Hoiberg to Nebraska

I assumed Hoiberg would take a year or two off before getting back into an NBA front office or trying to get into the Timberwolves either as a coach or front office guy.

Recruiting Nebraska sounds miserable.

I assumed Hoiberg would take a year or two off before getting back into an NBA front office or trying to get into the Timberwolves either as a coach or front office guy.

Recruiting Nebraska sounds miserable.
It's the B1G. Huge, easy money.

Who wouldn't want to sign a gigantic contract structured so that if you get fired for being horrible at your job you still get six-figure checks every month for the next 3-4 years?

It's what makes college coaching in basketball and football so stupid.

No way Hoiberg goes to Nebraska. Not happening.
Why not? And how confident are you?

Like bet your mortgage confident?

To be clear I don't give two shits where he goes or who coaches the huskers, but I'm curious as to why you think there's no way.

Here are what Huskers fans are saying about this...........

"If true, Nebraska has instantly become a basketball school. Ha!"

"his grandpa was head coach at Nebraska in the 60s. Has a family member in Lincoln. But I’m still shocked this might happen."

"If not Hoiberg then bring on Steve Alford"

"Wow! Good hire if true."
"
I've been saying for 2 months he's the first call we have to make. Kind of a no-brainer here."

"I still have my doubts he wants it though"

"Hoiberg would be a great hire too!"

"I've been calling his name for half a year now. This would be absolutely awesome"

"Y’all are crazy if you’d rather have miles over Hoiberg if he is indeed interested. Forget his nba. Look at what he did with Iowa state. He’s a good college coach and levels above miles."

"Poor choice to be a front runner. His record as head coach in college and NBA isn’t great. I’d take Tim Miles over Fred Hoinerg."

"Those of you who would rather have Miles than Hoiberg, must not care too much about NU hoops. This is a fantastic upgrade from Miles. The guy’s resume is great."

"Good short term hire. He’s looking for his next ticket back to Aims though."

"Ohhhh yeah! The Governor is coming to Lincoln!"

"Yeah I bet Fred can’t wait to coach here. What a joke"

How bout Fran to Nebraska and Hoiberg to Iowa?
Why would Fran give up his favorite shitter and move to another shithole like Nebraska?
tumblr_mdld91TMPK1qe61euo1_500.jpg

When are they going to to announce the NIT brackets?

They used to do it immediately after the NCAA's were announced. Nebraska certainly played themselves into NIT consideration last week, considering how strong their metrics have been all year. The question is, would an NIT run save Miles' job. I would like to think so, but perhaps the AD's mind has been made up for a while.

He’s actually already still getting 5 million from the bulls. If he wants to coach there it’s not about the money, it’s about wanting to be back on the court.
If partly disagree. I can’t think of easier money in regards to job security relative to dollar amount than being a head coach of a P5/P6 football or basketball coach. Once you sign that contract you can literally be the worst in the nation at your job and get paid millions and millions of dollars with no threat to your paycheck as long as you don’t get arrested or do something scandalous.

Contrary to what you might think hanging out here, college coaches don’t even get a fraction of the hate they do on pro teams,

You’d be a fool not to take a Big Ten HC job for $15 or $20 million guaranteed. Don’t like my performance...who cares? Fire me. I’ll go lay out on my yacht and collect your six figure checks every month for the next three or four years.

Don’t start getting the idea that just because he’s already rich that he doesn’t want more money. If anything that makes a person want it worse.

Why not? And how confident are you?

Like bet your mortgage confident?

To be clear I don't give two shits where he goes or who coaches the huskers, but I'm curious as to why you think there's no way.

I'm not who you quoted but hoiberg said he hated recruiting. On top of that he had a 5 year $25M contract that has one year remaining on it, fully guaranteed

So he's getting paid to not work for another year. Why the hell would he take the Nebraska job? Smart money says he waits for a better opening....NBA or college. UCLA is out there. There's a bunch of scandals breaking that could lead to vacancies in Arizona, Kansas, Miami, etc. Not to mention the NBA openings.

Nebraska just makes zero sense

I'm not who you quoted but hoiberg said he hated recruiting. On top of that he had a 5 year $25M contract that has one year remaining on it, fully guaranteed

So he's getting paid to not work for another year. Why the hell would he take the Nebraska job?
Because he could make another easy peasy $20M guaranteed?

He found out the NBA (pros) is a wood chipper of a shit job. Just like Spurrier, Saban, and Harbaugh did.

Nebraska is a school that no one expects to win, small market, small town, huge Big Ten money, all of it guaranteed, I’m not seeing the downside.

You’d literally be going into a job with people expecting you to be below average and they don’t care.

So he's getting paid to not work for another year. Why the hell would he take the Nebraska job? Smart money says he waits for a better opening....NBA or college. UCLA is out there. There's a bunch of scandals breaking that could lead to vacancies in Arizona, Kansas, Miami, etc. Not to mention the NBA openings.

Nebraska just makes zero sense

Your last statement is why I don't think there's any truth to the rumor. Of all the places to return to coaching he's going to choose Nebraska of all places?

Because he could make another easy peasy $20M guaranteed?

He found out the NBA (pros) is a wood chipper of a shit job. Just like Spurrier, Saban, and Harbaugh did.

Nebraska is a school that no one expects to win, small market, small town, huge Big Ten money, all of it guaranteed, I’m not seeing the downside.

You’d literally be going into a job with people expecting you to be below average and they don’t care.

...and you're living in Lincoln...

Totally get that. You or I wouldn’t be caught dead in that landfill because we have running water here and don’t shit in the street like those cretins.

But Hoiberg was born in Lincoln, and he was also a Clown.

I'll be honest I had no idea he was born in Lincoln. He went to high school in Ames though, right? So he couldn't have lived in Lincoln for very long. Not long enough to be nostalgic I wouldn't think. But if they throw enough money at him that could outweigh everything else. If I was his kids I'd be pissed though haha.

Totally get that. You or I wouldn’t be caught dead in that landfill because we have running water here and don’t shit in the street like those cretins.

But Hoiberg was born in Lincoln, and he was also a Clown.

Ya I just read that and didn't realize he was born there. Interesting

Latest posts