isu player arrested

This gets better and better...this guy was a freakin idiot.

"Police were called to Dejean-Jones’ apartment around 3 a.m. Thursday due to a noise complaint. The ISU senior answered the door and officers smelled burnt marijuana, according to Ames police commander Geoff Huff. The charge of hosting a drug house is a serious misdemeanor.

Dejean-Jones’ apartment had been an issue for local police recently as they’d visited it five separate times due to noise complaints. Huff said they worked with Dejean-Jones, other residents of the building and the ISU men’s basketball coaching staff to alleviate the issue, even creating a system for other residents to text Dejean-Jones if noise was became an issue."

Wow....this is the difference between LAmes and IC. In IC on the first call the arrest happens.....in LAmes they get ahold of Da Mayor, and he "takes care of it".

I don't think Da Mayor will take kindly to BJD on this one. If the coaches were already involved obviously they had to have told him multiple times to knock it the f*ck off.

Im not going to dance around about this young man having his head up is ***. I would prefer Iowa beat ISU with this kid playing.

Im not going to dance around about this young man having his head up is ***. I would prefer Iowa beat ISU with this kid playing.

I agree. I will say I find it hilarious that the transfer epidemic in Ames has finally resulted in a stupid incident. However minor it may be doesn't matter to me. It was just pretty incredible how lucky Fred has been so far with some of the risks he has taken. You knew it was bound to happen sooner or later.

With that said, I'm with you. I wanted to see the two teams go at each other without any excuses. Now ISU has a big excuse.

I assume you guys wouldn't be that upset given Jok didn't get any suspension and no one around here seemed to have a problem with it.

Refresh my memory. Did Jok get arrested for a felony the day before a game? Misdemeanor arrests months before a game is significantly different than a felony arrest the day before a game. Apples to oranges.

Refresh my memory. Did Jok get arrested for a felony the day before a game? Misdemeanor arrests months before a game is significantly different than a felony arrest the day before a game. Apples to oranges.

True dat. Most arrests take place during the off season, or an off weeks......Yet right before a game, after the cops have been to the apartment 5 times? Kid just aint that bright, or thinks a different set of rules applies to him.

I don't see how they can let it go. It's been shown that he's had multiple chances and apparently he just
23775833.jpg

I'm glad we have never had anyone be arrested for something like this or any other charge at our institution!

Whew, thank goodness he wasn't arrested for a felony then.

Register reporting police had been there "more than five times" this semester to deal with noise complaints. Also reporting they did find maryjane in the apartment, after going and getting a warrant. (The toilet don't work? Come on, man!)

WHO poll on if he should play is here.

Don't care if he plays or not, not my decision. If it were, he'd be benched and running a crap load of killers (10 for each charge, 10 more for each cop visit to the apartment, and one for every dollar of bond assessed) before getting back on the floor. But that's me. I'm kind of a hard *** about following the law.

Should be interesting to see what The Mayor and Pollard choose to do here.

Reporting now that the charges have been dropped. Oooooookay???

According to Register, it was dropped because police "lacked probable cause" to make the arrest.

I guess a search warrant isn't enough in Ames?

The odor alone is probable cause and until lab tests come back, it is "suspected" to be illegal drugs.

Since when is a serious misdemeanor a felony?

So, he will play against Iowa? :(
I don't know. I think Freddy could justify it by saying all chargers were dropped. On the other hand, if he was found with weed by the cops, you would think that would be some violation of team rules and come with some form of discipline. I don't know all the details, so I guess it will all depend on what FH finds out and how much he cares about that sort of thing.