Hoiberg to Nebraska

It would be a huge F U to ISU that's for sure.
No, it wouldn't. We have moved on from Fred, he did a good job revitalizing the program, but he wasn't meant for the long term at Iowa State, Prohm is. If Fred does take the Nebraska job, he will succeed, but he won't be there more than 5-6 years. The NBA is where he wants to be.

No, it wouldn't. We have moved on from Fred, he did a good job revitalizing the program, but he wasn't meant for the long term at Iowa State, Prohm is. If Fred does take the Nebraska job, he will succeed, but he won't be there more than 5-6 years. The NBA is where he wants to be.
As a head coach or working in a front office? That's the question.

I don't think many were thinking that the day Fred was hired at ISU. Or any day leading up to when he took the Bulls job. Pretty sure most thought ISU had their next Johnny Orr with him but better... After the fact rationalizing is what it is
I suppose

I think your right about him using Neb as a stepping stone job though. The problem with that is how much higher than where they currently are or have been under Miles at times can they get? I think their ceiling is pretty low it's not like he'll get them to win the BIG anytime soon if ever. For that reason alone if your Neb would you hire him? I mean if the goal is to be better than what Miles was but for only a year or two maybe 3 and then go coach hunting again how does that move your program 'forward'? If your most likely starting back where you were prior to letting Miles go anyway? I dunno maybe I'm reading into looking too far down the road but that's where my head is

It would be a huge F U to ISU that's for sure.
How so? Different conference and the clowns have no opening. His life is supposed to revolve around not pissing off his alma maters fans? Better tell that to gable. Mccarney and hundreds of other coaches across America

There were those fans that thought it was impossible he was going t leave ISU, but those were stupid fans. From day 1 at ISU he was talking about the NBA and how the best minds in the country are coaching there, how he generally still watches NBA games, and he had a contract with a MUCH smaller buyout for an NBA team than another college team. His goal was always to coach in the NBA and that was clear from every possible indication.

As to Nebraska's goals, probably just to get something done in the NCAA tourney. He never won the league at ISU (or ever really got close) either. But if he can make the tourney like 3 times in a row and make a sweet 16, he'd be the best coach they've ever had by a mile.
I don't know what I'd rather coach. A really bad Bulls team or ISU. His days were always numbered with the Bulls. He had the security of staying at ISU as long as he wanted. They weren't going to ever get bad enough for them to consider firing him. Taking the Bulls gig was a 2-5 yr thing at best. To each their own on what a guy prefers I suppose.

Even those are some crazy lofty goals for what to get Neb to in a short period of time. I'm sure they'd take that in a heart beat and if Miles coulda gotten them to that he'd not be on hot seat/or gone

If Hoiberg does decide to take the job, all he has to do is make the tournament twice and win one game in it to be their best coach ever.

I hope Nebraska doesn't pluck one of Fran's assistants. Perhaps time for our AD to make a move to keep the staff in place! He has abundant cash at hand and wants to prove he is a leader, destined for other higher positions in the NCAA cesspool hierarchy.
I love the smell of sarcasm in the morning...

Unless Fred lands at a bigger school (UCLA) I think hes going to have a hard time. Transfer recruiting isnt the same as when he was doing it at ISU, with a lot more teams hitting the market. If he truly hated recruiting like some have said, he could have a tough go getting kids to Nebraska.

Hoiberg and Frost - A coaching bromance on the horizon. If you thought Husker fans were already insufferable, just wait for this to happen.

Now Nebraska has a better head coach than Iowa. But "If you fire Fran, who is Iowa going to get better?" I don't know but Nebraska doesn't think that way obviously.

I feel bad for Miles because it was handled so poorly by Moos, but hard to argue with the move if Hoiberg is the replacement.

Latest posts