Hawks in the NCAA Tournament:

I knew a kid like Hawk5656 in high school once. No matter how many times he was told that noone liked him. He just kept sitting at our lunch table. Like herpes he just wouldn't go away. Time to work on your personality buddy. Personal reflection is a good starting point. Friendly tip. Stop over valuing your uneducated opinions.

I knew a kid like Hawk5656 in high school once. No matter how many times he was told that noone liked him. He just kept sitting at our lunch table. Like herpes he just wouldn't go away. Time to work on your personality buddy. Personal reflection is a good starting point. Friendly tip. Stop over valuing your uneducated opinions.

You actually told him that nobody like him???? I hope my kids don't treat anybody like that. He was looking for friendship and you guys made him feel like an outcast.

You actually told him that nobody like him???? I hope my kids don't treat anybody like that. He was looking for friendship and you guys made him feel like an outcast.

Kind of what I was thinking. I wouldn't go around bragging about that. I don't think Hawk 56 has esteem issues.

You're a bully. I hope my son would never do that to a classmate

Yes we did. First, it's not my inclination to coddle people. Second, the criticism was honest and accurate. Delivered bluntly and simply. Not in the form of ridicule like he experienced from other cliques. Third, "glass houses" I'm sure we all have larger skeletons to hide. Fourth imagine Hawk5656 sitting at your table stubbornly debating asinine opinions like a pompous fool. The kid was truly insufferable. Fifth, even though I don't know you I hope your children are allowed to enjoy their lunch with friends that they enjoy the company of and not to be made miserable daily being badgered by some know it all. Call me crazy. I guess my daddy never loved me enough.

You're a bully. I hope my son would never do that to a classmate

Pot meet kettle. Dude you are the very definition of a cyber bully. You lurk around in cyber space saying disparaging things about kids that you don't even know. I'm sure that Gordy and his wife would put you on their Christmas card list after reading your remarks about how their son is "slow", "short", and "has no chance of improving". You want a bully you need not look farther than your bathroom mirror. Like I told you earlier. Personal reflection. Get some.

Pot meet kettle. Dude you are the very definition of a cyber bully. You lurk around in cyber space saying disparaging things about kids that you don't even know. I'm sure that Gordy and his wife would put you on their Christmas card list after reading your remarks about how their son is "slow", "short", and "has no chance of improving". You want a bully you need not look farther than your bathroom mirror. Like I told you earlier. Personal reflection. Get some.

Pointing out a players weaknesses is not bullying anyone and everyone does it on here. You're a bully and I'm nothing like you

Pointing out a players weaknesses is not bullying anyone and everyone does it on here. You're a bully and I'm nothing like you

Denial is not just a river in Africa. Pointing out someones weakness constantly and negatively is the very definition of verbal bullying. It is clear though that you show a reluctance to critique yourself in the manner that you feel so justly doing to others.
Next point. Just because you like to neg on Iowa athletes and coaches does not mean that the majority of people visiting this site are here to do the same. You have stated your opinion about a billion times. I am confident that most of us agree that it is baseless and silly. Yet you feel the need to inundate us with your negative drivel and tired narrative. To wit I will up the stakes and declare that you are also a forum bully. Feverishly pounding the threads with your opinions and robbing others of a positive and meaningful experience.

Denial is not just a river in Africa. Pointing out someones weakness constantly and negatively is the very definition of verbal bullying. It is clear though that you show a reluctance to critique yourself in the manner that you feel so justly doing to others.
Next point. Just because you like to neg on Iowa athletes and coaches does not mean that the majority of people visiting this site are here to do the same. You have stated your opinion about a billion times. I am confident that most of us agree that it is baseless and silly. Yet you feel the need to inundate us with your negative drivel and tired narrative. To wit I will up the stakes and declare that you are also a forum bully. Feverishly pounding the threads with your opinions and robbing others of a positive and meaningful experience.

People say Jok and Cook suck at defense all the time, are they bullies too?

You were that kid, weren't you. With a personality line this, I'm not surprised.

Yes we did. First, it's not my inclination to coddle people. Second, the criticism was honest and accurate. Delivered bluntly and simply. Not in the form of ridicule like he experienced from other cliques. Third, "glass houses" I'm sure we all have larger skeletons to hide. Fourth imagine Hawk5656 sitting at your table stubbornly debating asinine opinions like a pompous fool. The kid was truly insufferable. Fifth, even though I don't know you I hope your children are allowed to enjoy their lunch with friends that they enjoy the company of and not to be made miserable daily being badgered by some know it all. Call me crazy. I guess my daddy never loved me enough.

First of all this is the internet, not real life. People we don't like on here we can simply ignore.

"glass house" ok fine, none of us are perfect but that was cold and it isn't a good excuse to not realize that and improve.

I teach my kids to be respectful towards everyone.

First of all this is the internet, not real life. People we don't like on here we can simply ignore.

"glass house" ok fine, none of us are perfect but that was cold and it isn't a good excuse to not realize that and improve.

I teach my kids to be respectful towards everyone.

