

This kid is so dense that he doesn't even realize that he is arguing with another ISU fan that agrees with him. Genius this one...

Of course there won't be proof. I would like to think Hoiberg would be a little smarter than to announce that in his press conference.

It won't stop anyone here from proclaiming that's the reason though, will it?

Why don't you offer your expert insight into why you think the charges were dropped. Do you really buy that the police didn't have probable cause to enter an apartment after they smelled weed coming from it?

You don't think some procedural screw-up by the Ames PD is a little bit more likely than Hoiberg's far-reaching tendrils pulling strings at the Story County courthouse and getting charges thrown out? I'm sure it's fun to believe that, but hardly realistic.