Hoiberg to Nebraska

There is no way Cyclone fans want him gone. He’s won 3 Big 12 Championships and gone to a sweet 16 and make the NCAA all but 1 year. Iowa hasn’t had that kind of March success in 20 years combined!
The difference between the two programs is...one has expectations, the other doesn’t. I’ll let you fill in the blanks. Take your time.

Wow, that would upset a lot of Cyclone fans. There are as many Clown fans that want Steve Prohm gone and re-sign Hoiberg as there are Hawk fans that want Fran gone.

Which is ridiculous. Loved what Fred did in Ames, but he left to chase his dream and good for him. Prohm is the guy and I'm happy to have him.

It would be tough to see Fred coaching anywhere in college again, but I would think he'll probably have success.

And as soon as he lost Fred's players he missed the NCAA, even though he had 2 full recruiting classes to recruit before Fred's players were gone. This team is ok, finished .500 in an ok league, not bad, but not anywhere near what Fred was doing, or what Prohm could do with real talent like Fred left him.

Quite a bit of a reach here....

Prohm didn't even get to ISU until middle of June in 2015. The timing of Hoiberg leaving couldn't have been worse from a recruiting standpoint. In addition to that, Hoiberg missed on a few recruits simply because of the rumors he might not be there. Prohm actually did quite well considering how tough it would be to fill the shoes and yes he had a down year last year, but he also has probably ISU's best recruting class in school history this year. They had a disappointing finish to the regular season, but its clear he didn't lose the team as they beat 3 tournament teams in 3 days.

Wishful thinking for Fred to go to Nebraska. He hated recruiting and he didn't really like living in a smaller town. Recruiting to Iowa State for b-ball is far easier than recruiting kids to Nebraska, and Lincoln is no metropolis. And by the way, a vast majority of Clone fans support Prohm, the ones who don't are hidden hawk trolls, morons, or both. He loves recruiting, his classes have ranked above Fred's every year.

Rumors floating (per Nebraska fans) around that he will be the next Nebraska B-ball coach. I think it is just wishful thinking from Huskers, maybe they'll get lucky and land Alford.
What a click bait- ass thread title.

But hey i fell for it...
Yup. I suspect ol’ Estron here is just trying to stir the pot a little bit. Git some clicks here fir the next few days until teh Hawks take on Cincy.

Quite a bit of a reach here....

Prohm didn't even get to ISU until middle of June in 2015. The timing of Hoiberg leaving couldn't have been worse from a recruiting standpoint. In addition to that, Hoiberg missed on a few recruits simply because of the rumors he might not be there. Prohm actually did quite well considering how tough it would be to fill the shoes and yes he had a down year last year, but he also has probably ISU's best recruting class in school history this year. They had a disappointing finish to the regular season, but its clear he didn't lose the team as they beat 3 tournament teams in 3 days.

I'm not saying Prohm is bad, I'm saying he isn't as good as Hoiberg, and I don't think it is really debatable.

I hope Nebraska doesn't pluck one of Fran's assistants. Perhaps time for our AD to make a move to keep the staff in place! He has abundant cash at hand and wants to prove he is a leader, destined for other higher positions in the NCAA cesspool hierarchy.

:p:p:p

I'm not saying Prohm is bad, I'm saying he isn't as good as Hoiberg, and I don't think it is really debatable.

I think they just have different strengths. If Prohm can take whoever is left after this year's team to the NCAA next year that will help his cause.

What a click bait- ass thread title.

But hey i fell for it...
consider it an early April's Fools joke from me to you
Yup. I suspect ol’ Estron here is just trying to stir the pot a little bit. Git some clicks here fir the next few days until teh Hawks take on Cincy.
Consider it an early April Fool's joke, but there are some Nebraska fans on social media talking about this.

consider it an early April's Fools joke from me to you

Consider it an early April Fool's joke, but there are some Nebraska fans on social media talking about this.

Yeah - there should have been a question mark at he end bro.

th

Nebraska has a coach that likes to be there... It'd be hard to find someone else willing to stay there as long as Miles already has been. If I'm Nebby they should just realize who they are. Borderline NCAA team year in and year out with a clunker here and there. They'll get in dance now and then but to expect it would be asking a lot. Careful what they wish for if they think coaches out there would trip over each other for that gig because I don't think so... Hoiberg sure as hell isn't. I'd be shocked if he'd take it. Miles is a quirky fellow but loves being there. He's as good of a fit as they'll ever get. They'd be pretty dumb to fire him. But I say that as an Iowa fan so what do I know..

If Hoiberg took the Nebraska job, I would be worried as a Hawkeye fan. I don't want to face him teams twice a year.

If Hoiberg took the Nebraska job, I would be worried as a Hawkeye fan. I don't want to face him teams twice a year.
I think he would do well there if were to ever get it too. It'd be a dream hire for them really. But it's a pipe dream for them. We have a better chance of getting Bob Stoops out of retirement to replace KF.

I don't think Nebraska fires Miles...although this is the perfect time to do it. They lose their 3 top players to graduation next year, plus a forward who played 20 MPG, so they're looking at a rebuild again.

If Miles couldn't make the dance this year...not sure when he can?

Of course that's the media coming up with Hoibergs name... I doubt this is something leaked from Hoiberg or his agents side of things like is sometimes done. I'd be surprised that if he wants back into coaching college ball that Nebraska would be the place he'd do it. If Nebraska could get Fred they'd fire Miles yesterday and do it. Who thinks Freddy would stay at Neb long enough to see anyone in his first class graduate if he took it?

Latest posts