Hawks in the NCAA Tournament:

I guess it's because I take more stock in how he looks in Big Ten play versus teams like Delaware State. So far the only games where he has played well was against Michigan and Purdue, mostly because of the contributions he was making on the offensive end.

I get it, we all want the young eastern Iowa kid to succeed. But when you look at his play objectively I don't get how anyone can look at Bohannon and see the makings of a really good point guard.

I'm not sure why you brought Cook into this. Cook is fixable, his issues will correct themselves with experience and are not due to a lack of talent. Yes freshman will make freshmen mistakes and I do see a decent SG in Bohannon.

Bohannon is a true freshman isn't he allowed some time to figure things out. If you think Bohannon's play is the only reason preventing Iowa from making the tournament then I do not know what to tell you.

Bohannon is a true freshman isn't he allowed some time to figure things out.

Absolutely, but quickness is not a skill that typically develops. His decision making should get better with experience.

If you think Bohannon's play is the only reason preventing Iowa from making the tournament then I do not know what to tell you.

I never said that or even implied it, there is plenty of blame to go around for not making the tournament.

Bohannon is a true freshman isn't he allowed some time to figure things out. If you think Bohannon's play is the only reason preventing Iowa from making the tournament then I do not know what to tell you.

It's Fran's fault for putting him in this situation. It's not Jordans fault

I guess it's because I take more stock in how he looks in Big Ten play versus teams like Delaware State. So far the only games where he has played well was against Michigan and Purdue, mostly because of the contributions he was making on the offensive end.

I get it, we all want the young eastern Iowa kid to succeed. But when you look at his play objectively I don't get how anyone can look at Bohannon and see the makings of a really good point guard.

I'm not sure why you brought Cook into this. Cook is fixable, his issues will correct themselves with experience and are not due to a lack of talent. Yes freshman will make freshmen mistakes and I do see a decent SG in Bohannon.

Dean and others are adamant that not only is there the makings of a real good PG they think he's already proven he's good now for some reason

It's Fran's fault for putting him in this situation. It's not Jordans fault

I thought they would get more out CW. I assumed he would take the next step and he hasn't, therefore JB is playing nearly 30 mins. a game. Where it should be in the high teens, low 20's at best.

Last edited:
Dean and others are adamant that not only is there the makings of a real good PG they think he's already proven he's good now for some reason

He is performing above or at about the same rate as many 4* PG. I'm not sure how/why that isn't good.

No I didn't

Don't be a liar. You said he was toward the bottom, meaning he wasn't the worst....

Either way, I'll post all the stats for the 4* PG again today, and show you that he is pretty much performing as a middle of a pack 4* PG......I'd say that is pretty good.

Don't be a liar. You said he was toward the bottom, meaning he wasn't the worst....

Either way, I'll post all the stats for the 4* PG again today, and show you that he is pretty much performing as a middle of a pack 4* PG......I'd say that is pretty good.

Offensively maybe because he's forced into getting minutes. I'd take any 4* PG over him though especially when defense is our issue not offense

Because he's good offensively and his defense can be fixed because of his size and athleticism

Jordan has a WAY higher Orate in Conference play than Cook. If Cook has the size and athleticism to be good, that is even a bigger stike against him that he can't be at least competent at the defensive end right now.

Fact is Jordan is a Fr. as well and will improve on D, just like Cook will. If you are going to bag on Jordan's D, you need to bag on Cook, Pemsl, and Jok as well as NONE of them play very good D at all.

Jordan has a WAY higher Orate in Conference play than Cook. If Cook has the size and athleticism to be good, that is even a bigger stike against him that he can't be at least competent at the defensive end right now.

Fact is Jordan is a Fr. as well and will improve on D, just like Cook will. If you are going to bag on Jordan's D, you need to bag on Cook, Pemsl, and Jok as well as NONE of them play very good D at all.

What is their offensive ratings on the season? I expect Cook to improve drastically defensively and Jordan probably won't because he's small and not athletic

In terms of expectations, I think Bohannon is at the very least at or exceeded my expectations.

Cook is well below the type of player I thought he would be.

Remember, although he will never admit it, 5656 only cares about recruiting rankings.

In terms of expectations, I think Bohannon is at the very least at or exceeded my expectations.

Cook is well below the type of player I thought he would be.

Remember, although he will never admit it, 5656 only cares about recruiting rankings.

I care about offers not rankings. Garza could be a 2 star for all I care but look who wanted him. Cook has a very high ceiling, Bohannon is too limited to improve much except cutting down on turnovers. There's a reason nobody wanted him

I care about offers not rankings. Garza could be a 2 star for all I care but look who wanted him. Cook has a very high ceiling, Bohannon is too limited to improve much except cutting down on turnovers. There's a reason nobody wanted him

Well the two (offers/rankings) are very highly correlated to begin with. How did that work with Fleming ;)?

As far as I know most of your trolling has been about how bad we suck THIS year. We aren't talking about potential, we are talking about actual performance this season. That is why Dean called out your hypocrisy.