I understand your position. While it wasn't the crowning achievement of my life it isn't something I will lose sleep over. I also believe in the value of respect and teach my children to be courteous and caring, but that also has its limitations. I have never and will never tell my children that they should be miserable just to spare someone else's feelings. If you still feel that you can't understand the scenario. Just tell me where you are having lunch for the next 2 months. I will show up uninvited everyday and I will play devil's advocate and argue every little thing you have to say no matter how wrong I am. We will see how long your civility will last.

Also, the "Internet isn't real life" that is like saying "real" life doesn't effect me if I close my eyes. The Internet is very "real". The things said on the Internet have a far greater reach and impact then face to face interactions. Imagine your embarrassment if instead of having a few people seeing you get made fun of it was thousands of people. For children these days the Internet is an extention of their life and is instrumental in one's self esteem and identity. This is not an opinion. It is a fact. Read some articles or talk to a child psychologist.

Lastly I love how my post receives all the scrutiny while Hawk5656 is allowed to continually bash current Iowa student athletes with immunity. People want to champion someone's feelings from 15 years ago but have no concern over what is happening right now. The fact that people sit idle while it happens makes them culpable. Jordan is a very pleasant young man with a good head on his shoulders. I have had the pleasure of his acquaintance a couple times. I also know that against good advice he has read things like this and the nasty things people have said. I am ashamed that they came from so called Iowa "fans", but you know, it isn't real anyways so who cares?

I understand your position. While it wasn't the crowning achievement of my life it isn't something I will lose sleep over. I also believe in the value of respect and teach my children to be courteous and caring, but that also has its limitations. I have never and will never tell my children that they should be miserable just to spare someone else's feelings. If you still feel that you can't understand the scenario. Just tell me where you are having lunch for the next 2 months. I will show up uninvited everyday and I will play devil's advocate and argue every little thing you have to say no matter how wrong I am. We will see how long your civility will last.

Also, the "Internet isn't real life" that is like saying "real" life doesn't effect me if I close my eyes. The Internet is very "real". The things said on the Internet have a far greater reach and impact then face to face interactions. Imagine your embarrassment if instead of having a few people seeing you get made fun of it was thousands of people. For children these days the Internet is an extention of their life and is instrumental in one's self esteem and identity. This is not an opinion. It is a fact. Read some articles or talk to a child psychologist.

Lastly I love how my post receives all the scrutiny while Hawk5656 is allowed to continually bash current Iowa student athletes with immunity. People want to champion someone's feelings from 15 years ago but have no concern over what is happening right now. The fact that people sit idle while it happens makes them culpable. Jordan is a very pleasant young man with a good head on his shoulders. I have had the pleasure of his acquaintance a couple times. I also know that against good advice he has read things like this and the nasty things people have said. I am ashamed that they came from so called Iowa "fans", but you know, it isn't real anyways so who cares?

Who am I bashing? Criticizing a players weakness or weaknesses is standard around here, just because I am critical of a player who is a fan favorite even though he isn't producing doesn't mean I'm some bully.

Adam, your post was one of the rudest posts I've ever seen on here. You were pumping yourself up as a bully. When kids act like you describe there is usually something missing emotionally or in intelligence. It could be he was slow in maturing or missing something at home. You didn't sound like a stand up guy. To bully someone has to have power which you did in that case obviously. 56 is annoying but he holds zero power over JB, therefore not really a bully. You called him out over his weaknesses just like you did the kid in the example. 56 could stop this if he wanted. In referring to the kid, you were the bully. Bad choice of an example. Shameful.

Who am I bashing? Criticizing a players weakness or weaknesses is standard around here, just because I am critical of a player who is a fan favorite even though he isn't producing doesn't mean I'm some bully.

Your comments are beyond being critical. I personally don't care what he does on the court. He is a student athlete for the school that I love. He has done nothing yet but try his hardest. I chose to support my college and it's students as apposed to putting them down for my own amusement. Would you say these things to Jordan's face?

Your comments are beyond being critical. I personally don't care what he does on the court. He is a student athlete for the school that I love. He has done nothing yet but try his hardest. I chose to support my college and it's students as apposed to putting them down for my own amusement. Would you say these things to Jordan's face?

Well that is where we differ. Considering you're an admitted bully I bet you've criticized players before

Adam, your post was one of the rudest posts I've ever seen on here. You were pumping yourself up as a bully. When kids act like you describe there is usually something missing emotionally or in intelligence. It could be he was slow in maturing or missing something at home. You didn't sound like a stand up guy. To bully someone has to have power which you did in that case obviously. 56 is annoying but he holds zero power over JB, therefore not really a bully. You called him out over his weaknesses just like you did the kid in the example. 56 could stop this if he wanted. In referring to the kid, you were the bully. Bad choice of an example. Shameful.

Well your opinion is yours, but just so know the kid was the class valedictorian for Lincoln High school. As a 16 year old peer. I held zero power over him or anyone. I never exerted physical dominance. Or held any authority. I also never verbally attacked him. We will have to fundamentally disagree that telling someone that you don't like them is bullying or shameful.

Latest posts