Hoiberg to Nebraska

I also wonder if Fred didn't like working for Pollard? I know someone who was a coach at ISU (smaller sport) my friend said that they quit because Pollard was an ass to work for.

Nebraska has top of the line facilities and top 10 fan support. They also have decent hoops recruits in state. If I was their AD, I'd have demands on whomever I hired. You can only take advantage of your fan loyalty for so long before they stop showing up. Just ask Gutless.

Whelp, time to start taking Nebraska seriously. A part of me laughs because this is a real sore spot for Clown fans but the other part of me dreads Nebraska becoming relevant in basketball.

I can see Freddie getting the shooty hoops in contention even quicker than Frosty and football. It'll be interesting to see what talent he can draw to UNL.

Whelp, time to start taking Nebraska seriously. A part of me laughs because this is a real sore spot for Clown fans but the other part of me dreads Nebraska becoming relevant in basketball.

I wouldn't worry about that. It's not like he will stick around long enough to convert them into a blue blood. Worst case scenario they are good for a few years and he moves on.

I know for a fact Prohm and Campbell love him.

So you know Prohm and Campbell personally? LOL Bryce, nice try.

I also noticed you ignored a couple posts of mine to you. How is the Big12 tournament championship feeling for ya now? Would you trade that for a win vs OSU so you could play another game in the NCAA tournament?

Also I saw ya talking about good old @deanvogs on Cryclownfantasies. Even after what 5 years of not posting on that site (Banned because they fear me), I am still on their minds over there.

I think on CF I responded that you still post here, which is 100% true.

I don't know either personally. However with Campbell is obvious - he has an out in his contract if Pollard ever leaves. You don't put that in your contract unless you like the guy. Prohm I've heard from multiple people who know more than me that he likes Pollard a lot. I guess everyone could be lying to me.

So they like the guy that hired them and gave them a nice contract. Wow...who'd a thunk?

I don't know either personally. However with Campbell is obvious - he has an out in his contract if Pollard ever leaves. You don't put that in your contract unless you like the guy. Prohm I've heard from multiple people who know more than me that he likes Pollard a lot. I guess everyone could be lying to me.

Big 12 tournament still feels great. Honestly, I probably wouldn't trade the Big 12 tourney for just a win vs. OSU if we lost the next round. As I've said a million times around here, not because the Big 12 tourney is more important than the NCAA's, because it's clearly not. But because again, I was the Big 12 tournament, my wife and I left the kids which we don't often do, and I had an absolute ball. So personally, I wouldn't trade that for 1 win in the NCAA tourney because I'm a selfish fan and ultimately I'm here for my own pleasure. I'd absolutely trade it to be in the Sweet 16 back in KC, because it'd go there.

You would rather win the Big12 CONFERENCE TOURNAMEN over playing in the round of 32 vs Houston? That doesn’t make you a selfish fan, that makes you a bad fan, or dare I say even an idiot. Never did I say you would win or lose the round of 32, I’m saying just the opportunity of playing in the round of 32 is 100 x greater than a conference tournament title, it isn’t even close.

Big 12 tournament still feels great. Honestly, I probably wouldn't trade the Big 12 tourney for just a win vs. OSU if we lost the next round. As I've said a million times around here, not because the Big 12 tourney is more important than the NCAA's, because it's clearly not. But because again, I was the Big 12 tournament, my wife and I left the kids which we don't often do, and I had an absolute ball. So personally, I wouldn't trade that for 1 win in the NCAA tourney because I'm a selfish fan and ultimately I'm here for my own pleasure. I'd absolutely trade it to be in the Sweet 16 back in KC, because it'd go there.

Prohm has the out in his contract if Pollard leaves because he may not like the next guy, right? Or, the next guy may not like him.

I agree, it's a much better opportunity, one that I wouldn't be in attendance for. So since I wouldn't be there, I'd rather the thing that I got to be a part of go better. If that makes me a bad fan I'll wear that. Did you even read my post?

Yep I read it. Just wanted to reiterate what a bad fan you were. ;)

Just saw that ESPN is reporting that Hoiberg to Nebraska is basically a done deal. I honestly thought there was no way he would take that job and go back to college coaching.