isu player arrested

The amount of Hawkeye fans in here that think their players are somehow inherently better or above this sort of behavior is sad. College kids are college kids regardless if they go to school in Ames or Iowa City.
Nobody said our athletes were better we just don't have a head coach who's in bed with the cops like you do.

Not a chance he misses the Iowa game. Wins above all else is the mantra in Ames. ISU athletics has a history of letting 2 time convicted felons play.

and Fran tried his hardest to get a convicted felon fresh out of prison to play until Hubbard up and punked him and left. What you're point. When you're not a blue blood, you have to take risks sometimes.

I'll give you the benefit of the doubt since evidently you were born yesterday.
So, you're just sticking with conjecture then.

The Register, meanwhile, is reporting (with, you know, actual facts!) that he may still be charged. Which damages your fantasy theory a bit. Also, if Hoiberg could seriously make the charges disappear, you think he couldn't make the noise complaint go away too? Don't be foolish.

http://www.desmoinesregister.com/st...-state-star-is-in-story-county-jail/20241783/

I would think the noise complaint will go away too as it is now reported the decibel level was only 60. Sounds like the cops were just annoyed they kept having to go back there.

The article indicates that only the drug related charge is in play. The other two charges remain in effect.....

I'm guessing the Ames chief of police and the Story County Attorney didn't want to jeopardize their front row seats to Clown athletic events.

So, you're just sticking with conjecture then.

The Register, meanwhile, is reporting (with, you know, actual facts!) that he may still be charged. Which damages your fantasy theory a bit. Also, if Hoiberg could seriously make the charges disappear, you think he couldn't make the noise complaint go away too? Don't be foolish.

http://www.desmoinesregister.com/st...-state-star-is-in-story-county-jail/20241783/

"Police were called to Dejean-Jones’ apartment around 3 a.m. Thursday due to a noise complaint. The ISU senior answered the door and officers smelled burnt marijuana, according to Ames police commander Geoff Huff. The charge of hosting a drug house is a serious misdemeanor.

Dejean-Jones’ apartment had been an issue for local police recently as they’d visited it five separate times due to noise complaints. Huff said they worked with Dejean-Jones, other residents of the building and the ISU men’s basketball coaching staff to alleviate the issue, even creating a system for other residents to text Dejean-Jones if noise was became an issue."

Yes because that is a luxury afforded to all students in Ames, right? Just call the ISU men's coaching staff to 'alleviate the issue'. Again, I'll give you the benefit of the doubt since you were evidently born yesterday. I may be foolish but you're just naive.

"Police were called to Dejean-Jones’ apartment around 3 a.m. Thursday due to a noise complaint. The ISU senior answered the door and officers smelled burnt marijuana, according to Ames police commander Geoff Huff. The charge of hosting a drug house is a serious misdemeanor.

Dejean-Jones’ apartment had been an issue for local police recently as they’d visited it five separate times due to noise complaints. Huff said they worked with Dejean-Jones, other residents of the building and the ISU men’s basketball coaching staff to alleviate the issue, even creating a system for other residents to text Dejean-Jones if noise was became an issue."

Yes because that is a luxury afforded to all students in Ames, right? Just call the ISU men's coaching staff to 'alleviate the issue'. Again, I'll give you the benefit of the doubt since you were evidently born yesterday. I may be foolish but you're just naive.

Thats fascinating, but I asked for someone to provide some sort of proof that Hoiberg made the charges disappear. This isn't that proof, is it?

EDIT: Also, DEAR GOD, an athlete was afforded a luxury not afforded to all students? Stop the freaking presses.

Last edited:

Latest posts