Hawks in the NCAA Tournament:

One thing I do like about Jordan is his ability to grab the ball in a scrum, and race downcourt leaving people behind. This is a good thing. Watched it happen 2/3 times in the Maryland game. Crowd fighting for the ball around the free throw circle, can't even see the ball. Suddenly Jordan comes bursting out of the pile, speeding downcourt usually passing the ball to Moss. They work together very well.....

Sometimes I would like to see Jordan pass the ball more when players are temporarily open on the wings. Jordan continues dribbling the ball. Might be more effective to move the ball down more quickly in transition.....

Last edited:
Well the two (offers/rankings) are very highly correlated to begin with. How did that work with Fleming ;)?

As far as I know most of your trolling has been about how bad we suck THIS year. We aren't talking about potential, we are talking about actual performance this season. That is why Dean called out your hypocrisy.

Usually the more offers you have the better you will be. Of course there are outliers but the reason nobody wanted Bohannon was because of his size and athleticism

Usually the more offers you have the better you will be. Of course there are outliers but the reason nobody wanted Bohannon was because of his size and athleticism

So you haven't answered the question. Why do you rag on Bohannon as the reason we suck this year, but never mention Cook or others?

I care about offers not rankings. Garza could be a 2 star for all I care but look who wanted him. Cook has a very high ceiling, Bohannon is too limited to improve much except cutting down on turnovers. There's a reason nobody wanted him

"Bohannon is too limited to improve" "There is a reason noone wanted him." Dude you are plain crazy. Defense is more about recognition and execution. You don't need to be an blue chip athlete to defend as 5 men on the court. That is why less talented teams focus on building defense to generate easy offense. Bohannon will improve dramatically on defense as the years go on. As for offense. He has a pure stroke and shooters have all the advantages. Jok is a mediocre athlete. His first step looks like he is wearing concrete shoes. However the threat to rise, fire and hit from anywhere in the half court offense makes him tough to guard. That is how he is able to make dribble moves and get space. Bohannon looks to translate to this type of game in the future. All in all I am sure he will have a solid career as a Hawkeye. I also believe he has the personal goods to be a team leader. You value athletic ceiling too much. Unless you are only an NBA fan. Iowa will never start 5 guys that will play in the NBA. Very few institutions can. You should probably go root for one of them. Either way the Hawks will be fine without you.

"Bohannon is too limited to improve" "There is a reason noone wanted him." Dude you are plain crazy. Defense is more about recognition and execution. You don't need to be an blue chip athlete to defend as 5 men on the court. That is why less talented teams focus on building defense to generate easy offense. Bohannon will improve dramatically on defense as the years go on. As for offense. He has a pure stroke and shooters have all the advantages. Jok is a mediocre athlete. His first step looks like he is wearing concrete shoes. However the threat to rise, fire and hit from anywhere in the half court offense makes him tough to guard. That is how he is able to make dribble moves and get space. Bohannon looks to translate to this type of game in the future. All in all I am sure he will have a solid career as a Hawkeye. I also believe he has the personal goods to be a team leader. You value athletic ceiling too much. Unless you are only an NBA fan. Iowa will never start 5 guys that will play in the NBA. Very few institutions can. You should probably go root for one of them. Either way the Hawks will be fine without you.

Defense is more about size and athleticism than recognition. That's just stupid. Most freshman struggle to defend but I would bet you anything the others greatly improve while Bohannon will always be a liability on that end

Watched the terp game on Tivo. Listened to Calhoun with the subtitles on. Hard to understand his New England accent and he seems to mumble, but he really likes the Hawkeyes. He has had good things to say about the Hawks whenever he is one of the announcers. He is a Hall of Fame coach who has won three National Championships, so I give him the benefit of a doubt when discussing basketball.....

Concerning the terp game he called the Hawkeyes JunkYardDogs, during the second half comeback. He was very impressed by the tenacity and fight in the Hawks. He loved Wagner and Baers play, Calhoun said that the Hawks are a very tough team to play, other than the NW game. He loved the toughness watching the Purdue game.....

Still, No Way for the NCAA.....This season.....

But watch out next year.....

:cool:

Defense is more about size and athleticism than recognition. That's just stupid. Most freshman struggle to defend but I would bet you anything the others greatly improve while Bohannon will always be a liability on that end

Repeating your played out "evaluation" still doesn't make it correct. By your standards Williams and Uhl should be starters. More size and athleticism. Can you explain why they aren't? Here I will help you. Its because they don't execute as well. "Execution over expectation." Just repeat that to yourself over and over like a mantra. Just a little nugget from the late, great John Wooden.

Repeating your played out "evaluation" still doesn't make it correct. By your standards Williams and Uhl should be starters. More size and athleticism. Can you explain why they aren't? Here I will help you. Its because they don't execute as well. "Execution over expectation." Just repeat that to yourself over and over like a mantra. Just a little nugget from the late, great John Wooden.

Williams is behind Moss and Jok, it's pretty obvious he's not a PG. Uhl isn't that athletic and he's skinny

Williams is behind Moss and Jok, it's pretty obvious he's not a PG. Uhl isn't that athletic and he's skinny

What difference does it make about position. Your argument was that size and athleticism were the most important measure. Also as far as this team the athletic pecking order goes Cook, Williams, Moss and then Uhl. In that exact order. Yet 2 of the top 4 are barley contributors. Also Andrew Wiggins was 1 inch shorter and 8 pounds lighter than Uhl is now when he was selected as the overall number 1 pick in the 2014 Draft. So again you are wrong and clearly deflecting.

What difference does it make about position. Your argument was that size and athleticism were the most important measure. Also as far as this team the athletic pecking order goes Cook, Williams, Moss and then Uhl. In that exact order. Yet 2 of the top 4 are barley contributors. Also Andrew Wiggins was 1 inch taller and 8 pounds heavier than Uhl is now when he was selected as the overall number 1 pick in the 2014 Draft. So again you are wrong and clearly deflecting.

I don't think Williams is the second most athletic player on the team at all

Yeah I was the one that was saying Williams was going to be bad and we'd be an NIT team at best preseason and got crucified for it

Lots of people thought Iowa was going to be a NIT team before the season. Many felt our PG were going to struggle. You are being crucified for being an obvious troll, pretty simple really

Yeah I was the one that was saying Williams was going to be bad and we'd be an NIT team at best preseason and got crucified for it

Was it real hard to predict that a team replacing 4 startes in the BIG 10 was going to be a long shot team. Jeez I'm impressed Nostradamus.

Latest posts