Hoiberg to Nebraska

I guess I can understand the appeal since they've never won an NCAA tournament game (which is insane to me). If he wins a game or two in the NCAA's he will be a legend there. They actually have a nice arena and Hoiberg has plenty of NBA ties so I can see him easily doing better than Miles in recruiting...if he puts in the effort.

Coming out of high school, Hoiberg had to choose between going to Nebby as their starting QB or ISU to play basketball...ultimately chose b-ball and ISU, but it was honestly a close call up to the end...so he definitely has close ties to Nebraska...

How so? Different conference and the clowns have no opening. His life is supposed to revolve around not pissing off his alma maters fans? Better tell that to gable. Mccarney and hundreds of other coaches across America

Aha...knew you weren't really an "oldhawk"

I feel bad for Miles because it was handled so poorly by Moos, but hard to argue with the move if Hoiberg is the replacement.

<<handled so poorly by Moos>>

That's basically a cut-and-paste you save for any Nebraska article one might be forced to write

Coming out of high school, Hoiberg had to choose between going to Nebby as their starting QB or ISU to play basketball...ultimately chose b-ball and ISU, but it was honestly a close call up to the end...so he definitely has close ties to Nebraska...

Can't imagine why he'd go to Nebraska other that this old tie. He doesn't need the money. If he wants to be back in the NBA he doesn't have to "prove himself" at Nebraska. Reportedly he doesn't like recruiting. I really don't get it. IF this happens...there must be some connection to Nebraska.

Can't imagine why he'd go to Nebraska other that this old tie. He doesn't need the money. If he wants to be back in the NBA he doesn't have to "prove himself" at Nebraska. Reportedly he doesn't like recruiting. I really don't get it. IF this happens...there must be some connection to Nebraska.
Honest question: will Nebby let him just take the bad boy cast-offs other programs jettison, like that scum Pollard allowed him to do in Lames?

Honest question: will Nebby let him just take the bad boy cast-offs other programs jettison, like that scum Pollard allowed him to do in Lames?

They've never won a tournament game, ever. I'm sure they'll let him do whatever he wants.

Also doing it 'the right way' hasn't exactly blossomed into years of postseason sucess on our end.

Aha...knew you weren't really an "oldhawk"
What the hell are you talking about? I just don’t sleep in a herky blanky and rub myself to the fight song to go to sleep at night. I’m objective. Fred will start the junior college and 4 yr transfer thing all over again and make red face’s two games a living hell again. Not rooting for this but can see it coming a mile away

Hasn’t their football program been doing that forever? I’m sure they have the green light. I’m also sure the b10 has given them certain allowances when they joined as that had to have been one of the obvious sticking points

He will make Fran his whipping boy. This isn’t good

Ehhh I don't know about that. ISU had a fair amount of success in the 90's and 00's before Hoiberg arrived. They had a base to build from and had put players in the NBA. Nebraska has literally had zero success in the entire history of their program. They've never won an NCAA tournament game. They put no one in the NBA. It will be harder for him at Nebraska than it was at Iowa State, no question.

Ehhh I don't know about that. ISU had a fair amount of success in the 90's and 00's before Hoiberg arrived. They had a base to build from and had put players in the NBA. Nebraska has literally had zero success in the entire history of their program. They've never won an NCAA tournament game. They put no one in the NBA. It will be harder for him at Nebraska than it was at Iowa State, no question.
He had a pretty decent Chicago pipeline recruiting wise at ISU. It will be interesting if he can land Chicago kids again or steal recruits from the Jayhawks or K State at Lincoln . The real question is why the hell do we not have a Chicago pipeline being so close?

Latest posts