Hoiberg to Nebraska

Just saw that ESPN is reporting that Hoiberg to Nebraska is basically a done deal. I honestly thought there was no way he would take that job and go back to college coaching.
I'm assuming that he'll be around a Top 3 highest paid coach plus a gigantic buyout along with probably a private jet and a promise from local PD that misbehaving players will be handled with very soft gloves.

This is bad news for Fran. Fran better get it together quick heading into year 10 and up the transfer and recruiting game because Fred is going to own him in year 1. Iowa will be an afterthought to Nebraska.

Nebraska has created huge excitement and national exposure with their two hires under new AD. Impressive. Barta has not created much excitement nor national buzz on any level with his coaching hires or extensions (more a punchline actually).

Now Iowa has to go up against Fred 2x a year. Ugh.

This is bad news for Fran. Fran better get it together quick heading into year 10 and up the transfer and recruiting game because Fred is going to own him in year 1. Iowa will be an afterthought to Nebraska.

Nebraska has created huge excitement and national exposure with their two hires under new AD. Impressive. Barta has not created much excitement nor national buzz on any level with his coaching hires or extensions (more a punchline actually).

Moos is a jerkoff, but it appears that he knows what he's doing when it comes to hiring coaches.

Nebby
A 6 year old could have hired Frost. As for Hoiberg, I still don't get it. His ties to Nebraska must be more than meets the eye.

The 46-year-old has ties to Nebraska. He was born in Lincoln and his grandfather, Jerry Bush, was the Cornhuskers’ coach from 1954-63. Also offered football scholarship there to play football. And 25 mil for 7 years.

This is bad. I think Hoiberg is a fantastic college coach. I really didn't want him anywhere near the B1G. Nebraska will be formidable for the foreseeable future.

A 6-year-old wouldn't have hired Todd Lickliter, though. :cool:

That's not fair. At the time the hire was respectable and reasonable. Some power 5 team was taking TL that offseason. In hindsight we just ended up the losers.

Nebby

The 46-year-old has ties to Nebraska. He was born in Lincoln and his grandfather, Jerry Bush, was the Cornhuskers’ coach from 1954-63. Also offered football scholarship there to play football. And 25 mil for 7 years.

Yes, I know all that...it just seems like pretty distant past. (the most recent connection is nearly 30 years old).

He'd of gotten the $$ anywhere.

I don’t care about Cyclone fans opinions of the hire, it really doesn’t effect their program. I am worried as a Hawkeye fan, not excited to see him on the opponents bench twice a year

now that its a done deal, the question is: will he steal in-state talent away from Iowa/Ia. St./UNI/Drake?

now that its a done deal, the question is: will he steal in-state talent away from Iowa/Ia. St./UNI/Drake?
Yes, Fred will look for any opportunity, especially fast imo....but over time, Fred will do exactly what he did at ISU.....he will find a way to get the job done, and do it with whomever. If Fred could have gone to any other school but Nebraska. I saw a series of tweets in an article , all from ISU fans, of course, wishing him good luck, code words for "beat Iowa at any cost"

RRRRROFLLLLLL

Latest posts