isu player arrested

Did they not say that the police smelled weed? Is that not probable cause or did weed become legal while I was sleeping?
You gotta problem with it?
ncb_a_iowats_600x400.jpg

I hope he plays. No Excuses

If he doesn't, and Iowa wins, this would be a solid entry in the pre-defined Clown excuses arsenal.

At current, they are at:
1. The Officiating
2. Off night / early in the season but they are still the better team.
3. Mckay can't play until Dec 20th.

Very impressive array of excuses right out of the box.

I expect KXNO and the other Clown fans to use this a firm base for their current "Even if they don't make it anywhere near the Final Four, they are still a Final Four team" season.

If he doesn't, and Iowa wins, this would be a solid entry in the pre-defined Clown excuses arsenal.

At current, they are at:
1. The Officiating
2. Off night / early in the season but they are still the better team.
3. Mckay can't play until Dec 20th.

Very impressive array of excuses right out of the box.

I expect KXNO and the other Clown fans to use this a firm base for their current "Even if they don't make it anywhere near the Final Four, they are still a Final Four team" season.

It is pretty comical that even before this CF was making excuses by calling this "Iowa's Super Bowl" (lolololol) and blaming the officials.

From what I've gathered he was letting people smoke at his house. Not a smart thing to do, but not like he was selling (or at least caught selling). The police were tipped from the noise complaint.

He'll probably get a suspension, but I honestly wouldn't be upset if he didn't (as bad as that sounds). I assume you guys wouldn't be that upset given Jok didn't get any suspension and no one around here seemed to have a problem with it.

Bottom line, college athletes do the dumbest things at times. Must have a sense of invincibility.

No, the bottom line is that he was allowing others to toke in his house. He's getting second-hand smoke. Yeah, it's the same as if they were smoking tobacco, second-hand smoke. If there are enough smoking in his house, he could easily test positive by NCAA rules and will be lost to ISU for the season. Doesn't matter if he's in Iowa or a state where it's legal to use; NCAA does not take that into account, just like the NFL, NBA and MLB do not.

The amount of Hawkeye fans in here that think their players are somehow inherently better or above this sort of behavior is sad. College kids are college kids regardless if they go to school in Ames or Iowa City.

No way does this happen to a regular person in any other town in the state....

I don't remember Clayborn facing any real consequences following his assault charge before the 2009 season. This sort of thing happens everywhere. Don't pretend it doesn't happen here.

I don't know. I think Freddy could justify it by saying all chargers were dropped. On the other hand, if he was found with weed by the cops, you would think that would be some violation of team rules and come with some form of discipline. I don't know all the details, so I guess it will all depend on what FH finds out and how much he cares about that sort of thing.

I think they should administer an NCAA approved drug test. They would get the results in less than an hour. If he passes, he plays.

I agree. I will say I find it hilarious that the transfer epidemic in Ames has finally resulted in a stupid incident. However minor it may be doesn't matter to me. It was just pretty incredible how lucky Fred has been so far with some of the risks he has taken. You knew it was bound to happen sooner or later.

With that said, I'm with you. I wanted to see the two teams go at each other without any excuses. Now ISU has a big excuse.

I'm pretty sure cyfans would have an excuse either way. I'll go out on a limb and predict cyfans will cry about the refs, announcers, fans, arena, city, cops, coaches, and 10-15 other things. Refs of course will be the number one complaint. It always is even when they win. According to cyfan the team hasn't committed a foul yet in basketball or football.

Not a chance he misses the Iowa game. Wins above all else is the mantra in Ames. ISU athletics has a history of letting 2 time convicted felons play.

Latest posts